Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I can't hate Tito though. He somehow managed to jump on to the Tim Sylvia bandwagon of people too delusional and sad to hate.

I just feel sorry for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is MMA this hilarious/amazing even like half the time because if so I must follow it more closely. Holy poo poo :lol:.

We used to have a thread called something along the lines of "MMA fighters who are even more ridiculous than pro wrestling characters." It was a pretty long thread; a disproportionate number of the people involved in MMA in some capacity are completely loving nuts.

Also, between Tito-Rampage and Chael-Wanderlei the last year or so has definitely proven that MMA fights don't need to actually happen to be extremely entertaining.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Anime Reference posted:

a disproportionate number of the people involved in MMA in some capacity are completely loving nuts.

It's gotta be over 60% of all fighters are either retarded, criminal, psychopaths, cheaters, or anything else that leads to bad & funny behavior.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Anime Reference posted:

We used to have a thread called something along the lines of "MMA fighters who are even more ridiculous than pro wrestling characters."

Does anyone have a link to this? I'd really like to read it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Please don't feel bad for Tim Sylvia, he continually badgers for a contract with the UFC but he's like 320 pounds.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Speaking of which...This hasn't been posted in a while - Tim Sylvia on Blind Date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRNF_WN6iw

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Bubba Smith posted:

It's gotta be over 60% of all fighters are either retarded, criminal, psychopaths, cheaters, or anything else that leads to bad & funny behavior.

I feel like this figure is before you figure kickboxers into the equation.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

RZApublican posted:

Does anyone have a link to this? I'd really like to read it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386340

LvK posted:

I feel like this figure is before you figure kickboxers into the equation.

Kickboxing is, without exception, run by criminals. Sometimes the fighters themselves are also criminals, in the employ of the criminals who run kickboxing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

origami posted:

Speaking of which...This hasn't been posted in a while - Tim Sylvia on Blind Date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRNF_WN6iw

"I'm not looking for an alcoholic" she says THREE loving TIMES. loving :lol:. That was painfully awkward, but Tim seemed like a nice enough dude and I thought I heard rear end in a top hat stories about him so I'm slightly confused.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"I'm not looking for an alcoholic" she says THREE loving TIMES. loving :lol:. That was painfully awkward, but Tim seemed like a nice enough dude and I thought I heard rear end in a top hat stories about him so I'm slightly confused.

Joe Lauzon once told a story about how much of an rear end in a top hat Tim Sylvia is.

Joe Lauzon posted:

Tim is a dick. gently caress that guy.

My brother stepped up to fight Spencer Fisher at 18 yrs old and only 4 pro fights. He was the youngest UFC fighter ever... and stepping up on 2 weeks notice. Dan won the first 4 and a half minutes of the first round, taking Spencer down and working ground and pound... and then gassed. Spencer got up and TKO'd Dan.

After the fight, Tim bumps into my brother in the hotel and goes "hey nice 30 seconds" and then walks off laughing to himself. He was the champ at the time, and kicking the youngest and most inexperienced kid in the UFC who had just stepped up so his teammate would have an opponent.

There is a reason he catches so much heat... he is a douche and no one on his own team even likes him.

I'm sure there are many other stories of him being a douchebag when he was champ.

Also he is so fat now that the B-league he is fighting in next had to create a new weightclass for him.

slev fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 3, 2014

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Remember when Tito wore a DANA IS MY BITCH shirt to the UFC 84 weigh in?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ty1990 posted:

Remember when Tito wore a DANA IS MY BITCH shirt to the UFC 84 weigh in?

yes and i also remember when he subsequently wore a DANA IS MY HERO shirt because he needed money

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This + the general talk in the thread is making me want to go back and finish watching through all the Ultimate Fighters

In the meantime I am watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WqcCr17lq4

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

slev posted:

Joe Lauzon once told a story about how much of an rear end in a top hat Tim Sylvia is.

I'm sure there are many other stories of him being a douchebag when he was champ.

Also he is so fat now that the B-league he is fighting in next had to create a new weightclass for him.

MMA really might give prograps a run for its money in terms of being full of insane people, assholes, and scumbags. You guys weren't kidding. :stare:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Dangersim posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386340

Kickboxing is, without exception, run by criminals. Sometimes the fighters themselves are also criminals, in the employ of the criminals who run kickboxing.

Well, yeah. Without kickboxers, 60% is awfully low, by roughly 75%

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
pro wrestling has a lot of wrestlers who grew up fans and it's what they want to do. professional fighting is full of people incapable of not committing felonious assault on an annual basis

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maffew buildings posted:

pro wrestling has a lot of wrestlers who grew up fans and it's what they want to do. professional fighting is full of people incapable of not committing felonious assault on an annual basis

It's basically pulling from the same talent pool pro wrestling was until the aughts.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
professional fighting is pretty special in that a dude like Davey Richards is arguably not all that bad compared to a lot of those dudes. also, I hope Davey decides to be a legit shoot fighter then gets concussed at Wild Bill's Fight Night

who am I kidding his ego wouldn't allow him to fight on a regional show

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

professional fighting is pretty special in that a dude like Davey Richards is arguably not all that bad compared to a lot of those dudes. also, I hope Davey decides to be a legit shoot fighter then gets concussed at Wild Bill's Fight Night

who am I kidding his ego wouldn't allow him to fight on a regional show

they'll draw better than TNA house shows he works

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPmd-lPK07M&list=PL173A938042EC76C8&index=2

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

they'll draw better than TNA house shows he works

Can't wait to see what happens when he tries to hold up a promoter for more money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

MMA really might give prograps a run for its money in terms of being full of insane people, assholes, and scumbags. You guys weren't kidding. :stare:

You haven't even scratched the surface. Just wait until you find out about Oplot. Or the majesty of corruption that is an NSAC licensing hearing.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Aoki was a cop? Holy poo poo.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This loving thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

This loving thread.

Bring back the Wrestling scumbag thread and combine it with MMA.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

You haven't even scratched the surface. Just wait until you find out about Oplot. Or the majesty of corruption that is an NSAC licensing hearing.

Oplot owned, shame about the whole roving torture gang thing

Gonzo McFee posted:

Bring back the Wrestling scumbag thread and combine it with MMA.

please dont that thread was awful, i dont want to read goon histrionics about adultery or weed smoking again

the wrassle man said a bad word time to post 50 times about it

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Yuriy posted:

please dont that thread was awful, i dont want to read goon histrionics about adultery or weed smoking again

It would be good to bring back that thread so the guy with the John Cena account here can post more about how CM Punk was mean to him after he tried to make Punk's Subway sandwich tastier and better by skimping on vegetables

A Keg fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 4, 2014

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

That thread is really bad and I am glad it is no longer aroumnd

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
"[x] is crazy" threads are better because putting two grades of nutso next to each other is a lot easier and more fun than arguing whether or not being kind of greedy and vulgar compares to being a literal murderer

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Who remembers when Tito was irate when Ken Shamrock weighed in at 206 and was screaming at Dana White that Ken was overweight (even though there was a 1 pound allowance) and then when Tito weighed in he was 206.5 and it took him like 3 tries and 2 hours to get down to 206?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yuriy posted:

For the first half or so, that thread was the best on the board. Reading about wrestlers and MMA fighters being assholes is a good time.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
ya but going from "snuka literally killed a dude" to "wrestler x may or may not have banged someone that wasn't his wife" is pretty ridic

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Did Tito once say something like "The troops are over there, fighting for the freedom of democracy, and I'm here, fighting for the freedom of MMA?"
My introduction to Tito was at UFC 84, where Machida, despite being Lyoto Machida, and thus lovely, still managed to get me to realise what a squash match this was going to be.
"People say this is the biggest fight of my life." *tired sigh* "I'm ready."
He then proceeded to pick Tito apart.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I wish Scott Steiner was in TNA at the time Tito made his return, those would have been good promos.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Kurohashi posted:

To add more detail to the exacerbation after that, former-champion Tito still had value to the UFC in drawing since he was winning (barely) his subsequent fights and lucked into easy main event money against an old Ken Shamrock. When it was looking clear he won't touch the belt again after a second beatdown from Chuck and a sad draw with Rashad, Dana made sure he ended his UFC tenure with a bad fight (that ended up being pretty cool) against undefeated Machida to send him off to Affliction or whatever other bad org willing to go bankrupt with him.

Tito tried to make huge money deals for his services with Affliction, but that failed when they went belly up and he made up with Dana to come back to the UFC. The timing is interesting because UFC was enjoying huge success with Brock and GSP drawing big and dominating the PPV gross year over year along with competitors dying embarrassingly. Anyway, Tito comes back and loses to Forrest while making sad excuses. He then signed up to do a TUF season against Chuck while pulling out of the fight with him mid-season. So he got removed from TUF mid-season (lol) then took a fight against former pupil Hamill to which he got embarrassingly beat. Despite being a loser and whiner, he took shots at Dana here and there while bitching about how he's not making the same money as Mayweather.

He had a hilarious win with his back to the wall when he beat Bader and then tried to ride that resurgence hype to the moon, but got beat like a prelim fighter against Rashad in the next UFC event to resume his losing streak until he was finally let go again by the UFC. He still seems to think he's worth insane amounts of money despite being a huge main event liability (eg. pulling out of Bellator PPV fight).
Don't forget Tito becoming Cyborg's 'manager' and advising her to not sign with the UFC who were offering (relatively) big money for her to compete in Invicta while she cut to 135, which lead to her getting paid (comparative) peanuts to get beat up in a Z-league kickboxing match outside a gift shop on the Vegas strip.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ogantai posted:

Don't forget Tito becoming Cyborg's 'manager' and advising her to not sign with the UFC who were offering (relatively) big money for her to compete in Invicta while she cut to 135, which lead to her getting paid (comparative) peanuts to get beat up in a Z-league kickboxing match outside a gift shop on the Vegas strip.

Good even ladies in gennelman, :ortiz:

This is physically imposstible

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ogantai posted:

Joanna Baars ain't no joke. She has skillets for hands. Iron ones.

That was Tito's fuckup for oking that match. And then Cyborg's for thinking she could stand and trade with that beast.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I know English is her second language so maybe the subtleties of just how loving dumb Tito is were lost on her, but as an MMA fighter she had to be aware of which way the wind was blowing and that being managed by somebody that the biggest game in town openly mocks wasn't a good idea, so her disappearance into obscurity these past few years lies partly in her hands, and her hands are as solidly around her as possibly

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Ogantai posted:

That definitely needed to be noted in this thread since it's a more recent Tito'ism. I was just talking about his bad relationship with the UFC/Dana and the Cyborg thing wasn't that big of a deal to it. It's not like Tito cockblocked the signing of Gina or something. Gina, while not a fighter for many years, has been in the mainstream media and that would definitely contribute huge especially at this possible apex of Ronda's popularity. Cyborg was nothing more than an interesting fight for WMMA fans and not a big deal that it didn't happen. Ronda crushing lesser opponents is worth just as much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyKOWWMXoQ

• Locked thread