Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whale Cancer posted:

Ok, so they're like the UK version of the BART police. Except the BART police shoot black people in the back of the head execution style in the blackest of black cities *Oakland*

You mean Amtrak. :colbert:

So I guess they are pretty much worthless for real policing. :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

and around 30-50 cops per shift for a city of 150,000 people.

We'd kill for 30-50 on duty. We pushed our lowest limit I've ever seen the other night with just 9 patrol officers on duty for 350K. The admin deleted all concept of "minimum staffing" from our regs last year. It used to be like 25. If I hear one more complaint about those response times...

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Oh look gently caress the police comment stupidity. On the internet. I am shocked. Shocked.

Us vs. Online Commenters am I rite?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

TCD posted:

Pretty sure that's when you unfriend... or maybe hook up with because if she's that crazy she has to be good in bed.

She's an idiot, so she probably hates her father. If she hates her father, she'll probably ride your cock until it breaks.

Sex Ed. 101.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

GunForumMeme posted:

The first two sound like the names of North Atlantic fish species.

Greatest food brought to America was Pizza. Second greatest is anything Amish.

Mmmm sweet amish hotdish.

Edit You know, those hot amish girls on tv.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 10, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

How about them race riots in the sleepy midwest.

All because "Unarmed Man Shot By Police!"... After he tried to take a cops gun.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Wurzag posted:

Ah so is that what happened then? Can't say I'd paid the story much notice but assumed there was something more to it

As long as you have enough to feel justification to riot that's all that matters.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Yeah, and sometimes your drunk in public arrestee is so drunk the nurse at the jail refuses to let the person enter the facility and forces you to take them to the ER until their sober enough to be booked in to the jail. The nurses really hate dealing with dunks, but it's called a Drunk Tank for a reason.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

One of the first things issued to me at my old job after a sidearm was a body bag and a underwater drag line with hooks to find a body.

Protip - Don't die in saltwater near the beach. Crabs will eat your eyes. And I don't want to eat your eyeball juice crabs when I get my dozen. Thanks.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Who are our mods now?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=111426

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Remember this "moving image" from the protests yesterday?

This is what the front looked like:

Tattooed tits, purple hair, and sharpie FTP? Well now. :quagmire:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Obama Africanus posted:

Nah I don't pay for it, and I tip extremely poorly.

I was thinking that story ended with you seeing your long haired son for the first time in years. Guess not if you ain't tipping well.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Other than say off duty? Technically yes. See several cities in Washington that contract law enforcement with the local Sheriff's Office.

There are also a few private gated communities in VA that have private contract security that become special police with a commission, as always though they are usually complete poo poo lowest bidder.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

What the gently caress happened to ARE mod.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

But you haven't come out

of Canada

So that's his name? Hurry up and finish.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

All these people bitching about being arrested and not being read "MY RIGHTS" is hilarious.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Thesoldier posted:

My wife may be getting a Job offer from UVA making almost six figures. Is it hard to become a cop in VA?

It's not so bad, and you should be pretty competitive with your previous experience. You will probably have to go through an academy again though. Virginia does allow lateral transfers from out of state with a shorter academy but there is only like one or two agencies that ever do that, and they are not down there. UVA is in Charlottesville, which is an independent City surrounded by Albemarle County. If you do really start looking for cop jobs Albemarle County PD is pretty well regarded in the region. That said, the Charlottesville area is only about 45 minutes from the outer Richmond metro area and Henrico County PD and Chesterfield County PD, both large county police departments that would probably happily give you a job.

Your in for a culture shock.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

They have the same thing in Baltimore. Every year a bunch of them get in trouble for acting outside their "authority" and doing stuff like putting emergency lights on their 98 toyota corollas and running code to pick up kids or go to hair appointments.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

BLM Rangers are "real cops", just like National Park Service, Forest Service, Fish and Wildlife, etc. Federal law enforcement agency jurisdiction can get wonky in some areas and it can depend if an arrest is made on federal land with exclusive jurisdiction or concurrent jurisdiction or on state/county jurisdiction where the Rangers have authority granted by code or local jurisdictions, etc. etc. etc. Some places request that if a federal ranger arrests someone for local charges the local authorities process and book the arrest. While in other places (like here) most law enforcement rangers are granted statewide authority and they can arrest, process, book, and submit the charges all on their own without our help. That said most of them probably won't know the local process or have the ability to transport so we'll end up helping them out anyway.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I've been ice bucket challenged. Which I think is total bullshit because it makes me look like a heartless dick if I don't feel like participating even though I already personally donate a lot of money to various charities every year.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

Do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkO4NIqAMss&sns=em

I have a recurring donation set up to that school in Haiti that something awful had a fund drive for a few years back. I'm up over 1k in donations lifetime; I also donate to the local food bank every month.

I also dumped ice on my head because gently caress it why not.

Yeah I'm at like 2k a year to various charities and non profits... which isn't a huge amount but isn't always easy on a civil servant salary but you know what's another $100 you internet fad fuckers. I'm gonna give this one a shot ... :cheers:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Homie S posted:

I worked around BLM when I was in CBP, they were great. They seemed to have a decent amount of autonomy and were always helpful, and most importantly knew their way around the area extremely well, which was really important to us. I was in CA and I'm 99% sure they had authority to make arrests and cite persons, so they must have had some follow on training with the state. Seemed like they had it alright.

If only Whip was still here, he could talk about federal law enforcement rangers and what not. :ohdear:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I never understood those idiots. If you don't recognize law enforcements authority to arrest and charge you and you don't recognize the courts authority to administer justice over you then why even bother to show up for court?

Maybe its because most of these people crave less "sovereign freedom" and more "internet echo chamber stardom".

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

This is stupid. You guys can suck on a big fat cow cock.

Did I do it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

gently caress that teargas that bovine.

This is how we make pepper steak bitch!

• Locked thread