Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
In their defense there is truly nothing sweeter in police work than making an arrest and shoving it off on another agency. It feels like christmas in july.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
we only shoot dogs, and only after the owner is handcuffed and face down on the ground like god intended.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
MOLON LABE OUR ENGLISH THEN LOBSTERBACKS.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
the forums are the only chance I get to interact with non brown foreigners, don't take the brits away.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
We are far enough from tourist destinations that nobody comes here accidentally, and theres nothing to do here but drink and smoke meth, so canadians generally stay away.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Hezzy posted:

Except they're not. It's an armed police unit being deployed to routine incidents because there aren't enough resources to handle them. This has been happening all over the country for years already.

Police budgets were cut by 20% over the last 4 years and there's talk of them being cut by another 20% over the next 4 years. That is not sustainable. Police are already operating at "minimum staffing levels". Levels which have already been warped and altered beyond their original intention.

Example: In my old police force in 2010, we had a minimum staffing level of 4 constables for the city centre and another 8 for the outlying areas. So 12 cops covering an entire city of 320,000. For comparison, in the busiest nightclub there were about 15 bouncers.

Each police officer was responsible for the safety of 26,000 people. This was before the budget cuts.

how can you possibly cover just the routine call load let alone emergency calls for a city that big and 12 cops? The biggest city in my state, sioux falls, has 230 sworn officers and around 30-50 cops per shift for a city of 150,000 people.

Branis fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 6, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
whip is already banging her, it is his wife that said it not his "friend".

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
we already had this debate and we all agreed lefse, lutefisk, and hotdish are the greatest foods ever brought to america by immigrants.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
i'm fairly certain beanieson is a sergeant or took the sergeants exam which is just as bad IMO.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
yeah right, IRS IT guy has nothing to do with email. TELL US ABOUT THE HARD DRIVES.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
police shot a black kid so lets loot nike stores and weave shops. I will show the police my displeaure at them by destroying the livelihood of my fellow community members.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
N4i is our mod now, GIP has become helldump and FYAD combined.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Did you get any extras or is that club not that kind of place?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
who the gently caress is ralp

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
im on facebook 24/7. Other than oppressing freedom loving cattle ranchers in nevada, what do BLM cops do? Is it a P sweet gig or what?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Big K of Justice posted:

I was eyeballing blm work myself, I have a few friends who serve in san Bernardino area.

generally it's fair bit of crossover with the same things national park rangers deal with. Understaffed and patrolling large swaths of territory.

My experience with california blm in the south has been:

- patrolling camping hunting and trails.
- managing events like desert racing (ie. King of the Hammers , etc)
-assessing trails, looking for illegal dumpers , etc.
-talking to the few ranchers , homesteaders etc looking for meth labs, and other stuff that pop up in the middle of nowhere.

Not clear on actual powers regarding arrest, its rare the one time I was present when blm had to arrest a guy for disorderly conduct, they had to wait 2 hours for the local sheriff to show up and take the guy in.

Seems like they go to FLETC so they must be real cops, I wonder if they just don't transport arrestees in that particular area.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I like how the bailiff knows his mom had to drive him there.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Hey Smiling jack, whats with this poo poo? NYPD doesn't believe in belt keepers or what?

Baton in the way of her gun, no belt keepers so she won't be able to draw her gun for poo poo. I'm fairly certain i'd get sent home to change if I showed up to work with my gear all hosed up like that.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

JayKay posted:

No antenna on radio, starch/iron marks on uniform. I'm guessing either not a cop or a recruit

I got it off NYPDs recruitment facebook page. The accompanying text was

Police Officer Jennifer Kielb joined the Department in July, 2006 and has been assigned to Manhattan's 7th Precinct ever since. Officer Kielb joined the NYPD due to her desire to interact with the community and help others in times of need. Over her eight year career, Police Officer Kielb has been recognized for her outstanding level of community service.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I love smiling jack. hes a good communist ally.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
it was comin right at me I had no choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
you just know that cows family is gonna have beef with all cops now.

• Locked thread