Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
In other hilarious news, the Padres have scored the most runs in MLB since the All-Star break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ColdBlooded posted:

I hate the DBacks for a different reason - winning 90 games in 2007 with a negative run differential :argh:

I find the hate for them here kind of hilarious to be honest

I am from Arizona and want to like them. They're just an awful organization.

2001 was magical though. :allears:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

ColdBlooded posted:

In other hilarious news, the Padres have scored the most runs in MLB since the All-Star break.

What the

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Fact: Both the Yankees and Cardinals own, and 2001 never happened.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

theacox posted:

You guys all seem to have a lot of hate. Calm the gently caress down for once. The only teams it is always appropriate to hate are the Yankees and Cardinals. And I mean, seriously, gently caress the Cardinals.

Red Sox too.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cards rule this is fact haters begone

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
As a devout Giants fan the only team I truly hate is the Dodgers.

And the Yankees, because gently caress the Yankees.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

As a devout Giants fan the only team I truly hate is the Dodgers.

And the Yankees, because gently caress the Yankees.

Angels, man... Angels.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate all teams equally. Except the Expos. Come back, we miss you! :canada::france:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress the Angels, except Mike Trout. No matter how many times he destroys my team he's pretty dreamy.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
I would rather cheer for the Cubs, knowing that they will never ever win a World Series again because they told some guy with a goat to gently caress off, than unironically become a Cards fan.

Well, maybe if Nelly threw the first pitch for every Cards game. That Nelly guy.. he represents the city big time.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I've always felt that having a reptile name for a team is unbaseballey. Mammals or birds, in some cases fishes, but not reptiles. Ok, maybe insects as I've prayed all my life for a revival of the Spiders. But reptiles? gently caress the Dbacks. Reptiles don't play baseball.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diamondbacks need to change their name to Snakes and go back to sweet sexy teal and purple pinstripes.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Scob posted:

If it was the pirates getting called out on interference yall would be going nuts, there was nothing wrong with that play. The second baseman should have thrown the ball over the runner instead of trying to "make him get down". You guys hate arizona and thats fine but come on.

I don't think anyone here would be arguing that a Pirates player who intentionally blocked a throw shouldn't be called out, and the fact you don't seem to have seen the play makes your criticism seem silly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So which one of you is the Mets fan trolling Hunter Pence with homemade signs?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Mornacale posted:

I don't think anyone here would be arguing that a Pirates player who intentionally blocked a throw shouldn't be called out, and the fact you don't seem to have seen the play makes your criticism seem silly.

I did see the play and guess what guys throw their arms up going into second base every game, and the runner was in the baseline and able to reach the base so get over it you big baby, and yes there would be people bitching.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Thats a lot of anger at a situation you made up.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Scob posted:

I did see the play and guess what guys throw their arms up going into second base every game, and the runner was in the baseline and able to reach the base so get over it you big baby, and yes there would be people bitching.

Okay, then since you did see the play maybe you could explain how you would suggest that Nix "throw over him", given that Nix already steps out of the way of the runner and Ahmed chooses to swerve toward him and throw his arm up? Or what "make him get down" means in the context where a runner is sliding but actively puts his arm up in the path of the ball?

Also I'm sorry that it makes you angry that people get upset when their team is literally cheated out of a baseball game.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mornacale posted:

Also I'm sorry that it makes you angry that people get upset when their team is literally cheated out of a baseball game.

I'd get angry, and then I'd realize that it's a private for-profit corporation staffed by people who do not know about me and would not care about me if they knew, and then I'd go back to not caring about "my" team.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Senf posted:

The Curse of Cespedes is Real.

The A's actually had a sub-.500 record when he was out of the lineup while he was with the team :tinfoil:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It'd be really sad if the A's don't make the playoffs because of their trades.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
It was some serious Angel Pagan poo poo, too, 29-45 without him since the start of 2012.

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 4, 2014

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

tatankatonk posted:

I'd get angry, and then I'd realize that it's a private for-profit corporation staffed by people who do not know about me and would not care about me if they knew, and then I'd go back to not caring about "my" team.

You're posting in the online sports forum making fun of people who care about sports?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Dutchy posted:

The A's actually had a sub-.500 record when he was out of the lineup while he was with the team :tinfoil:

I am aware :( And with Coco injured now, too?

:ohdear:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senf posted:

I am aware :( And with Coco injured now, too?

:ohdear:

Trade. Trade more players. Trade them all.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mornacale posted:

You're posting in the online sports forum making fun of people who care about sports?

I care about sports! I don't care when the baseball team I like loses one more regular season game, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Rand alPaul posted:

It'd be really sad if the A's don't make the playoffs because of their trades.

It would rule

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

tatankatonk posted:

I care about sports! I don't care when the baseball team I like loses one more regular season game, though.

In fairness, the baseball team you like could likely lose several more games and still win its division.

Unlike the pirates, who if they make the playoffs, will do so by the skin of their teeth. Even more so if mccutchen misses time.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I just think it's funny this happened because josh harrison keeps getting away with avoiding tags by running way out of the basepath

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

That's way more entertaining though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Twins went back to back to back yesterday which is cool but the reason I'm mentioning it is because the second dinger was Oswaldo Arcia clearing the seats and bombs are awesome.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v35075431/must-c-classic-twins-go-back-to-back-to-back

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress everyone in my division and gently caress the Mets.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
N: Cutch is undergoing evaluation on his lower spine today.

V: :rip: Pittsburgh Pirates 2014 Season

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Tony Phillips posted:

If at first you don't succeed...

Tried to get this made for a friend at zazzle.com and got a rejection for copyright violation.

Cafepress gave no crap at all.

I need this shirt in the worst kind of way

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Josh Harrison will just start hitting two homers each game instead of one

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Maybe this will make MLB put fines/suspensions in place for pitchers who intentionally hit people and for the managers who order it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Maybe this will make MLB put fines/suspensions in place for pitchers who intentionally hit people and for the managers who order it.

lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

That goes without saying.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
[sighing intensifies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Maybe they should start executing pitchers who throw at batters on purpose. That might work.

• Locked thread