Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I just had a look at Zach Bogosian's contract and what the flying gently caress is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Anders posted:

We could talk about how Jennifer Wakefield got signed to a 3. division Swedish mens club?

That's cool. What's the list of current women players in a men's division? There is the Fin Goalie Noora Raty I know of. Is that all?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

eXXon posted:

I just had a look at Zach Bogosian's contract and what the flying gently caress is that?

22 year old playing 23 minutes a night in his 4th NHL season and scoring at a good rate (close to .5 PPG). Banking on not having the injury issues he's had and that the improvement was real.

He had a really bad year.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Germany has solved the OT problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGas4YWRHs

Bigger nets, no stick, a strange oversized puck that appears to be inflated somehow.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

eXXon posted:

A 24 year old, top 3 kind of guy, close to a career 30 point pace and his contract bought 4 UFA years. What's the problem?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

New Canucks thirds leaked on /r/hockey:

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

A Typical Goon posted:

A 24 year old, top 3 kind of guy, close to a career 30 point pace and his contract bought 4 UFA years. What's the problem?

he's no brooks orpik

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

DOOMocrat posted:

No gradient, no buy.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

xzzy posted:

Bigger nets, no stick, a strange oversized puck that appears to be inflated somehow.

Not just bigger nets, but two nets per team. I think we found our solution.

e: also, mandatory stoppage for somersaults so that both teams tire out. I like this.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 4, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

DOOMocrat posted:

better than the millionaires jersey

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

xzzy posted:

this looks incredible

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

We did this at practice for a while until the inevitable happened and someone got kicked in the back of the leg.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Teeter posted:

Not just bigger nets, but two nets per team. I think we found our solution.

e: also, mandatory stoppage for somersaults so that both teams tire out. I like this.

My interpretation is that the goal was the space between the two hockey goals.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

quote:

HartnettHockey: Alabama hates the Canucks. http://t.co/VCWcTdMIar

And, because you will ask, that is Wyoming that apparently hates Ottawa.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i like how the bruins are randomly hated around the united states.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
What did Vancouver ever do to upset Alabama?

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

some of those states probably only have like 2 fans total so their powers are great at skewing polls

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Jordan7hm posted:

I can't even find an article about it or anything by googling. And her wiki isn't updated with it. Weird. When Wickenheiser signed with a Finnish team there was a fair bit of news about it.

I only found Norwegian and Swedish articles about it, and google translate is horrible.

Also, zuccarello practiced with VIF, one of the biggest Norwegian clubs today, and on the end of it they played strip shootout. Zuccarello scored on his first attempt, but two of their players and to take the last shot with only skates on.

NWS pics inside (pixelated penises): http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2014/08/04/sport/ishockey/hockey/valerenga/strippestraffer/34632094/

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

evenworse username posted:

"Roll Tide...and also, gently caress Vancouver"

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Hand Knit posted:

Texas hating the Ducks seems weird. Not knowing who Hawaii and Alaska hate is a big oversight by the dope that made that thing.

evenworse username posted:

The Sedins aren't conjoined.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Anders posted:

I only found Norwegian and Swedish articles about it, and google translate is horrible.

Also, zuccarello practiced with VIF, one of the biggest Norwegian clubs today, and on the end of it they played strip shootout. Zuccarello scored on his first attempt, but two of their players and to take the last shot with only skates on.

NWS pics inside (pixelated penises): http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2014/08/04/sport/ishockey/hockey/valerenga/strippestraffer/34632094/

This is how the NHL should do it in games.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anders posted:

Um, they had hockey socks on too :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Toronto not being the most hated in Michigan makes me sad and I really hope that changes soon.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Toronto not being the most hated in Michigan makes me sad and I really hope that changes soon.

Nuts to you, nutbag. Toronto's the least most-hated-by-Americans-but-still-frequently-hated Canadian team in the league, and that's certainly possibly noteworthy.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Did anyone add the continents one?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't know why but I am laughing really hard at Africa's feelings about the Jets

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:lol: what the hell did the Jets do to the entire continent of Africa?

eXXon posted:

Nuts to you, nutbag. Toronto's the least most-hated-by-Americans-but-still-frequently-hated Canadian team in the league, and that's certainly possibly noteworthy.

It's not even "hate" anymore. More along the lines of "pity".

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 4, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

quote is not edit

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Is the red in Kentucky and Tennessee for the Wings or the Hawks?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Anders posted:

:stare: That sure is a thing. A thing-a-ling.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Naet posted:

Looks like it's for the Hawks. The reds match better.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Naet posted:

Hawks. Predators are not fond.

I'm calling shenanigans. Chicago hates Detroit more than St. Louis, they are the great enemy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

onemillionzombies posted:

Hawks. Predators are not fond.

I'm calling shenanigans. Chicago hates Detroit more than St. Louis, they are the great enemy.

The second best rivalry in sports is kind of... gone now the Detroit is in the East. Im actually sad that I had to find a new team to hate, since no one can fill that black void quite like the Red Wings.

gently caress the Blues though.

e: I still cant figure out why Africa hates Winnipeg but gently caress if it isnt funny.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Africa hates the Jets because they're still wearing all of the leftover merchandise from when they moved.

Either that or they were big Atlanta fans.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is probably some dumb reddit poll and it's not africa who hates the Jets, it's like five Canadian expats who live in Capetown and hate the Jets.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hand Knit posted:

I agree. gently caress the blues. Also someone tell me what Handzus avatar I must have. I need it soon.

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Little Joe? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Furnaceface posted:

The second best rivalry in sports is kind of... gone now the Detroit is in the East. Im actually sad that I had to find a new team to hate, since no one can fill that black void quite like the Red Wings.

gently caress the Blues though.

e: I still cant figure out why Africa hates Winnipeg but gently caress if it isnt funny.

As funny as this is it was just a poll of reddit users so I'm not sure how representative it is of anything. The Africa thing was probably because one dude replied.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Martytoof posted:

This is probably some dumb reddit poll and it's not africa who hates the Jets, it's like five Canadian expats who live in Capetown and hate the Jets.

But gently caress the Jets really.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Love that everyone hates the bruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fateo McMurray posted:

Love that everyone hates the bruins
I love that the Carolina's hate the Penguins, I bet its because they have to deal with the Yinzers coming over every Summer.

PA should be split though, its only fair :colbert:

• Locked thread