Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:ralp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
So I guess we'll never finish Secret Santa now.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Someone stole my mickey mouse from my vehicle. Is nothing sacred with you bastards anymore!

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Thesoldier posted:

Someone stole my mickey mouse from my vehicle. Is nothing sacred with you bastards anymore!

acab obviously

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Branis posted:

im on facebook 24/7. Other than oppressing freedom loving cattle ranchers in nevada, what do BLM cops do? Is it a P sweet gig or what?

I was eyeballing blm work myself, I have a few friends who serve in san Bernardino area.

generally it's fair bit of crossover with the same things national park rangers deal with. Understaffed and patrolling large swaths of territory.

My experience with california blm in the south has been:

- patrolling camping hunting and trails.
- managing events like desert racing (ie. King of the Hammers , etc)
-assessing trails, looking for illegal dumpers , etc.
-talking to the few ranchers , homesteaders etc looking for meth labs, and other stuff that pop up in the middle of nowhere.

Not clear on actual powers regarding arrest, its rare the one time I was present when blm had to arrest a guy for disorderly conduct, they had to wait 2 hours for the local sheriff to show up and take the guy in.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
can't wait to see how this works out :kiddo:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/08/mayors_plan_calls_for_civilian.html

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Most people don't even obey police officers directing traffic. How will the public react when it's some dumb civilian telling them what to do?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
They have the same thing in Baltimore. Every year a bunch of them get in trouble for acting outside their "authority" and doing stuff like putting emergency lights on their 98 toyota corollas and running code to pick up kids or go to hair appointments.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

When I spent the summer of 2008 doing reconstruction work in the Lower Ninth Ward of NOLA, the National Guard did all of the actual police patrolling, with the NOPD only coming in to make arrests when the LANG called them in. Local residents said that they preferred the Guard to the NOPD. Dunno if this is still the case, but I'm wondering what parts of the city the NOPD is actually still able to patrol.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Big K of Justice posted:

I was eyeballing blm work myself, I have a few friends who serve in san Bernardino area.

generally it's fair bit of crossover with the same things national park rangers deal with. Understaffed and patrolling large swaths of territory.

My experience with california blm in the south has been:

- patrolling camping hunting and trails.
- managing events like desert racing (ie. King of the Hammers , etc)
-assessing trails, looking for illegal dumpers , etc.
-talking to the few ranchers , homesteaders etc looking for meth labs, and other stuff that pop up in the middle of nowhere.

Not clear on actual powers regarding arrest, its rare the one time I was present when blm had to arrest a guy for disorderly conduct, they had to wait 2 hours for the local sheriff to show up and take the guy in.

Seems like they go to FLETC so they must be real cops, I wonder if they just don't transport arrestees in that particular area.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
BLM Rangers are "real cops", just like National Park Service, Forest Service, Fish and Wildlife, etc. Federal law enforcement agency jurisdiction can get wonky in some areas and it can depend if an arrest is made on federal land with exclusive jurisdiction or concurrent jurisdiction or on state/county jurisdiction where the Rangers have authority granted by code or local jurisdictions, etc. etc. etc. Some places request that if a federal ranger arrests someone for local charges the local authorities process and book the arrest. While in other places (like here) most law enforcement rangers are granted statewide authority and they can arrest, process, book, and submit the charges all on their own without our help. That said most of them probably won't know the local process or have the ability to transport so we'll end up helping them out anyway.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Thesoldier posted:

Gear adrift

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I've been ice bucket challenged. Which I think is total bullshit because it makes me look like a heartless dick if I don't feel like participating even though I already personally donate a lot of money to various charities every year.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Untagged posted:

I've been ice bucket challenged. Which I think is total bullshit because it makes me look like a heartless dick if I don't feel like participating even though I already personally donate a lot of money to various charities every year.

Do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkO4NIqAMss&sns=em

I have a recurring donation set up to that school in Haiti that something awful had a fund drive for a few years back. I'm up over 1k in donations lifetime; I also donate to the local food bank every month.

I also dumped ice on my head because gently caress it why not.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Untagged posted:

Same, but our PR guy was like "nope"

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

BLM Rangers are "real cops", just like National Park Service, Forest Service, Fish and Wildlife, etc. Federal law enforcement agency jurisdiction can get wonky in some areas and it can depend if an arrest is made on federal land with exclusive jurisdiction or concurrent jurisdiction or on state/county jurisdiction where the Rangers have authority granted by code or local jurisdictions, etc. etc. etc. Some places request that if a federal ranger arrests someone for local charges the local authorities process and book the arrest. While in other places (like here) most law enforcement rangers are granted statewide authority and they can arrest, process, book, and submit the charges all on their own without our help. That said most of them probably won't know the local process or have the ability to transport so we'll end up helping them out anyway.

I worked around BLM when I was in CBP, they were great. They seemed to have a decent amount of autonomy and were always helpful, and most importantly knew their way around the area extremely well, which was really important to us. I was in CA and I'm 99% sure they had authority to make arrests and cite persons, so they must have had some follow on training with the state. Seemed like they had it alright.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

Do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkO4NIqAMss&sns=em

I have a recurring donation set up to that school in Haiti that something awful had a fund drive for a few years back. I'm up over 1k in donations lifetime; I also donate to the local food bank every month.

I also dumped ice on my head because gently caress it why not.

Yeah I'm at like 2k a year to various charities and non profits... which isn't a huge amount but isn't always easy on a civil servant salary but you know what's another $100 you internet fad fuckers. I'm gonna give this one a shot ... :cheers:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Homie S posted:

I worked around BLM when I was in CBP, they were great. They seemed to have a decent amount of autonomy and were always helpful, and most importantly knew their way around the area extremely well, which was really important to us. I was in CA and I'm 99% sure they had authority to make arrests and cite persons, so they must have had some follow on training with the state. Seemed like they had it alright.

If only Whip was still here, he could talk about federal law enforcement rangers and what not. :ohdear:.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Bernard McFacknutah looks so happy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

JayKay posted:

Bernard McFacknutah looks so happy

If that ain't him then he's got a long lost twin out there :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That ain't him. He's some 6'7" beast man or something.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
If anyone's interested, there's going to be a GS-13 Citizenship & Immigration/FDNS Investigator position being posted in September, for the Pittsburgh, PA office.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Is this an old picture or does it keep happening

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Notting Hill Carnival, a glorious event where coppers get ground on by costumed ladies, the air is fresh with the smells of weed and jerk chicken, the streets run with piss and there's occasionally some gang crime.

Carnival. Carnival never changes.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Edwardian posted:

If anyone's interested, there's going to be a GS-13 Citizenship & Immigration/FDNS Investigator position being posted in September, for the Pittsburgh, PA office.

I've worked with FDNS only once, they seemed to have it okay. Is this a LE covered position or is it for the INA stuff?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Homie S posted:

I've worked with FDNS only once, they seemed to have it okay. Is this a LE covered position or is it for the INA stuff?

Not covered. Whoever gets it will be working with the JTTF and the FBI for Admin investigations.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

So just passed the written tests for a local PD and have the oral board scheduled for later tonight. I'm excited/terrified, but oh man would it be sweet to actually have a job that pays real money with my stupid Political Science degree.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Sovereign Citizens are wonderful :magical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebt0l8s3aMQ

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That was loving beautiful! :commissar:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Fuckin P Barnes for president

"God doesn't care about cameras. I do."

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Oh P Barnes. P Barnes.

I am P Barnes. (Not I'm not.)

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

SrgMagnum posted:

Oh P Barnes. P Barnes.

I am P Barnes. (Not I'm not.)

P Barnes. My Barnes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've seen that video a million times, but it never gets old. I can skip right to the "and let the record show you just battered me and now you're using a ta..."

loving love it. That guy was a douche the whole day and I'm pretty sure all of the bailiffs wanted to do the same.

EDIT: Here's his 4 videos of the day so you can appreciate just how much bullshit the courts put up with for this guy. Watch all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDh-yzr_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5V2qBBxWRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3VprSRe5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0YotIQ8Ww

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I like how the bailiff knows his mom had to drive him there.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I can just watch that over and over.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Hey Smiling jack, whats with this poo poo? NYPD doesn't believe in belt keepers or what?

Baton in the way of her gun, no belt keepers so she won't be able to draw her gun for poo poo. I'm fairly certain i'd get sent home to change if I showed up to work with my gear all hosed up like that.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

No antenna on radio, starch/iron marks on uniform. I'm guessing either not a cop or a recruit

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've seen that video a million times, but it never gets old. I can skip right to the "and let the record show you just battered me and now you're using a ta..."

loving love it. That guy was a douche the whole day and I'm pretty sure all of the bailiffs wanted to do the same.

EDIT: Here's his 4 videos of the day so you can appreciate just how much bullshit the courts put up with for this guy. Watch all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDh-yzr_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5V2qBBxWRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3VprSRe5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0YotIQ8Ww

We have similar (less Freeman-ish but similar) guys up here

http://youtu.be/LGffwqE9WD0

If you have time to kill an you hate your life, check out the other videos in this guy's channel. He's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Never saw the post-tasering video before. Why did they just arrest him for disturbing the peace or something similar?

• Locked thread