Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to Cape Town in September to run 42km. Have about 6 days there but that includes the run which will tire me out. Have been there before, visited Robben Island, Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope etc etc. and have been to South Africa many times (so a safari near CPT is a bit pointless after Krueger) so, might as well ask here: any suggestions on things to do? I'll be crippled up about half my stay because of the marathon.

Looking for cheap things, nightlife, things that have changed since 2007 (football stadium?), things to see with my parents who'll be there for half the time who've also been to SA many times. The running and my parents complicate my usual CouchSurfing plan, but I guess I'll stay in a hostel for most nights.

Also I'm flying into JNB, will probably book flights from there to CPT but any thoughts on taking the (cheaper) train instead?

Geriatric Pirate fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadclown posted:

Check out computicket.co.za for shows happening during your stay. Also check out long street in Cape Town for some awesome restaurants clubs and bars. Then there is also the V&A waterfront, but I assume you have been there.

Ah good call on Long St, didn't really go there properly last time but wanted to. Thanks.

• Locked thread