Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Game: Winter Broken
System: Monsterhearts 1
Format: PbP
Players: 4-5
Description: Come celebrate the holidays by spending your winter break eating people in front of a warm fire at Northwestern New York Academy for the Gifted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Fallout: London Calling
System: GURPS
Format: PbP over discord
Players: i need 3 more
Description: Visit post-nuclear London! Scavenge! Fight in a civil war! Meet Biggles!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Game: BOO! A Ghostly Haunting Game!

System: A unique one of my own division involving rolling dice that upgrade on certain thresholds.

Format: PBP on SA.

Players: As many as I can handle! Realistically, the most I'll accept is 15-20 people.

Description: Play as ghosts in a New England mansion and scare off party-goers with powers based on how you died, called "Fetters"!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909016

Junpei fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 4, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: The Fallen City
System: Burned Over (A hack of Apocalypse World by the original creators)
Players: 4
Description: When the world ended, a city barely managed to survive. Although it's seen by those unfortunate enough to live outside as an oasis, there may be darker things dwelling within. What will you make of this world?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Game: Godbound
System: PDQ with some addition.
Players: Looking for 6-8 players.
Description: A Smallgods game with progression. The Dark Lord won, the gods lost. After a dark age of monsters, you have been born and will take back your birthright!

Additional: If there are any questions feel free to reach out via forum PM. Or join the link to the godgame discord: https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Paradise Falls
System: Monsterhearts 2E
Players: 4-6
Description: Come be terrible teenage monsters in a "perfect" town...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Mansions of Madness 2e] Old One Folks Home
System: Cooperative Board Game
Format: PBP (with offscreen app)
Description: Mansions of Madness 2e is a smaller-scale version of the Arkham and Eldritch Horror games, focusing on a specific story - like investigating Innsmouth, or rooting through an old mansion trying to figure out how the bad guy is planning to open a portal to horrible creatures. It's significantly simpler to learn than the other games, with a lot of the administration handed off to an accompanying app. With that tracking monsters and events for you, it leaves room for some twists and tricks that aren't possible otherwise, and the tighter scale means things feel a bit more coherent than similar games.

This is a bit of an experiment to see how well working off an app goes.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: The Quiet Year: Seasons Unknown II
System: The Quiet Year
Players: 3-4 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

Note: This game is a minor variation of the original rules, but not one to worry about if you haven’t played before. In the original game you draw from a deck of playing cards to create random events and choices that the community faces; this version just has more cards, to boost the replayability of the game.

LastLeigh
Jan 19, 2020

Just smart enough to get into trouble.
Game: "Echoes of Ettenmark"
System: Band of Blades
Format: Discord Voice & Roll20
Players: 3-5
Description: Dark Military Fantasy where you play human mercenaries in a (semi-)organized retreat from the undead to a military fortress protecting a strategically crucial mountain pass. If the dead reach it first, everyone is doomed - if you can reach the pass, you have to hold it until winter sets in.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Game: Die in the Depths
Format: PbP (updates daily Mon-Fri)
System: Forum-optimized homebrew, rules in OP.
Players: 3 to 24 --- 5 slots remain! ---

DIE IN THE DEPTHS is a homebrew forum-based RPG with some tactical elements and a heavy roguelike influence.
Indulge in hardcore grid-based dungeon crawling and exploration; Explore, fight, loot, escape with your life, (ideally) and repeat.

If you are a fan of: Coop, Dungeon diving, Pixel art, Light strategy, Dark vengeance, Classless leveling systems, Inescapable death, Randomized loot, Horrifying curses,
Subterranean exploration, and/or living artifacts that corrupt your body while subverting your will with whispers of power, there is a decent chance you may like this game.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
This is a crosspost from the Choose-Your-Own CYOA Thread, but as this particular PbP forums game plays a lot like an online board game, I think it's also a suitable thread to advertise it in:

Lux Animus posted:

The amazing Bee Bonk has been running a roguelike CYOA called Wrecking Crew for the last few years, and now she's taking a break from the sci-fi world of Wrecking Crew to run an online fantasy board game called:

SYMWYRM

It updates three times a week and has wonderful and silly art.

The current dragon roster has already been chosen but more eggs can be produced for more players in the future! Until then, all non-dragon players get to vote on 'Rogue Elements' once every weekend to affect the dragons' world.

Here's this weekend's Event vote, for example:

Please feel free to join in on the chaos fun and add your vote to the pile! :smaug:

Half a year ago I made this post, advertising the wonderfully enjoyable Play by Post Multi-CYOA Board Game SYMWYRM.

Here's some artwork I made for it over the holidays:

Well I just want to let you all know that some of the starting dragons have reached maturity, and they are now capable of creating Eggs for other new players to hatch from!

That's right - it's hatchling season in SYMWYRM! - sign up today to become the next new dragons on the block!

The game has Open Enrollment - currently there are 19 dragons in play!

SYMWYRM - run by the talented SA user Bee Bonk - updates 3 times a week for active players, and the inactive players, dragons-in-waiting, and spectators get something to vote on once per weekend.

Come and check it out and join the Discord[ if you're interested and have any questions! :dbuddy:

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

Game: It Be Like That
Format: Discord Voice and Roll20
System: D&D 5e
Players: 1-2 more

We're a DM--me--and two players looking to fill out our 5-8:30 AM Central Friday morning game. It's supposed to say AM yeah. Some folks have weird schedules and/or australian citizenship.

It's a pretty standard fantasy swords and sorcery kind of game. I run two other games and all three are connected, in the same Faerun, happening concurrently. Stuff players do in one game can affect the other games, it's neat, we like it, you might like it too. This game's currently in the midst of a spooky shadowy swampy jaunt to thwart an evil queen. Friend me on discord at Comforthawk#1764 if you wanna dungeon some dragons and that time suits you, tia

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Game: Dark Heresy Abyssal Gambit
Format: Discord Voice and Roll20
System: Dark Heresy 2e
Time: Saturdays 8pm EST
Players: 1-2 More
Description: A wave of what once happened long ago washes over the Ashtvalt Sector. But the Imperium notices not, as they are reeling from the end of the Damocles Crusade against the advanced Tau and the Incursions of the ravenous Tyranids. Will you be able to stand up to the waking tide of unknowable horrors? Or will you fall to the mysterious enemies from below the depths?

If you're interested in joining this cavalcade of madness contact me on discord at Blackunknown#4781

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: I Want To Run A Game For You
Format: Discord Voice and Roll20/Fantasy Grounds
System: ???
Time: Not Monday or Tuesday, PST
Players: ???
Description: I Want To Run A Game For You, no really. I've got some free time coming up in March and I would like exposure to more systems/people (I'm looking into pro GMing in the Los Angeles area as a sideline). So if you have a group that wants to do something new or just want to take a break GMing for 4-6 sessions, get in touch. I'm down for almost literally anything that isn't OSR (longtime allergy, I'm on medication to keep it from flaring up).

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Food Chain Magnate + Ketchup] The Whopper
System: Board Game
Format: PBP
Players: 6
Description: Flood the neighbourhood with demand for your boutique burgers, only to realize that you didn't produce enough and now your opponent's undercutting you with his dollar burgers sold out of a truck and WHY DOES EVERYONE SUDDENLY WANT PIZZA gently caress

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Game: Road to the Ocean
System: Lasers & Feelings with a lick of paint over it
Format: Mostly asynchronous Discord
Players: We'll see
Description: The first Five-Year Plan had been launched and it's up to ordinary people like you to fulfill Lenin's dream of bringing the gift of electrification to the entire country!

No secret goblins here, just an earnest attempt to translate the soviet production genre into a modern RPG experience. Chill times & character moments abound.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 18, 2020

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
Game: Let's make rat kebabs, a GLOG hack

System: [url="http://riseupcomus.blogspot.com/2020/02/glog-rat-kebab-edition.html"]GLOG: rat kebab edition

Format: Discord VC with Roll20 for maps and dice

Players: Looking for 3-5

Description: This system looks interesting and I want to test it out and see if it works with something simple before committing to a larger-scale campaign. The whole thing focuses on cooking monsters and eating well in a dungeon, so character advancement is based on the stuff you cook, characters become weaker if they haven't eaten in a while, etc.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

noether posted:

Game: Let's make rat kebabs, a GLOG hack

System: [url="http://riseupcomus.blogspot.com/2020/02/glog-rat-kebab-edition.html"]GLOG: rat kebab edition

Format: Discord VC with Roll20 for maps and dice

Players: Looking for 3-5

Description: This system looks interesting and I want to test it out and see if it works with something simple before committing to a larger-scale campaign. The whole thing focuses on cooking monsters and eating well in a dungeon, so character advancement is based on the stuff you cook, characters become weaker if they haven't eaten in a while, etc.

If you aren't in it already you should hang out in what's basically the unofficial GLOG discord at https://discord.gg/6vqF25E

lots of talk about that hack there

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Arivia posted:

If you aren't in it already you should hang out in what's basically the unofficial GLOG discord at https://discord.gg/6vqF25E

lots of talk about that hack there

Thanks! I will definitely check that out :D

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Game: Shadybrook You City
System: Monsterhearts, 2nd Edition
Format: Play-by-Post, with Discord integration
Players: 4-6
Description: The college looms tall and half-full over the town. And across the way, the high school that funnels students like you into upper education. But what do you really want?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Game: The Goon Pendragon Campaign
System: Pendragon, 5th Edition
Format: Currently thinking Play by Post with Discord Integration, might switch entirely to Discord.
Description: Stop the Saxon invasion and pave the way for a golden age of chivalry as knights under the reigns of King Uther and King Arthur Pendragon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Game: World War Solid
System: Chronicles of Darkness: Deviant, Mortals
Format: PbP via Discord.
Players: 3-4, possibly a couple more
Description: Metal Gear Solid inspired TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION as you infiltrate Nazi Europe as a squad of super powered commandos to stop a Nazi superweapon!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Game: London Calling
System: Monster of the Week
Description: You wot mate? Hunting monsters in the Uk in 1987? You havin' a giraffe? Bloody hell, what a bunch of wankers. I'll have your mum.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
This is also a crosspost from the Choose Your Own CYOA thread -- I assume that's okay? I've seen a lot of other CYOAs advertise here.

Game: [CYOA]Spiral
Players: As many as you wish!
System: CYOA
Description: Get embroiled into the politics of a city in a low-fantasy age-of-discovery style setting.

E: Fixed that hyperlink. what the hell.

Whybird fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 21, 2020

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Mansions of Madness 2e] House Arrest On The Hill
System: Cooperative Board Game
Format: PBP (with offscreen app)
Description: Mansions of Madness 2e is a smaller-scale version of the Arkham and Eldritch Horror games, focusing on a specific story - like investigating Innsmouth, or rooting through an old mansion trying to figure out how the bad guy is planning to open a portal to horrible creatures. It's significantly simpler to learn than the other games, with a lot of the administration handed off to an accompanying app. With that tracking monsters and events for you, it leaves room for some twists and tricks that aren't possible otherwise, and the tighter scale means things feel a bit more coherent than similar games.

The first thread was a 'shorter' and less involved adventure - this is a significantly harder and larger one.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Fall into Legend
System: Apotheosis
Players: looking for 4 total, including me, but I could go with 2-5 total
Description: Stories are not immutable. Legends are not fixed in time and space. They change in the telling and re-telling, winding around obstacles and voids like the roots and branches of a tree, accommodating the changing ways of the people who tell them. This is a game about telling the dominant myth of a society, and exploring how it changes across the generations.

This game is similar to Microscope, in that it’s a GMless game where you add and change details of a story, but in this case it’s a legend growing, splitting, and decaying over time rather than a record of history.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Interest Check

Game: Modern survival horror Zombie apocalypse hexcrawl exploration type game with a demonic invasion.
System: Palladium's Dead Reign or GURPS if pressed.
Format: Discord Text in PST. Synchronous or Asynchronous play.
Players: Minimum three.
Description: I'm thinking of running a modern survival horror Zombie apocalypse type game with a demonic invasion thrown in because Doom Eternal. The system I'm considering is Palladium (Dead Reign) because while the system is broken the high lethality nature of the survival horror hexcrawl means that broken stats really won't save you anyways. I'm considering using google maps and NYC or LA as the hexcrawl terrain. Many random tables for loot/enemies/terrain will be used. Let me know if this sounds interesting.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 28, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Game: BOO! A Ghostly Haunting Game!

System: A unique one of my own division involving rolling dice that upgrade on certain thresholds.

Format: PBP on SA.

Players: There was about 10 people to start, but some people left or are MIA, so I'm asking for some youngbloods to join in! You need to answer 4 questions and give your character a name. The first 3 questions are in the, and the 4th comes at one of the updates later.

Description: Play as ghosts in a New England mansion and scare off party-goers with powers based on how you died, called "Fetters"!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Helical Nightmares posted:

Interest Check

Game: Modern survival horror Zombie apocalypse hexcrawl exploration type game with a demonic invasion.
System: Palladium's Dead Reign or GURPS if pressed.
Format: Discord Text in PST. Synchronous or Asynchronous play.
Players: Minimum three.
Description: I'm thinking of running a modern survival horror Zombie apocalypse type game with a demonic invasion thrown in because Doom Eternal. The system I'm considering is Palladium (Dead Reign) because while the system is broken the high lethality nature of the survival horror hexcrawl means that broken stats really won't save you anyways. I'm considering using google maps and NYC or LA as the hexcrawl terrain. Many random tables for loot/enemies/terrain will be used. Let me know if this sounds interesting.

Interest, check'd (posting here because I don't have PMs)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Game: Diplomacy
System: Conspiracy (Sadly, the app only works on Android devices)
Format: Asynchronous play via the Conspiracy app. Chat in the game thread in the Let's Play Subforum.
Players: Minimum seven
Description: Hey, TG! I am going do a Let's Play of Diplomacy. I am looking to recruit players into the game. Unfortunately, many people in the LP subforum are already aware of the devious backstabbing cruelty inherent in a round of Diplomacy, so they are opting to watch rather than play. I'm up to six players, so we are one short of a Classic Europe map. HOWEVER, if there's sufficient interest, the Conspiracy app supports maps of up to 11 or 12 players.

LP Thread info here:

(Click the bomb!)

We're stuck inside due to the Covid-19 quarantine. Anyone up for a multiplayer game of Diplomacy? Thread is currently recruiting players. Once we start a game running, I will LP the experience for the subforum. Take bets on who will win! There will be forum prizes...

Update: We've got a crew of seven and are starting the game. Come join the thread and shitpost about Diplomacy or take bets and which country will br miserably crushed next!

Sally fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 29, 2020

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Game: Shadow of the Crusades
System: Vampire the Dark Ages, V20 edition
Format: Discord Text in PST. Synchronous play.
Players: Two more. Four total
Description: It is the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ 1189. Two years ago the brilliant sultan Saladin captured Jerusalem and set the Crusaders to rout. Diplomacy and Holy Zeal has triumphed in the West, bringing King Henry II and King Philip II to bury their grudges and look once again to the Holy Land for conquest.
The Shadows of the Third Crusade wax long. You are Vampires in Italy or Germany and while the undead scheme at night, they cannot resist the growing tides of mortal zealotry. Great change is coming to your land as armies muster and march forth. Will you rise to the call of battle, or be buried under history’s machinations?

What type of character are you interested in playing and what times are you available?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Game: Social Distancing Mafia
System: Mafia
Format: PbP with Discord for communication with Mod
Players: 9
Description: An open setup game of mafia being run in GBS. If you've never played mafia before but always wanted to give it a shot, this is the perfect opportunity!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: When I Arrived at the Castle - A Game of Mafia
System: Mafia
Format: Play by post with a lil' Discord
Players: 15
Description: A spooky social deduction game! You try to solve the mystery of who among your group are secretly evil, while everyone else shouts at you.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: In the Deep of Night
System: Mongoose Traveller 2e
Format: Play by Discord w/VTT support
Description:

Game will be exploration-focused though all characters can work; I will be running the Deepnight Revelation campaign, which involves a 10-year journey in-game. Third Imperium seeing but there won't be much in the Imperium itself beyond the initial bits.

Discord: N/A

All full! Thanks!

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 7, 2020

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Game: The Lost Keep of Karaz Zand
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying, 4th Edition
Format: Roll20 with voice chat, EST evenings

Description:
Like most people, I'm stuck at home so I'd like to learn something new. As such, I'm learning how to GM using Roll20 and learning the 4th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. Full disclosure, this will be my first time running a game online or playing WHFP, so expect some growing pains and technical issues. The adventure will be set in the rough, lawless lands of the Border Princes as a group of adventurers arrive at the "Free City" of Zandelver. The mayor has barricaded himself in the townmaster's hall, a group of thugs with a mysterious leader are threatening outsiders, and even a dragon has been spotted in the region. Could they all be related to a trio of dwarves searching for their long lost hold, Karaz Zand?

Either way, if you play your cards right, you might end up being a Border Prince yourself!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Game: The Shadow War
System: PDQ with houserules
Format: Play by Post
Players: 6-10

Pledge yourself or otherwise found yourself the pawn of a strange and powerful being hiding in the shadows. It has given you a gift, and now you must fight in a shadow war between ancient and new beings hiding in the shadow that use humans as proxies where they cannot act. Win the war in the shadows so the war in the light may begin.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Game: [CYOA] The Time of Magic
Players: As many as show up to vote
System: CYOA
Description: A high fantasy, heavy magic CYOA. Play as a wizard. Master powers that let you shatter reality. Visit impossible cities made of gold and populated by djinni. Fight ancient guardians protecting treasures beyond your imagination. Try not to get killed when your city burns down.

Game is just starting and early votes will do a lot to determine the direction of the game.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Game: Things That Go Bond In The Night
Players: 3-6
System: Night's Black Agents (GUMSHOE system)
Format: asynchronous Discord text, possibly live sessions if everyone's schedules line up

Description: Night's Black Agents is a modern action-horror setting, pitting secret agents against vampires and other related abominations.

The players are super spies in the mould of Jason Bourne or James Bond. 'Burned' by their agency, they work off the books in the clandestine world of international spycraft. In the course of their investigations and missions, they stumble across the horrifying revelation: Vampires are not mere folk tales and Hollywood fantasy. They are real. And they are serious assholes. If you pull at the threads of the secret Vampiric conspiracy, who knows where it will lead? Big pharma? Russian mafia? Military Industrial complex? Maybe the reason you could never get poo poo done at your agency is because it was compromised all along....

The plan is to run an introductory mission to set up the player characters and get everyone used to the game and then transition into the Dracula Dossier campaign. In that campaign, Bram Stoker's Dracula 'novel' from 1897 was actually an after action report of an attempt by British intelligence to recruit Dracula as an asset that went horribly wrong. Now it's 2014 and he's back and seriously pissed off.

Post in the thread link or PM me if you're interested, answering

1) What character are you interested in playing?
2) Have you any experience with the Night's Black Agents/GUMSHOE system? (No experience required)
3) Have you read the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker? (You don't have to have read it, but it helps me to know either way)

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 11, 2020

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Game: Underwater World III: The Long Tomorrow
Players: 4 or 5
System: Fellowship 2e
Description: A cosmic horror ate Aqualantis. What does it want? How do you stop it? Just what is an embouchure, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

Shardix posted:

Game: Underwater World III: The Long Tomorrow
Players: 4 or 5
System: Fellowship 2e
Description: A cosmic horror ate Aqualantis. What does it want? How do you stop it? Just what is an embouchure, anyway?

All y'all get in here on this one, okay? :getin: There's been an Underwater World on these forums for going on six years now, and we've got so very much built-up fiction for you to work with. Come add your contributions to the great ocean of shitposting storygaming.