Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Sword fights huh? Just like my last department....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Howdy Pig Pen!

Tomorrow is Monday. That means it's almost Wednesday when my retirement case finally goes before the board. I'm 5 votes away from ending this loving ordeal, just a week shy of the four year anniversary.

Safe to say I'm gonna be loving useless at work this week waiting for that drat hearing.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

I wouldn't recommend doing this on the most important week of your career if the people you work with know how to speak to the wrong people. Even haphazardly n poo poo...

I'm temporarily working for my brother as his assistant. Luckily he's much more understanding than any reasonable boss would be. He's basically given me a pass for this week. Plus we're in a brief lull so there's not much work to be done and it won't put anyone else out.

Basically I got really lucky and my brother is a cool boss. He keeps asking when I'll be quitting and how I'll do it. Still looking for the perfect method.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got word today that a week short of 4 years since I got injured my disability retirement is approved. Today is a good loving day.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Smoke weed everyday

Well if you insist. Gonna start brewing beer with a boat cop buddy and buy a big rear end piece of land.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

beanieson posted:

grow weed everyday

I hear stuff like that is mighty legal a bit farther north of where I am now. Land is beautiful and cheap too. You guys are pretty smart.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

How'd you get hurt?

Recovering a floater working a patrol boat. lovely conditions and a bad lift. In the whole medical process afterwards I got diagnosed with PTSD and told I wasn't going back.

ProTip: Don't get hurt at work. The work comp system sucks a dick and WILL destroy your life as you know it.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

It never really occurred to me until just now that it's somebodies job to get the bodies out of the river.

Hahaha life is loving ridiculous.

Yeah floaters are one of my least favorite recoveries to do. This particular woman had jumped off of the Golden Gate about three weeks earlier. Good times.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
I'm confused and scared. What does this mean for us? Surely we'll be overrun by D&D now and vanquished like our hero brethren in Ferguson. Don't leave us Whip.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Oh P Barnes. P Barnes.

I am P Barnes. (Not I'm not.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Isn't that a standard for NYPD? I've seen far more pictures of NYPD coppers looking like a bag of assholes with their belt hanging loose like John Wayne, billowing cargo pockets stuffed with stuff, and uniform shirts faded, ripped up, and unbuttoned.

If I remember right it was explained as a cultural thing to not look like a rookie and a lack of funds to improve personal equipment. I may be totally wrong though.

• Locked thread