Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sky shark posted:

but I thought that gaza was literally packed with people wall to wall and there's no places for HAMAS to fire rockets without endangering anyone and ~*fartz*~

Indeed it is, there's few places to fire rockets without either firing within the city, or getting picked off in an open town. In spite of this, Hamas somehow manages to not put rockets in active schools, shocking.

quote:

because we know that when counterfire comes in to this "abandoned school" the headlines won't be "Israel literally hitler, shells schools" and not "HAMAS hides rockets in schools again"

lol @ dis

quote:

Strange how UN labeled buildings and facilities and materials keep getting subverted for HAMAS use. Mystifying even.

it's almost like hamas is a government, and people work for that government, and sometimes are injured, so they go to a hospital

unless you think hamas is using state of the art bloodbag rockets for maximum spooky halloweens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Neurolimal posted:

Indeed it is, there's few places to fire rockets without either firing within the city, or getting picked off in an open town. In spite of this, Hamas somehow manages to not put rockets in active schools, shocking.
Yeah, just right next to them.
http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/zeitoun-map-new.jpg

Edit jeez it's like the only place they choose not to fire rockets from is open spaces - http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/rocket-launches-from-gaza-EN2.jpg

Gee that might be dangerous though, better to hide behind women and kids

Neurolimal posted:

it's almost like hamas is a government, and people work for that government, and sometimes are injured, so they go to a hospital
So HAMAS makes them safer by storing and firing rockets from the hospital, everyone wins! Except for when their rockets fall short and hit other hospitals but hey HAMAS isn't known for their brainpower...

Neurolimal posted:

unless you think hamas is using state of the art bloodbag rockets for maximum spooky halloweens
By all means, please demonstrate how harmless these rockets are by standing next to one when it goes off kthx

sky shark fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 4, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sky shark posted:

Yeah, just right next to them.
http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/zeitoun-map-new.jpg

Edit jeez it's like the only place they choose not to fire rockets from is open spaces - http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/rocket-launches-from-gaza-EN2.jpg

Israel Defense Force Blog has a long standing history of impartial reporting using unambiguous facts to present a clear picture of the situation within the Gaza strip.

quote:

By all means, please demonstrate how harmless these rockets are by standing next to one when it goes off kthx

The pissrockets can kill people, but they typically dont, especially when a long-term ceasefire is being upheld. If only Israel could have done something to avoid breaking the ceasefire, such as not mass-arresting freed hamas officials and bombing the strip after bitchtard settlers were kidnapped by a non-hamas group.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You will idiots stop engaging this DnD moron?

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Israel Defense Force Blog has a long standing history of impartial reporting using unambiguous facts to present a clear picture of the situation within the Gaza strip.
By all means if you have evidence that in these cases the IDF is lying, show it. Until then, you sound like an apologist. Also lol at impartial coming from the guy who denies hamas uses human shields and doesn't understand how threatening journalists might cause bias

Neurolimal posted:

The pissrockets can kill people, but they typically dont, especially when a long-term ceasefire is being upheld. If only Israel could have done something to avoid breaking the ceasefire, such as not mass-arresting freed hamas officials and bombing the strip after bitchtard settlers were kidnapped by a non-hamas group.
if they are so safe, these pissrockets, stand next to one as it detonates

the reason they typically dont is because israel builds shelters with concrete while hamas builds tunnels (and is comically incomptent) but we don't give partial credit for trying and failing

if only there wasn't evidence of years long tunneling efforts into israel proper oh well ho hum no evidence of bad faith there

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

BexGu posted:

Or does the UN guard it with their own personal and staff?

lol at the UN "guarding" anything

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sky shark posted:

By all means if you have evidence that in these cases the IDF is lying, show it. Until then, you sound like an apologist. Also lol at impartial coming from the guy who denies hamas uses human shields and doesn't understand how threatening journalists might cause bias
if they are so safe, these pissrockets, stand next to one as it detonates

Literally one reporter has claimed to have been intimidated by Hamas. No journalists have corroborated his tweet (not even ones no longer within the Gaza Strip, far from Hamas' Terror Grip), and his past tweets have claimed that the beach incident where an Israeli gunship shot at four children playing soccer as being "a misfired rocket".

You don't need more than one example of the propaganda wing of a military leveling hospitals falsifying evidence to consider that maybe the propaganda wing of a military leveling hospitals' posters supporting their leveling of hospitals aren't on the up-and-up.

quote:

the reason they typically dont is because israel builds shelters with concrete while hamas builds tunnels (and is comically incomptent) but we don't give partial credit for trying and failing

When a country is enforcing blockades around your borders smuggling tunnels become mandatory.

quote:

if only there wasn't evidence of years long tunneling efforts into israel proper oh well ho hum no evidence of bad faith there

None of which were used to attack Israel during the ceasefire, and of which Israel was unaware of during the ceasefire, only after attacking the Gaza Strip did they suddenly find and retroactively use them to justify the assault. Typically a government that actually wants peace might, you know, demand they collapse those tunnels before breaking hard-fought peace agreements and leveling their hospitals, but what do I know~

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

iyaayas01 posted:

lol at the UN "guarding" anything

The best thing about the UN is that Israel has a seat on the decolonization committee and Saudi Arabia is on the Human Rights Council. The UN does good work but everything relating to its function as a table for international diplomacy is an absolute joke.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

illrepute posted:

The UN does good work but everything relating to its function as a table for international diplomacy is an absolute joke.

I thought the UNSC was proof enough of that

"hey, stop doing that thing, or we'll start a vote which your sugardaddy superpower will immediately veto!"

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Literally one reporter has claimed to have been intimidated by Hamas. No journalists have corroborated his tweet (not even ones no longer within the Gaza Strip, far from Hamas' Terror Grip), and his past tweets have claimed that the beach incident where an Israeli gunship shot at four children playing soccer as being "a misfired rocket".
Literally one reporter. Besides the others. http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=54&x_article=2785

But hey, when HAMAS has such a rich history of murdering and torturing political opponents, we should just give them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't make someone stepping out of line have an "accident" and then blaming Israel for the body, right?

No, that wouldn't happen. Perish the thought

Neurolimal posted:

You don't need more than one example of the propaganda wing of a military leveling hospitals falsifying evidence to consider that maybe the propaganda wing of a military leveling hospitals' posters supporting their leveling of hospitals aren't on the up-and-up.
uh huh. except of course when its hamas levelling the hospital when one of their rockets falls short

Neurolimal posted:

When a country is enforcing blockades around your borders smuggling tunnels become mandatory.
Tunnels into israel itself? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-destroys-hamas-tunnels-from-gaza/

no wait it's just like minecraft those can be built in an evening

Neurolimal posted:

None of which were used to attack Israel during the ceasefire, and of which Israel was unaware of during the ceasefire, only after attacking the Gaza Strip did they suddenly find and retroactively use them to justify the assault. Typically a government that actually wants peace might, you know, demand they collapse those tunnels before breaking hard-fought peace agreements and leveling their hospitals, but what do I know~
yeah they were just there to be used when the opportunity arose, like all those rockets that occasionally got lobbed into israel right? it's not like hamas has any history of launching terror attacks none whatsoever...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Seriously. Is this seriously your bullshit excuse for other reporters, an article reporting that one guy deleted a tweet that condemned Hamas for holding a press conference in a building, and a tweet where the person rephrased her tweet because she wasn't entirely sure if she was correct (because she is-not-a-demolitions-expert). This is your example of Hamas' Horror Eyes, your example of reporters standing with the italian reporter who mistakes gunship fire as misfired rockets.

Right, because Hamas is confined to their borders, while reporters can freely leave and report on what is really happening.

That's a cool 5 year old article, but I didn't claim that Hamas was a saint, only that they are in the right with regards to the current conflict.

quote:

uh huh. except of course when its hamas levelling the hospital when one of their rockets falls short

Which, again, has only been suggested by one reporter with a history of lovely reporting, Israeli Defense Force Blog, and a million poo poo sites referencing those two sources.

Those are not the only tunnels within the Gaza Strip, we both know this.

quote:

yeah they were just there to be used when the opportunity arose, like all those rockets that occasionally got lobbed into israel right? it's not like hamas has any history of launching terror attacks none whatsoever...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...suicide_attacks

Yes, it's a shame that Israel continues to break ceasefires which lead to these tragic attacks, I agree that it's awful that Israel does not consider the lives of its citizens before deciding to violently smash all infrastructure in a neighboring state for ??? reasons.

e: wow how do you gently caress up [url=] that badly, fixed what I found, also you added another url immediately afterwards, here's the juicy bits worth talking about :

quote:

everal Western journalists currently working in Gaza have been harassed and threatened by Hamas for documenting cases of the terrorist group’s involvement of civilians in warfare against Israel, Israeli officials said, expressing outrage that some in the international media apparently allow themselves to be intimidated and do not report on such incidents

The state of Israel condemns the western journalists who allow themselves to be intimidated into not reporting on their intimidation, which totally exists.

quote:

The journalist, who has family living in Gaza, was then interrogated by one of the Hamas men. “Who are you? What’s your name? What are you doing?” The Hamas fighter also asked the journalist whether he spoke Hebrew or had any ties to the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah. “The young Hamas supporters insistently ask the question: ‘Are you a correspondent for Israel?’” he recalled in the article. The reporter asserted that he works for French and Algerian media only, but was eventually told to leave Gaza and stop working.

Being paranoid about Israeli spies when you and previous palestinian governments have a history of your leaders being assassinated (esp. if it's true that a hamas leader was holding a press meeting there) isn't exactly the same as intimidating reporters into not reporting Hamas misdoings. It's still pretty poo poo and my sympathy goes out to him, but this isn't supporting your argument.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 4, 2014

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

holocaust bloopers posted:

yeah i actually feel guilty for doing it myself for so long, he just talks right past you and runs his suck about the ceasefire and oh the poor hamas militants hu bloo bloo bloo
lmao go over there and fight some jews yourself if you feel so much you fuckin pussy i don't see what there is to debate about this

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

And also:
:gas:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
tbh i liked the chat about counter-fire procedure, UHF clips, and anecdotes of foreign soldiers being assholes, not so much the dipsticks trying to totally 0wn a D&D poster (who's posted in all of one D&D thread) and linking The Jerusalem Jihad as sources

i'm sure it makes those guys hecka mad that I just lol at them posting poo poo sources instead of politefully engaging them on the field of debate battle, but if i want to do that i'l just post in the other thread

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

quote:

And also:
:gas:

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 4, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Goddamnit, no. Not after that beautiful OP. Probate this fucker for arguing like a redditor and deliberately trolling and think of the last five pages as a sad early chapter in the hopefully long and illustrious history of the new current events thread.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

at the date posted:

Goddamnit, no. Not after that beautiful OP. Probate this fucker for arguing like a redditor and deliberately trolling

*nasally babyman voice* mooooom, he's "trolling" my threeeeeead

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I can't even get off to reports of browns being killed in swathes because this chucklefuck keeps popping in with his nonsense. Hey human being, you're that loving rear end in a top hat who sits under the oak tree in the quad in flip flops with an acoustic guitar and is actually a loving date rapist. gently caress you you stupid loving oval office

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're obnoxious.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm in hog heaven no matter which side takes heavy losses

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

I thought the UNSC was proof enough of that

"hey, stop doing that thing, or we'll start a vote which your sugardaddy superpower will immediately veto!"
Y'know, normally I wouldn't rise to something like this, but this is by far the funniest poo poo I've read all day. The UNSC isn't some imposition from powerful countries, and if only we could get rid of it the true democratic voice of the world would no longer be gagged by veto. The UNSC exists in order to have a formal way to avoid that awkward moment where the UN votes to do something, and the United States says, "no, we're not going to do that." And then everyone realizes that votes don't mean anything unless someone is willing to go to the mats to enforce the result. And on the international scene, there are really only about four countries that can impose their will unilaterally. Makes u think.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Y'know, normally I wouldn't rise to something like this, but this is by far the funniest poo poo I've read all day. The UNSC isn't some imposition from powerful countries, and if only we could get rid of it the true democratic voice of the world would no longer be gagged by veto. The UNSC exists in order to have a formal way to avoid that awkward moment where the UN votes to do something, and the United States says, "no, we're not going to do that." And then everyone realizes that votes don't mean anything unless someone is willing to go to the mats to enforce the result. And on the international scene, there are really only about four countries that can impose their will unilaterally. Makes u think.

cool paragraph

tbh i'd rather see that happen even if they end up falling on their face like drunks, at least they could say "hey, we tried to stop an apartheid state from bombing all its second class citizens' hospitals" instead of grimacing and shrugging a lot before patting themselves on the back for a job well done after the veto whattayagunnado

it would prolly be amusing seeing america have to choose between siding with the world economy or 8 million weirdos in the desert who export hummus and yuppie soda machines and leech US money to funnel into subsidized lockmart toys

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 5, 2014

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

it would prolly be amusing seeing america have to choose between siding with the world economy or 8 million weirdos in the desert who export hummus and yuppie soda machines and leech US money to funnel into subsidized lockmart toys
Genuinely curious which state or group of states you think is going to shut themselves out of US markets over our support for our least popular frenemy.
"I collapsed our national economy to make a point about Palestine" isn't really a speech most leaders want to make.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Genuinely curious which state or group of states you think is going to shut themselves out of US markets over our support for our least popular frenemy.

none of the big ones, but it doesn't hurt to dream~

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

but it doesn't hurt to dream~

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

radical

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

"I collapsed our national economy to make a point about Palestine" isn't really a speech most leaders want to make.

I loving love America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Whip, fyi I'm abandoning the Thunderdome. Hopefully when the messiah returns the true thunderdome will be restored, and.. you get the joke.

• Locked thread