Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

That vacant spot is awkward as hell.

----

THIS MONTH ON TNA: WHERE WRESTLING MATTERS.

-- Vince Russo was fired. Again.

-- However Spike isn't happy about TNA lying about Russo's employment. Which resulted in:

-- Spike supposedly canning their TV deal.

-- HOORAY.

-- TNAsylum and Mecca have gone into full meltdown mode.

-- I guess storyline wise, TNA is in NYC and Jeff Hardy is back? (NOT WILLOW)

-- Big Bobby is still our champion!

-- Austin Aries lost his world title match. That is why the X-Division Title is vacant. OR IS IT? :tinfoil: #AskQuestions

----

Next TNA PPV: I don't know. Probably a one night only thing.

----

I WAS NOT PAID FOR THIS FOURDOWN PLUG. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND MAKE CLETUS HAPPY.

----

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait what happened to Sanada

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alouicious posted:

wait what happened to Sanada

this did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99apXDHilic&t=684s

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
TNA One Night Only: Xtravaganza 2 is tomorrow night, and the matches look pretty drat good (even if some of the guys are no longer in the company or even wrestling, OH WELL):

Low Ki vs. Chris Sabin

Rashad Cameron vs. DJ Z

Kenny King vs. Rubix

Manik vs. Ace Vedder (a.k.a. Trent Baretta)

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rockstar Spud

Tigre Uno vs. Petey Williams

Bad Influence vs. the Wolves - ladder match

Austin Aries vs. Seiya Senada

Ultimate X match involving the winners of the first six matches

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tna sucks and is dead, btw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the hell did i just watch

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

So according to that thing published by PWInsider, TNA has not yet been cancelled and the celebrations are premature? The agency people are still in negociations? It was published in the last thread but it seemed like everyone just wanted to talk about Vince Russo getting fired but who cares if he got fired from a burning, sinking ship I want to know that TNA is dead and gone and I didn't get my hopes up for nothing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

maxallen posted:

So according to that thing published by PWInsider, TNA has not yet been cancelled and the celebrations are premature? The agency people are still in negociations? It was published in the last thread but it seemed like everyone just wanted to talk about Vince Russo getting fired but who cares if he got fired from a burning, sinking ship I want to know that TNA is dead and gone and I didn't get my hopes up for nothing.

They've been told that Spike is no longer interested in re-signing them because they've lied to them and broke the one rule (Don't hit women, for fucks sake) that was especially made for them. Negotiations will be ongoing till October in the same way that negotiations were ongoing as Dixie clung to Hogan's leg.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
I hope TNA hangs around without running any actual shows for a good 3-4 years, with intermittent news updates coming out promising new events soon.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
If anything, the negotiations might be for Viacom to outright purchase the company like they do Bellator (but if Dixie's coming with it, it won't go anywhere) and to fulfill any remaining commitments.

As for the abovementioned rule, it's gonna be funny if what happens next week is edited off the show. The morons invited Spike execs to watch Dixie get powerbombed through a table.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

TNA One Night Only: Xtravaganza 2 is tomorrow night, and the matches look pretty drat good (even if some of the guys are no longer in the company or even wrestling, OH WELL):

Low Ki vs. Chris Sabin

Rashad Cameron vs. DJ Z

Kenny King vs. Rubix

Manik vs. Ace Vedder (a.k.a. Trent Baretta)

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rockstar Spud

Tigre Uno vs. Petey Williams

Bad Influence vs. the Wolves - ladder match

Austin Aries vs. Seiya Senada

Ultimate X match involving the winners of the first six matches

If a thread of for this gets put up can we all agree not to post in it?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If a thread of for this gets put up can we all agree not to post in it?

Would anyone post in it to begin with?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Testekill posted:

Would anyone post in it to begin with?

The last couple had like 3 or 4 posts!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh woops, forgot it was August/missed this thread.

Vacant is getting another title? Dammit, put somebody over for once!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Perigryn posted:

As for the abovementioned rule, it's gonna be funny if what happens next week is edited off the show. The morons invited Spike execs to watch Dixie get powerbombed through a table.

RIP TNA. You died as you lived.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Perigryn posted:

The morons invited Spike execs to watch Dixie get powerbombed through a table.

It's pretty amusing to think that Dixie et al thought they'd pull a Hogan/Goldberg title win-move with that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

It's pretty amusing to think that Dixie et al thought they'd pull a Hogan/Goldberg title win-move with that.

Until it happens, I'm still not convinced it'll be televised.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Some of those Xtravaganza matches look good on paper. Wolves vs. Bad Influence mainly. Ki vs. Sabin was good at Bound For Glory like 8 years ago.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well I bought one of their one night only things because it was $2 on Youtube but I didn't get to finish it and they made the video private after I started watching so they screwed me out of my money so gently caress tna go out of loving business

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It's your own fault for giving them money in the first place. Dixie will be able to finance 0.002 more minutes of bullshit with those two dollars.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
#ITHAPPENS

Perigryn posted:

I really wanna know what their thought process behind that was. "Surely once they see how excited the crowd gets when Dixie goes through the table, they'll let us beat women whenever we want!" :psyduck:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 1, 2014

lockhq
Feb 26, 2013

Rhonne posted:

#ITHAPPENS

I really wanna know what their thought process behind that was. "Surely once they see how excited the crowd gets when Dixie goes through the table, they'll let us beat women whenever we want!" :psyduck:

I was wondering where the "line" is drawn about man-on-woman violence for Spike. Obviously Bubba-Dixie is a big no. Hypothetically, what if it was Awesome Kong vs Male Jobber, and Kong squashes the jobber, but the male got a few punches in.

Would such an instance of "man-on-woman" violence upset Spike/people?

PS: Note ---> not trying to start any Men's Right Movement argument or anything here, was just wondering if anyone knew where the line is drawn.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They've had men facing women before on Spike and it was always either: the man gets zero offense in, the man wins via a rollup, or another girl beats up his opponent for him.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 1, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nobody mentioned that the ad for the August tapings last night said "Tuesday through Sunday. August 5th through 7th"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nobody mentioned that the ad for the August tapings last night said "Tuesday through Sunday. August 5th through 7th"
:ughh:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
TNA discussion for August might be the last monthly discussion thread

I know we literally thought this back in..gently caress, September of last year? But still

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

1.383 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...on-more/289166/

That's actually down a bit from last week

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

1 year ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

:911:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Heyman was recently asked about TNA using ECW to get themselves over

Newsday.com posted:

CASTILLO: You brought up ECW. At one of those TNA tapings recently at the Manhattan Center it was, again, another ECW revival. It was Tazz and Rhino, and everyone was talking about ECW and soliciting "ECW" chants from the crowd. There ended up being a back-and-forth between Tazz and Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch about how relevant this is anymore. Is it time to move on? When you see that kind of thing -- the umpteenth ECW revival -- is it heartwarming for you know that there's still that passion for something you helped create? Or do you also think it's kind of time to move on?

HEYMAN: I think it's very much time for anybody and everybody to move on, especially on a product that you're trying to push forward. Nostalgia tours are great, but not in a youth oriented and dominated industry. I think the lesson learned in all this is that Spike TV didn't renew them. And one of the reasons has to be that the most passionate reaction they can get is for a product that went away in 2001. And they've been trying to brand themselves since their inception and they can't get it done. They should have spent that time and energy trying to brand themselves and not trying to elicit a response of an audience based on a product that they don't even own.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heyman's got it right. When I think TNA, I basically think WCW, WWE, and ECW veterans having bad matches while a couple of decent new guys are relegated to the lower card.

I mean, look at the list of TNA champions. How many actually made their names in TNA? Even not counting ROH, there's Joe, Styles, Storm, Roode, Aries, Young, and Magnus. Like half, and the rest are WWE/ECW/WCW cast-offs. And Angle, Hardy, and Sting make up like 50% of the reigns between them.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

I mean, look at the list of TNA champions. How many actually made their names in TNA? Even not counting ROH, there's Joe, Styles, Storm, Roode, Aries, Young, and Magnus. Like half, and the rest are WWE/ECW/WCW cast-offs. And Angle, Hardy, and Sting make up like 50% of the reigns between them.

yeah and the worst part is that all but one of the non-wwe/wcw/ecw champs only had 1 title reign (styles). also half of those title reigns were under 100 days long.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I can't believe Vacant chose now of all times to jump ship.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
edit: wrong thread, meant to post this in the thread of the company that'll be around in September.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

jscolon2.0 posted:

edit: wrong thread, meant to post this in the thread of the company that'll be around in September.

:mad: You swerved us.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

I can't believe Vacant chose now of all times to jump ship.

Isn't WWE's Vacant a grey-ish silhouette, though? Clearly TNA snatched up Invisible Wrestler Misuteru from Japan and just called him Vacant in another sad attempt to copy WWE.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I thought it was Alex Riley.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

So does anybody expect TNA to exist in some sort of severely reduced capacity after the TV deal ends? Or is Tits N rear end Wrestling above an Indy existence?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How many times can you call something one night only until it needs to be renamed once a month only or whatever

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burt Buckle posted:

So does anybody expect TNA to exist in some sort of severely reduced capacity after the TV deal ends? Or is Tits N rear end Wrestling above an Indy existence?

They don't have any other source of income except what Panda Energy gives them, and without a TV deal, I would expect Mumsy and Daddums Carter to pull the plug. It's been said many times that the only reason TNA is still alive right now is Spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How many times can you call something one night only until it needs to be renamed once a month only or whatever

It's One Night Only because they never know if they'll be in business when the next one airs.

• Locked thread