Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: Curse of Strahd
System: D&D 5e
Format: Discord (+Roll20 for combats). Text-based game.
Players: 3-5
Description: Nothing particularly special, just the published module with some edited content to spice things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Game: Shadowrun (via Savage Worlds)
System: Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition.
Formate: Roll20 for combat and text chat, Discord for organization/discussion
Players: Already have 4, looking for 1-2 more
Description: A high-action pink mohawk shadowrun game.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Drowns the Sky
System: homebrew
Format: PbP or live (text) on my discord server (link will be valid for 24 hours - ask me if you need a new one)
Players: 3-5, including me
Description: We’re space colonists on an alien world. The End is coming. We can’t stop it, but we can choose what we remember, how we’re remembered, and what we do with these final days or hours.

Drowns the Sky is a short 1-page map-game played with coinflips, originally an entry into an SA game design contest back in 2014, and I’m finally getting around to playtesting it (so I can build a better, more developed version of the game).

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game: The 4th Hoard of the Dragon Queen
System: 4th Edition DnD (conversion of 5th edition adventure).
Format: My Discord voice+ Fantasy Grounds (free licenses can join. No purchase necessary)
Players: 4 more (1 currently confirmed)
Time: https://a.chronus.eu/18E0A48 session 0. It will be run hopefully 2 times per month on this day and time as scheduling allows. Some flexibility will be needed as my work is shifts.
Description: As per the blurb; "In an audacious bid for power the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerun. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate."

If you've played my games you know my table rules. If you haven't, feel free to PM me for details. Important up front stuff: LBGQT+ friendly - ~zero~ tolerance for any bigoted bullshit. I expect to be held to the same standard. I swear a lot, though slurs are not acceptable. If these rules are too hard for you, don't apply.
Game specific rules to be discussed in session 0.

RP/Combat mix usually 40/60 realistically, though I aim to encourage and allow as much RP as possible, and bend the rules to fit the game, not the other way around.

:siren:I do record my games and put em on Youtube as A) that's my note taking, and B) memories are hard to remember, so videos help. If you don't want your voice to be on an obscure never-watched-youtube (I make no money from this) then welp. :siren:

The campaign will span 1-30, and will be my conversion of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat from 5th edition to 4th Edition DnD.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: Red Hand of Doom
System: Fate Freeport Companion.
Format: Play by Post
Players: Looking for 4
Description: looking to run RHOD, a 3.5 adventure, in fate for players who haven’t read or played it before.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: Dead Weight
System: Hârnmaster Gold
Format: Play by Discord
Players: Looking for 3 more Full of players, spectators welcome!
Description:

quote:

The last things you remember are the bag being pulled over your head as you walked the dark streets of Golotha, and then the beating, pummeling you quickly into unconsciousness. You wake, groggy and with a blinding headache, to the sounds of the sea: wind in the rigging, the cry of a sea bird, the slap of the waves against the hull. Blearily opening your eyes, you squint at the harsh dawn light, finding out you're tied to the mast of some kind of sea vessel, and you're definitely not in Golotha any more. The crew--half a dozen rough-looking men--call to each other in gutteral Rethemi.

This is a game set in Hârn, using the Hârnmaster Gold rules. (If you have the Hârnmaster 3 rules from Columbia, they're pretty close.) You do not need the rules to play, it's a fairly simple percentile system at heart, and I'll explain the combat bits as needed.

It'll be via async Discord (meaning it's closer to PbP). Spectators are welcome!

Server: https://discord.gg/5ZHfhQD

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 8, 2019

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Game: In for a penny, in for a pound...
System: Blades in the Dark
Format: PbP/Discord
Players: 4-6
Description: Open-ended game of crime fiction where the players take on the role of a crew of scoundrels in the dark industrial fantasy city of Doskvol, recovering from a cataclysmic past that shattered the sun and plunged the world into endless twilight. Starting from the streets with little to their name other than their wits and cunning, you will have the opportunity to carve a permanent place in the Underworld, or perhaps realize greater ambitions beyond.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Game: Chariot of the Gods
System: Alien RPG (pre-release)
Format: TBD, most likely through Discord as text or audio.
Description:

quote:

You are working stiff stationed on the starfreighter USCSS Montero, an independent charter vessel running “the Gauntlet”— the trade route between the thriving Anchorpoint Space Station and the "Frontier" of systems both colonized and uncharted. Your ship’s cargo hold is packed with dozens of tanks of rare and valuable Helium-3 gas fuel. The Montero's operation runs on a shoestring budget, and so you do not enjoy the use of tanker modules separate from the ship itself. The tanks sit in the cargo bay while you sleep.

You are to deliver this fuel to a Weyland-Yutani corporate account on Sutter, a newly established Frontier colony. Aside from the occasional external sensor glitch, all systems were green during the pickup run, and you entered hypersleep for the ride back.

Stiff and groggy, you awake in your cramped cryosleep pod. You're ready to get this job done and get paid. And so you rise for your first breakfast in months.

I will be providing copies of the quickstart to players - For this quickstart module, you'll have your pick of prefab characters.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
See https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654812&pagenumber=36#post498710016

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 29, 2019

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Welcome to Hell
System: GURPS
Format: Discord

The end times have come and Satan has been given dominion over the earth. The only problem is no one told him about modern technology. After a long and difficult war, Satan lies dead and Hell has been liberated. You play as damned souls in the newly free Hell, trying to make sense of your newfound unlife. PM me for more details or an invite. I will be providing the rulebooks if you need them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: All Hail the God of the Machine
System: Only War
Players: 4-7
Description:

Only War game played from a Skitarii(ish) perspective and taking place in the Dark Imperium. Orks literally nuked your homeworld into rock chunks, so you're traveling the stars trying to help other Mechanicus forces. Renforcements are going to be sketch. But hey, you got integrated weapons and an Ark Mechanicus, so there is that.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Fate of Legends
System: D&D 4e [Epic Tier]
Players: 1 (non-leader)
Description:
A group of evil deities have stolen the Tomes of Fate, casting all of the other deities to Toril in mortal form. The players have been tasked with retrieving and reuniting the Tomes in order to restore order to the cosmos.

This campaign has been going on for over two years with a couple breaks, one of which we are just coming off of. So far the PCs have defeated Asmodeus and slain Bane, and are in Amn to confront Cyric. More information is in the recruit thread linked above, and the game thread is linked from there.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 22, 2019

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: My Phoenix Academia
System: Masks
Description:
I wanted to run a My Hero Academia game and have always wanted to try Masks so I’ve finally bought it and decided to try and run. Hope for lots of teenage superhero angst/fun.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: No real limit, though for now 12 is probably a good max. (We currently have 6.)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders! In longer terms, we're a mix of Star Trek "simming" (in writing style), political drama (a la "West Wing", in that we don't just explore foreign policy, we explore domestic policy to a degree, and the personal existences of our main characters, the heads of government), wargame (this on more of a "pinch of salt" level), and sometimes technothriller. (Proportions vary and the mix is very much a shifting one over time.)

Other stuff to note:Countries taken are listed on the how to join page at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a PM. They (should!) ping my email, so I get back to em pretty quick. If you don't have PMs, never fear. Send an email to wargms2@gmail.com and one of us (the two co-GMs) will do our best to respond as soon as possible once we see it.

Countries currently taken as of right now are the US, Israel, Italy, Spain, Mainland China, and Germany. The UK is pencilled in for a player who's drawing up their character and so forth. We would really like a player for Russia (somewhat urgently), France, or Canada.

Edit 9/9/19: We have a player pencilled in for the UK. Still would really like a Russia or France (or Canada).

Spacewolf fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 8, 2019

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Game: The Broken Gods of Elsewhere
System: CYOA/"God"game
Format: PbP
Players: 5+ players per age, spectators can affect the game and increase their chance of getting in next age.
Description: From DogKisser the artist behind Fragile Gods of Somewhere and Break Down That Gate!, and written by the guy with no real credits to his name comes the spiritual successor/sequel/shameless rip off (delete as appropriate) to the Fragile Gods, the Broken Gods of Elsewhere.

In the crucible of the ocean, we forge new gods.

---

Calling all participants old and new!

The summer long experimental CYOA section is over, the Second Age of The Broken Gods of Elsewhere approaches and I am reaching out for both new blood and people who vacated during the intermission to rejoin the game.

Wait what happened?

Remember those elements that got a lot of votes when we first made the continent of This Way but didn't make it? We made another continent out of them.

Behold That Way, the second half of Elsewhere long thought erased from existence, formed of Chitin, Glass, Gold, Slime and Steam and filled with entirely new never before seen people, the unsuspecting populace of That Way has no idea of the kind of trouble they are in right now as a result of an unfortunate incident set in motion by her sister continent. As we are ramping up to the beginning of a new age on a brand new continent now is the perfect time to rejoin. I am intending to lock down the top five rolls and begin the new age sometime next week, so get your rolls in as soon as you can!

I don't know what you are talking about I didn't join the first time around

The quick summary is, The Gods are dead. They've been dead for a very long time and if they weren't quite dead enough the last recorded God who was a horrifically powerful amalgamation of 20+ Gods wiped out almost the entirety of the old Elsewhere in an attempt to incarnate into a physical form to escape its approaching death. From the ruins of Old World new People have emerged to build a new civilization on top of the bones of the old one, but at the turn of the Century a new kind of being began to emerge from amongst the populace, not quite Gods but certainly not all the way Mortal.

The Chosen, Inheritors of The Broken Gods' power and also who you will play as in this game.

How do I play?

If you become a Chosen, you will have almost free reign to do as you please in the world at large, start a religion, slay a great creature, invent a steampunk mecha suit (that happened!). All that you need to do is roll a d20 to determine the affect and effectiveness of your action, but be forewarned as you may have free reign on your actions but your actions will still have consequences, especially if you roll badly. Should the dice be with you your Chosen will be able to make it to the end of the age and grow in power as time moves forward, returning for further ages as long as they don't die.

If you don't become a Chosen you may participate as a Wisp instead. Up-vote your favourites to ensure their rolls succeed, down-vote your unfavourites to see that they eat dirt, every vote you make increases your chances of becoming a Chosen the next age so it's always worth your time to vote.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 30, 2019

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Game: Let's make a myth!
System: Spire hack for godgames
Players: Player pool is uncapped, single sessions will be for 3 to 5 players.
Description: A test of a new system for godgames, made of smaller sessions that will go on to create a bigger narrative.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GAME: Here There LARP Dragons!

Setting: Eberron
System: 13th Age
Players: 4-5
Format: PBP/Discord

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: Happy Valley
System: Monsterhearts 1e
Players: 4
Description: The town of Happy Valley, Ohio is in decline and denial. But living in this lovely small town are teenage monsters - and who knows what will happen?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Game: Galactic Overlord
System: A Godgame in the style of Molyneux and other tried and true styles of "godgame".
Players: Looking for 6-8 players.
Description: Returning to the roots of godgaming. No need for hacked systems or trying to force this. Simplified mechanics, just make your race and ruler, pick your Flagship or Mothership then add flavor.
Full custom galaxy:

Additional: If there are any questions feel free to reach out via forum PM. Or join the link to the godgame discord: https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF (Where most of the GMs and other godgame players from SA hang about)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 5, 2019

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

GAME NOW FULL!
Game: Die in the Depths
System: Forum-optimized homebrew
Players: 3-12

DIE IN THE DEPTHS is a homebrew forum-based RPG with some tactical elements and a heavy roguelike influence.
Indulge in hardcore grid-based dungeon crawling and exploration; Explore, fight, loot, escape with your life, (ideally) and repeat.

If you are a fan of: Coop, Dungeon diving, Pixel art, Light strategy, Dark vengeance, Classless leveling systems, Inescapable death, Randomized loot, Horrifying curses,
Subterranean exploration, and/or living armor that corrupts your body while subverting your will with whispers of power, there is a decent chance you may like this game.

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 11, 2019

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: AFTER KAIJU
System: After Kaiju (playtest)
Players: 3-5 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: A rules-light cinematic storygame about a kaiju attack, the stories people tell in the aftermath, and the impact they have on the world - and the fractalic spread of stories inspiring stories inspiring stories with the rise of each new generation.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Game: Yellow Sands and Yellow Suns
System: PDQ SmallGods
Players: 6-8?
Description:
Do you like Dune? Rimworld? An endless expanse of sand and misery? Then come right in. It's a smallgods game set on a desolate desert world where you are a crashlanded survivor of a Space Accident which may or may not have given you divine powers. Hopefully you'll find out. Welcome to my first attempt at running one of these things.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Game: The West Marches
System: 5e DND
Players: 3-infinite
Description: Check out the OP, but the west marches is a style of play with an ever shifting cycle of players and characters who can choose to adventure with one another at any time. Play a single treck into the wilderness as a one shot and then never play again, or make a guy to visit one area, and another guy to go see another. Few rules, just right.

Recruitment is ongoing!

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 28, 2019

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Game: Wilds of Wyvernesse
System: Torchbearer [Thread] [Review]
Format: Roll20 and Discord
Schedule: Mondays 7pm PST
Players: Looking for 2 more!

For one reason or another, you found yourself aboard a ship bound for the small coastal kingdom of Wyvernesse, resting on the northern edge of the known world. Superstition runs deep among the locals, as the frontier is a land of goblins, faeries, dragons, trolls, dwarves, giants, and the undead. Restless spirits and tormented ghosts haunt ancient ruins and hidden coves while sea zombies crawl across rocky shores in search of the living. Crumbled castles and keeps hold untold treasure and ancient passages, sealed off for millennia, remain shrouded in mystery.

quote:

Torchbearer is a riff on the early model of fantasy roleplaying games. In it, you take on the role of a fortune-seeking adventurer. To earn that fortune, you must delve into forlorn ruins, brave terrible monsters and retrieve forgotten treasures. This game is about exploration and survival.

Tomorrow is our seventh session - the party has just returned from their first successful foray into the wilderness, but two players are dropping due to real life issues. We use a custom layout in Roll20 that makes the game run much smoother:

Players new to Torchbearer are welcome, I've included introductory materials in Discord and Roll20.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 30, 2019

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Clash of Cultures: Civilizations] Untitled Gaius Game
System: Light 4x Board Game
Format: PBP
Players: 4
Description: Clash of Cultures is a relatively light and relatively fast 4x board game, and its expansion is hard enough to find that this is the only way I get to play it. Come be one of a handful of ancient civilizations with a bunch of tasks to complete and a lot of barbarians to squash underfoot.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Game: Mega Man Mafia 3
System: Mafia
Format: PBP, with mandatory Discord participation
Players: 21 - one more needed
Description: Have you ever played Mafia before? No? Then I don't suggest playing this, as it's definitely not a normal setup. On the other hand, the very first RPG system I ever tried was RIFTS, and I turned out okay!

edit: this game is full but you should spectate it

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 17, 2019

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: No real limit, though for now 12 is probably a good max. (We currently have 8.)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders! In longer terms, we're a mix of Star Trek "simming" (in writing style), political drama (a la "West Wing", in that we don't just explore foreign policy, we explore domestic policy to a degree, and the personal existences of our main characters, the heads of government), wargame (this on more of a "pinch of salt" level), and sometimes technothriller. (Proportions vary and the mix is very much a shifting one over time.) As our banner at the top of the website puts it, "Be the player, not the pawn".

Other stuff to note:Countries taken are listed on our (brand new, still working the kinks out) website at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up, which happens over at this page. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a PM. They ping my email so I get back to em pretty quick. If you don't have PMs, never fear. Drop us a line at our contact form here and one of us (the three co-GMs) will do our best to respond as soon as possible.

Countries currently taken as of right now are the US, Israel, Italy, Mainland China, Germany, France, the UK, and Canada. We would really like a player for Japan, or Spain, but any country not taken is up to be at least considered.

Wasn't sure if I should have posted again, but we had a ton of changes since our last ad here. Mods, let me know if it's not cool.

Spacewolf fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 16, 2019

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Game: Calling of the Gods
System: PDQ
Format: PBP
Players: 6-9
Description: Godgame, but with a twist! Player domains are the defacto laws of that force; so players get to change the rules of fire as a concept etc, with a focus on watching mortal cultures cheer for joy or curse your name!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Game: The Great Instrument
System: The Great Instrument (don't worry, it's free and just 11 pages)
Players: 4-6 or so
Description: The great instrument is a game about great heroes who defeat demonic hordes and reclaim their world from them, eventually reactivating The Great Instrument and recreating the world. It's a weird-fantasy thing, with a ten-thousand-armed magic mech, enlightened warriors and sorcerer-princes, song-engineers who sing to the mech and use its powers, poet-smiths who write magic poems into their strange equipment. K6BD is a major, major inspiration. I'm not saying that there's an entire archetype just for pretending to be Maya "murder the gods and topple their thrones" ten Meti.
The system doesn't really have an analog I'm aware of, but its focus is on the flow of battle, going through phases where you do glorious combat while the demons seek to trick you with evil demonic trickery. The whole thing is all of 11 pages, so it's easy to get into even if you dislike learning big new systems.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Game: In this way I become THE DICTATOR
System: It's a commercial board game, it's its own very simple thing (I described the entirety of the rules in about 500 words in the OP)
Format: Kinda like Mafia meets Survivor meets Resistance. Discussion will be in-thread, and some simultaneous/private actions will be submitted to me. Ideally via Discord, but I can take PMs
Players: 6-10, currently planning 8
Description: Honestly not sure what to say. There will be some weird politicking with continuously shifting win-cons and alliances. It's a bit weird.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Lager posted:

Game: Exiles - Visiting the Farthest Corners of the Multiverse
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Description: Something, or someone, is destroying realities before their time. You will play a group of interdimensional orphans plucked from the moment of your death - Exiles - thrown together by a mysterious stranger to fix what has been broken, and to save your realities. Visit strange new worlds and repair the damage to the multiverse as you try to figure out who has been tampering with the fabric of reality - besides yourselves, of course! Uses the MHR system, but will not be set in the traditional Marvel universe.

So this game got split into two teams due to various events, and one of the teams is looking for two new recruits to fill out the ranks. One would be taking over an existing character until it becomes plot-logical to switch characters if you choose, the other is an open spot. If anyone is interested in either of these openings, let me know. Thread for the game with the openings is: [Marvel Heroic] Weapon X - Just a Job to Do.

Character that is available is Spiral, a six-armed mutant revolutionary. Characters available for the open spot includes anyone and everyone ever published in a Marvel comic or crossover media. Up to and including Jughead, Dorothy Gale, David Letterman, Eminem, and Billy Ray Cyrus. The current mission for the team is that they've been sent to assassinate some interdimensional rebels and pirates led by Captain James Tiberius Hook. I have PMs if anyone wants to reach out for more information.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Campaign Name: The New Clone Wars Adventures
System: EotE/AoR/F&D
GM: @Covok
Platform: Discord, Obsidian Portal (maybe?), Roll20
Frequency: Weekly, Sunday
Time: 7pm - 10pm EST
Player Slots: 2/6
Co-GM required (see below)

A serial episodic campagin set in the Prequel trilogy.

The game will use troupe play. Players will make 3 characters: one in Edge, one in Age, and one in Force. Players will swap between their characters from session to session. This will allow us to tell a variety of stories in this time of galatic unrest. To be clear, you do not swap characters between players. You all just have 3 characters to swap between per session.

Duty will be used, not Obligation.

Jedi will also have Morality.

Players will use Knight play.

All official sourcebooks allowed.

Important Note: I am a tax accountant. From Feburary to April 15th, I will work 55+ hour weeks and work 6 days a week. I may not be able to run consistently or potentially at all during this peroid. For the game to work, I will need a Co-GM to take over when needed. Without that, I don't feel confident starting the campaign.

Lastly, some ground rules
-No racism
-No sexism
-No homophobia
-No transphobia
-No bigotry, basically
-No sex
-No rape
-Respect each other
-Don't be THAT GUY(TM)
-No Rise of Skywalker spoilers

If you're interested, DM me on discord at Covok#8950. I don't have anything setup yet.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

quote:

A lonely golem.
A fated disaster.
A friend in the ground.
An invaluable ruin.
A pile of goblins.
An internet of things.
A terribly, terribly hungry cat.
A grieving pizza parlour.
A pair of playlists.
A scrapheap of misfits.
A forest of hunger.
Alone together.
Game: Let's Play some 200-word RPG Challenge finalists
System: several, see recruit thread OP
Format: PbP and/or discord (live text) depending on the game
Players: some are 2-player, most can run with 3-4, 3-5, or 3-6
Description: Short RPGs with short runtimes that made it to the finals of the 2019 200-word RPG Challenge, including my own game. I'm looking to play any or all of this selection of 12 out of the 40 finalists.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Game: Shadows of the Dark Side
System: 7th Sea 2e hack
Players: 6
Description:

quote:

Shortly after the Battle of Endor, Leia Organa brought the Galactic Civil War to a formal close by claiming the Imperial Throne. In the one and a half years since, she has worked closely with Chancellor Mon Mothma, easing the galaxy back from a total war footing and preparing to restore the Senate. Her brother, Luke Skywalker, has finally managed to steal enough time away from guarding his sister against assassination attempts to begin identifying, recruiting, and training agents for the Order Inquisitive, which is absolutely not a front for reviving the still-proscribed Jedi Order.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

You suddenly exist in a forest that wants to harm you. Adapt and overcome.

Inspired by (ripped-off of) Microbe, Selection is meant to be a quick game of iteration and response to threats. Very easy to play, as the first person to respond makes a choice of adaptation and guesses a card. The degree to which it matches the card drawn by the GM defines its effectiveness and guides the narrative. This also limits the game to 52 updates, of which we've gone through 4 at this point and gone from this to this:

...it hasn't been exactly smooth. Maybe you'll make better Selections?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Game: Dudes(and Dudettes) Doing A Deep Dungeon Dive
System: 2nd Edition AD&D, with minor houserules
Format: IRC
Players: 3 to 5
Session Frequency: 4-hour weekly sessions, day TBD, time likely approx. 8pm CET. Both are up for negotiation as I find out what prospective players can swing, however.
Description: A relatively low-plot, high-dungeoneering game intended to all be set within one multi-level dungeon, focusing on eventually reaching the bottom. There will be a focus on logistics(i.e. we'll actually be tracking encumbrance and rations consumption) and turning a profit off of what you discover. Low plot doesn't mean there won't be any and there will be plenty of opportunities for roleplaying stuff besides how hard your mace mashes an orc's brain. The game world will likely be Mystara or some other where I can easily slot in a large city and the local metaphysics don't alter any classes or mechanics, in other words: it will only matter insofar as it changes the background descriptions slightly.

Characters will be starting at 1st level, but early advancement will likely be rapid. The houserules are primarily about giving players some more gear-fluff freedom and making the early game for arcane casters a bit less of an unfun experience.

If interested, feel free to PM me on here or contact me on Discord at PurpleXVI#3509

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I've added 3 more 200-word RPGs to the thread here - one's a game of weird eldritch comedy horror(?) called The boys are back in town, one's a game of dice-stacking/wizard-tower-building where we write the histories of the wizards who live there called Manus artificis in caelis: WIZARD EDITION, and one's a coin-based story-telling game about the life and times of a family pet called Building the Rainbow Bridge.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Game: Oh Gods!
System: PBTA Hack
Format: PbP with Discord
Description: The old gods are gone. A new age begins. Play as powerful beings. Help your followers' Civilization prosper or collapse.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Game: Unscheduled Stop
System: PBTA Black Stars Rise
Format: PbP with Discord
Players: 3
Description:

quote:

November, 2002. The overnight express bus from Denver to Grand Junction, CO, deep in the Rockies, is almost empty. Most of the eight passengers had room to stay clear of one another initially. But something has changed. It's just before midnight, and the bus has pulled off of I-70 in the deep mountains somewhere beyond Vail pass and the ski towns. They have parked for gas at a truck stop.

It has been almost forty minutes since the driver walked into the station; the passengers are getting anxious, maybe nervous. Some get up from their seats to peer out the bus windows.

All the lights of the truck stop go out at once. It is suddenly very quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Game: Awful Big Brother 3
System: Forum Reality Game
Format: Discord and forum thread
Players: 14
Description: In the grand tradition of Awful Survivor and Awful Genius, I'm running a third rendition of Awful Big Brother. Much like reality show it's named after, this is a social competitive game with a variety of challenges and an expectation of much backstabbing. Game will start in January and will take place over approximately 6 weeks. Expected to be quite time consuming once you get into it, but that's part of the appeal. More details and application form in the thread.