Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
All Americans either speak Boston or Texas American. Some are bilingual but it's pretty rare since their schools only go to grade 6 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

Or are they american enough that you don't count them?

Motherfucker I'll beat you to death with a canoe paddle

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
P.S. I'm sorry

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

If I hear one more complaint about those response times...

Don't worry, you will

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
gently caress that

Whip just post in the pig threads we can't lose you

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

literally the best thing to come out of Canada

Uh excuse me I'm right here

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mad Dragon posted:

Do they ever plead the fifth? :allears:

Yes. I have personally seen this in court. It's hilarious.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Yes you have to be read "your rights" but it isn't a "Miranda warning" which is a distinctly American term based on case law.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

deratomicdog posted:

I've always used 511s but never tried the 8" ones. Cheap, lightweight, and comfortable once they get broken in. They don't last terribly long though.

I also have 5.11 TacLites (side zip) and I love them. I've put three years on mine and I'll probably replace them next year with another pair of TacLites.

Smiling Jack posted:

You don't have to read someone their rights when they are arrested.

Up here, you do. It's a charter right - to be informed of the reason for your arrest and your right to contact counsel. And a few other things typically get read to you as well.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Tyro posted:

For duty boots I usually wear my 6" Red Wings though I had to get a pair of 8" boots also and went Danner for those.

I know the Danners are solid boots but those both sound heavy as gently caress. I love having light boots after getting out of the Army. The TacLites are so nice and nimble.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Tyro posted:

Nah my RWs are pretty light. You're right about the Danners though.

Light RedWings? Which ones? I'm intrigued.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

JiimyPopAli posted:

Protip: if someone says "I know my rights" at least 95% of the time they have no idea what they're talking about.

Goddamn that's a guarantee

These people also usually want to tell you about their mom/dad/aunt/stepbrother who is a lawyer/judge/police chief and how your career path will be changing once they get out of these drat handcuffs!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

iirc correctly you guys don't have to tell us what we're being arrested for either if the reason we are getting arrested is obvious i.e. you are caught breaking and entering. am i right on this one?

Eh, as I was taught you always say it. But it doesn't have to be "I'm arresting you for theft for stealing two chocolate bars of a total value less than $5000 from Shoppers Drug Mart of 11342 97th Street, in accordance with section 334(b) of the criminal code". It can just be "I'm arresting you for theft". I've had people tell me they'll get off in court because I didn't recite the section and subsection of the offence. Sure buddy :downs:.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Sounds like the best job ever. Piss off crazy militiatards and hippies?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Fuckin P Barnes for president

"God doesn't care about cameras. I do."

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've seen that video a million times, but it never gets old. I can skip right to the "and let the record show you just battered me and now you're using a ta..."

loving love it. That guy was a douche the whole day and I'm pretty sure all of the bailiffs wanted to do the same.

EDIT: Here's his 4 videos of the day so you can appreciate just how much bullshit the courts put up with for this guy. Watch all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDh-yzr_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5V2qBBxWRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3VprSRe5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0YotIQ8Ww

We have similar (less Freeman-ish but similar) guys up here

http://youtu.be/LGffwqE9WD0

If you have time to kill an you hate your life, check out the other videos in this guy's channel. He's insane.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Cow Joke

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You're a terrible rodeo clown.

but I'm a real cowboy

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Hezzy posted:

welp just got authorisation to take my sergeant's exam

cow pun edit; gonna cream my pants

While this sellout is selling out, I just got a verbal offer from HR for a plain clothes position

:getin:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Everyone knows the answer is always less uniform, not more

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

So, plaid shirt and jeans. Red Wings or shitkickers?

Hipster Cop 2: The Canadianing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

I just always picture you as your av, if we met and you didn't look just like I'd be wildly disappointed.

Just put a badge on that dude and its pretty much me in uniform

• Locked thread