Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Ah yes the dreaded good guy cop serial killer.

An unconventional role.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

:(

That sucks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

To be fair Kumba isn't in the spellchecker either.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Why are you called derp and spacebutt anyway?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that guy is a sarcastic rear end.

I like this one.

:rant:

He is very upset.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

It's only usually done for very big games with highly complex rules, in my experience, but whatever. We're here now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I don't know what that means.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

##vote PM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Also I am super confused about this game.

Obviously let's kill capps because go away arsonist and also secondarily because I will never turn down the opportunity to kill capps. But is cpig also lying about capps going to tearshed or did we figure out how he could see that? I need to read the roles again.

##vote capps

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Oh also that's -1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

I say dear fellows, it appears to be some stagnation in our pool of mafia. Lets say we gather up some chaps to reinvigorate our deception game.

capps stop making me want to keep you when you're just going to light us all on fire.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

oh god i am still kicking myself for that, i mean gordon gecko was in the op
it was really clever to claim ralph later, since micheal douglas stars in that movie and all, good move

It was the tie that threw me off.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah goodness I don't even know you because I am a "new" player and I don't think anyone even really considers me new anymore.

From what little I've seen of you though, you're a dick.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hi, so I'm finally getting back to this game, since I missed the entirety of Day 3. I also find this game incredibly confusing, it's my first sorta role madness game and I'm finding it hard to know what to make of things.

So I'm an investigator, which honestly hasn't really been giving me definite results and is a little annoying.

Here are my investigations:
N1: Crazyeyes - Owns a knife
N2: Goodness - Owns a gun
N3: derp - I was roleblocked

I investigated crazyeyes because I didn't like this post he made D1

Crazyeyes posted:

If you think I'm gloaty now, just you wait til later :chord:

Day 2 I got the information on crazyeyes but couldn't be sure if he was a doctor or an SK (since the bodyguard was dead), so I wasn't going to out him. The single death had me pretty sure he was a doctor though. Then when capps died I knew he was the doctor so obviously I wasn't going to out him.

Night 2 I investigated goodness because he was being a total jerk.

Day 3 took a total of 3 hours and I was busy with Awful Survivor stuff and missed it entirely, but again this could mean that goodness was scum or that he was the vig, so it's hard to know whether to announce that either. It looks like he's scum though since Jam has claimed vig.

##vote goodness

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

##vote Asiina

Derp is verified by Opop through absorber. Magres is verified by Opop through absorber.

No disruption counter claims at this point, Opop has to be telling the truth.

Also Asiina's claim looks to be built purely from flips.

Only one of those people has flipped? As for the stuff with Opop, I have no idea because I just know what I get from my results.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm totally telling the truth guys.

For reals.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Maybe poopanal is a lying liar.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hey Rascyc

Hey

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

:ghost: thank god I'm free of this living hell :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Asiina was lynched. He was the Godfather.

Night whatever-it-is. Send me your PMs to use your abilities.

She.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yay!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I really wonder if more experienced scum could have pulled this off or if it was inevitable.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Everyone being able to confirm everyone else's role made this basically impossible for us to do anything. Even if people didn't mass claim on D1, it was always, always going to come down to claims by the end game and who didn't have a verified claim.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I suppose I'll post the Scumdoc but basically as I've said to Met that having a list of possible roles isn't necessarily bad but knowing exactly how many of each role is what screwed us.

Also an absorber which could verify which role was active in each slot was a huge issue since it left no room for counterclaiming.

I had forgotten about Opop's cop, but I didn't want to directly 1v1 counterclaim derp since unless you guys believed me and killed him and then killed me and then goodness counterclaimed vig and you guys killed Jam before him then that's the only way we could have pulled this off and it just wasn't going to happen.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Pretty much town would have had to have been asleep at the wheel for us to win this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

That's usually how I've seen it done, is they decide on a particular person and that person can either use their ability or go do the kill.

I think a lightning rod/absorber isn't necessarily a bad role, there just have to be restrictions on it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah but they can choose a different person each time if they want.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Brutal Doctor :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

lol that's the spirit.