Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Baron La Croix posted:

No joking around. Metatron.

Yeeeeeessssssssss.....

Also, if this get's voted in you should totally replace his portrait with that of Metatron from the SMT series.

Either that or Alan Rickman from Dogma.

mauman fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Funny Enoch came in second, considering Enoch is just Metatron when he was a human.

At least if I recall my mythology correctly.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I thought Gaia ended on a high note (if a little bittersweet) though maybe I'm not remembering it that well.

Now Terranigma....

Good game...

but...

:negative:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Terranigma's ending is pretty true to the philosophy behind these games. For all of the Christian trappings in evidence (not so much in Terranigma itself I guess, but in the other games in the "series"), the actual religion is pretty different. I'm inclined to say that Terranigma's ending is not an unhappy ending, anyway. But it sure does tug at the heartstrings.

Not UNHAPPY?!

I felt a piece of my soul shatter as the credits played.

Excuse me....painful memories... :cry:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Out of curiosity, are you going to be lp'ing the other two games in the Gaia Trilogy? I would love to see your take on them (especially Terranigma).

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I just wanted to say thank you for this lp. I had lots of fun reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

ddegenha posted:

I'm glad to read that people enjoyed this. I hadn't actually thought about Illusion of Gaia or Terranigma, but I'm seriously considering it in the new year. I'll have to look into the games more, but I'm already thinking that Illusion of Gaia can work as a SSLP with video of the bosses, and I'd want to be consistently posting the music for it since I understand that's one of the high points.

:allears:

I'm sorry I don't have a New Years gift for you in return :saddowns:

SystemLogoff posted:

It looks like prayer and anime faces are bad, according to old nintendo of america. :v:

It's like before and after :guinness: (I'll let personal preference determine which is which).

• Locked thread