Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

krispykremessuck posted:

the fat games forum mod leaked the forum to the offsite to get abe demodded and blamed it on whip as whip was a known associate of rrail

This is loving stupid enough to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The funniest leak I saw was Ozma admitting to giving Fire a new account after the meltdown he had in the Bradley Manning thread. She hates him too, but felt sorry for him.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Larry Parrish posted:

It'd be pretty funny if we had more than one Command Post dork in GiP.

I guess it is funny then.

But yeah, you're clearance is probably safe, enjoy the weekend for me, I'm stuck working.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Kuroyama posted:

I guess it is funny then.

But yeah, you're clearance is probably safe, enjoy the weekend for me, I'm stuck working.

I spent my first 4 years in the AF working in the Command Post at Barksdale and I didn't kill myself.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Two posts up:

hahahahahahaha

Larry Parrish posted:

Thanks. And I will.

The only thing I can think of is if it's some weird PRP-eqsue "certification" for CP folks that you're referring to as opposed to a no bullshit clearance. The rules for something like that could possibly be different (they'll suspend your PRP temporarily for taking OTC cold meds lol). I have no idea if such a thing even exists but if that's the case the rules might be different and I would look into it further.

But yeah, if you're talking about a no bullshit security clearance, regardless of whether it's Secret, TS, or SCI/SAP/whatever access, you're being lied to.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a sq/cc even have the authority to pull a clearance?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Stupid air force question what does cc stand for?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Does a sq/cc even have the authority to pull a clearance?

No.

Like Shim said he can do various admin type things that can de facto restrict your ability to access classified, but he can't unilaterally formally pull a clearance.

Flikken posted:

Commander.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

"iyaayas01" posted:

Commander.

Seriously that's it?

I always figured the second c meant something else.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's a bunch of theories (mostly stupid) about where most of those acronyms come from. Probably the one that makes the most sense to me is that it's derivative of Company Commander from the USAAF days. I think the only one that actually makes sense is DO: Director of Operations. Vice Commander is CV, naturally.

Edit: Christian Crusader

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Godholio posted:

Christian Crusader

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Flikken posted:

commanding commander?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iyaayas01 posted:

The only thing I can think of is if it's some weird PRP-eqsue "certification" for CP folks that you're referring to as opposed to a no bullshit clearance. The rules for something like that could possibly be different (they'll suspend your PRP temporarily for taking OTC cold meds lol). I have no idea if such a thing even exists but if that's the case the rules might be different and I would look into it further.

But yeah, if you're talking about a no bullshit security clearance, regardless of whether it's Secret, TS, or SCI/SAP/whatever access, you're being lied to.

We do have a ~~extra-special~~ certification, but it's not PRP-like at all. And it's handled by my operational chain, not the administrative one.

Like I said it's just what the SQ superintendent says, so as far as anyone knows it's BS. But they'll probably start the paperwork on Tuesday, since it's apparently what Mental Health suggested.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

There's a bunch of theories (mostly stupid) about where most of those acronyms come from. Probably the one that makes the most sense to me is that it's derivative of Company Commander from the USAAF days. I think the only one that actually makes sense is DO: Director of Operations. Vice Commander is CV, naturally.

Edit: Christian Crusader

I went from Army Guard to Air Force Reserve for a bit, and I still never understood half of the lingo. That and apparently you spelled Hooah, Huah, for reasons?

My personal opinion is the Air Force is just trying to be different.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's definitely a thing, and is the whole reason the current ABU camo exists.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

tuluk posted:

commanding commander?

Cuck Commander

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cock Consumer

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So apparently Air Force-wide, less than 25% of pilots are taking the bonus to reup. Of those who are taking it, MORE THAN HALF are at the Pentagon. :stare:

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Godholio posted:

So apparently Air Force-wide, less than 25% of pilots are taking the bonus to reup. Of those who are taking it, MORE THAN HALF are at the Pentagon. :stare:

good

personally, there is no way I would take the bonus unless 1) my short tour countdown was reset and 2) I already knew what my assignment was going to be for the next few years

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Is job selection for the reserves different than active duty or do you still just go to MEPs with your little list and you get whatever is available from the base in your area and wait for something to drop?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sasgrillo posted:

Is job selection for the reserves different than active duty or do you still just go to MEPs with your little list and you get whatever is available from the base in your area and wait for something to drop?

From what I understand, you go to the reserve unit and they have some jobs that are open. You pick one then you are in the reserve. You then wait for a slot to open up to go to basic and go to the tech school for that job. Once you're in tech school they rush you through as fast as possible because the reserve has to pay you a bunch of money since that's your job pretty much. Meanwhile the active duty people are stuck waiting for maybe weeks at a time to get a slot in school.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Cojawfee posted:

From what I understand, you go to the reserve unit and they have some jobs that are open. You pick one then you are in the reserve. You then wait for a slot to open up to go to basic and go to the tech school for that job. Once you're in tech school they rush you through as fast as possible because the reserve has to pay you a bunch of money since that's your job pretty much. Meanwhile the active duty people are stuck waiting for maybe weeks at a time to get a slot in school.

Pretty much that. You have to go direct to the unit and get them to buy off on having you fill a slot for a given AFSC. After that you'll do the same pipeline as AD (MEPS -> BMT -> tech school), but yeah they rush you through tech school as quickly as possible because the Reserve unit has to pay for you to be on orders that whole time.

This basic arrangement applies (with a few minor differences) regardless of whether you're traditional, AGR, or ART. Same general process applies to the Guard as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
September is out of the scope of my contract. Sorry bros.

• Locked thread