Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Night Running
System: Cyberpunk Red
Format: Asynchronous play by discord
Looking for: up to 4 additional players

cancelled

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: The Morrow Project: 1989
System: The Morrow Project
Format: Discord
Players: 5
Time: 12 PM est Saturdays

Description: Rebuild the world after the apocalypse! That's what you signed up for, but a missed wakeup call sees you unfrozen 150 years after the war. Can you rebuild the shattered country?

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 23, 2020

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Game: Un-named Cyberpunk Red Game.
System: Cyberpunk Red
Format: Discord+Roll20
Players:3-4
Contact:PM's or Defenestration#0007 on discord[I'm on various SA discords], contact with days and times that work for you. I'm wanting to get started after the new year.

Description: In the grim darkness of the future there are only corporations and the people getting used by them. Will the plucky band of go-getters end up getting one over on one of these corpos? Or will they be used and thrown away like so much trash?

microaggressions
Aug 30, 2018
*filled already, thanks for the interest*
Rings Of Fire
Campaign Info: You awaken naked in a strange land with no memories of what brought you here. As you stumble out of the coffin you woke from you have to catch your breathe at the unnatural site of earth covering the sky above you. Though hundreds of miles away, you can make out mountains, oceans, and rivers.
System: Pathfinder 1E Homebrew World
Open Slots: 1
Requirement: Roll20, Discord, Voice, Video(optional)
Rules: 25 point buy system (epic fantasy), all 1PP allowed at DM discretion. No starting equipment. 5% universal spell failure chance (critical miss on d20.)
Time: Monday Evenings 6pm-10pm CST.
Game Description: This is a weekly game I've been running with some friends, we're currently on session four. (The group is level 2.) And I'd really like to add one player who can commit make it on time to every session. We play over roll20 and a completed roll20 character sheet is required. We're a fairly low power tier group where roleplay and exploration is prioritized over min/maxxing. I'm not adverse to a lightly optimized build so long as it doesn't overshadow the rest of the party. This is a homebrew world and not Golarian, though most of the themes and all of the races and classes will show up in the world. Certain classes and races might be scorned in this setting once the group reaches proper civilization. Please message me directly on discord (microaggressions#1047) for more information and have a happy new year!

microaggressions fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 31, 2020

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Warbirds!
System: Warbirds
Format: Discord, Voice Chat if all players are okay with it.
Time: Tentatively Friday Afternoons, EST, but up for changing due to player schedules.
Players: Looking for 4

Description: In days long ago, before missiles and computers took over air combat, pilots were lauded as heroes of the sky. Braving new frontiers and becoming legends on the battlefield, the age of early aviation was a time of fame and fortune for these pilots. Warbirds seeks to recapture the adventure and romance of that era.

Warbirds has the players take on the role of elite fighter pilots in a powerful mercenary group known as the Guild. With specialized fighters called warbirds, the players are in that top 5% of pilots. The Guild works to provide safety and security for its clients, while making its pilots rich and famous. An experienced Guild pilot is a combination of celebrity and combat veteran, akin to the knights of old.

In Warbirds, Players take on the role of a new flight of Guild Rooks to enter that life. Also expect lots of Ace Combat and Area 88 inspired stuff.

To contact me, PM me here, or reach out to me on the TradGames discord.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 1, 2021

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Die in the Depths is a Team-based Tactical Dungeon Crawler with a heavy Roguelike influence, updating daily on weekdays. Multiple teams tackle different 'fast' dungeons simultaneously, and occasionally team up for longer, more serious crawls. It runs on a homebrew system that emphasizes easy to understand basics, but gains complexity as new items, gear, and spells are discovered. Cooperation is promoted by the ruleset. Roleplaying is optional but encouraged.

Another beautiful day underground

Admissions are always open, but now is a great time to join!
We are looking to fill out a team for running lowbie dungeons. We have slots for 5 more currently.

Check out the Rules and current game thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910848&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

You can also have a look at our corner of the CYOA discord server here, and talk to current players:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Ws9AFAQ

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 7, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Uncouth to comment on these, but pro-fuckin'-click.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Game: Sail the Wild Green Seas
System: Wildsea
Setting: A weird fiction Post Apocalypse where miles high trees have overrun the world.
Format: Play-by-Post

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Our adventurer's guild (and its golem-like GM, Gravedust) is currently running with 21 / 24 players, meaning there's room for only 3 more~!

We have a full 12-man raid currently underway and are about to split the remaining 9 players between two 6-man dungeon raids. This is a less than ideal number: we could really use 1-3 more guys to pull off both raids successfully! If you join up soon we might be able to deck you out with stuff we've got laid up in guild storage, too!

Come Die in the Depths with us, m'lords and m'ladies! Join the SA CYOA Discord to get your questions answered!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: We Are Not Saved
System: Monsterhearts 1e
Format: PbP on a Discord server
Players: 4
Description: You're monsterous teens in a small town in Georgia. I'm going for a Southern Gothic feel with this game, but otherwise the finer details of the town will be established during character creation and in play.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
So, I was thinking, and I want to run a Living World style campaign, but for Crafty Games' Fantasy Craft. I've got... some experience with the system, but I can't do this alone. I need a team to help me do this before i can even think about recruiting players.

What I'm looking for is to gather a team of about 1-3 "Judges" who are familiar with FantasyCraft and can help rule on edge cases and help people with the system, and then a team of 2-3 Game Masters to run adventures in the living world alongside me. If you're interested in helping out in this project, my Discord is Fiver#8057.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Game: Blades in the Dark
System: Vanilla Blades in the Dark
Format: PbP - Discord
Players: 2-4 (we have one scoundrel signed up already!)
Description: A crew of lawbreaking scoundrels struggle to survive and thrive in Doskvol's foggy and weird underworld.

Forum thread for recruitment can be found here.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Starlight 2
System: D&D 4e (total sci-fi reskin)
Format: Asynchronous Play By Discord
Players: 6 (looking for 5)

Description: Six months after the war in the original Starlight campaign ended in an alliance victory, you are privately contracted to Investigate and resolve a case of strange disappearances (and reapperences) of colony leaders by the Alliance Office of Collective Intelligence.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: Wisps and Worms: The Abomination Vaults
System: Pathfinder 2e
Format: FoundryVTT/Discord Voice

Paizo's latest adventure path for Pathfinder 2e: it's a megadungeon! (Well, it's mostly just a big dungeon, it's not really that huge.) It's one of the short APs, so only levels 1-10. Experience not necessary, and the rules are free. Come join!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Game: Insurrection!
System: Dark Heresy 2e
Format: PbP supported by Discord
Players: 4-6

Do crimes and overthrow the government, but without the danger of having your identiy exposed online and losing your job (probably).

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Game: Descent 2nd Edition PvP Playtest (Link to my Discord server)
System: Descent 2nd Edition (Newcomers welcome)
Format: Tabletop Simulator, with Discord for voice chat
Players: Myself + 3-4 more. I could also potentially run for more than one group on different days, though I don't expect to get enough players for that.

I'm playtesting some custom-made rules to turn Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Edition into a competitive PvP game. Preliminary rules are posted in the Discord server. Games would probably be run either midday Mondays, or evenings Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays (EST). As mentioned above, familiarity with the game isn't required as long as you're willing to learn.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game:WWZ: 1968
System: GURPS
Format: Roll20 with Discord for voice
[b]Time/b]: Noon Saturdays EST.

It is 1968, and society is collapsing. Student protests over the Vietnam War have turned violent, Civil Rights remain contested, and the Johnson presidency continues to founder. Yet another, more insidious threat lurks in the background. A new disease, brought back by a GI from Vietnam, is sweeping the nation. The CDC is being cagey, the government silent. It isn't until the 1968 Democratic National Convention that it rears its ugly head, but by then its too late. During the riots at the convention, an army of the walking dead attack the students and the police. Gore is broadcast live to households across America. Society begins to unravel...

PM me for a link.

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

Game: Shadowrun: Melbourne 2079
System: Shadowrun 5e
Format: FoundryVTT with Discord
Players: 4-6 (currently there are 3 players, 2 are goons, need up to 3 more)
Time: 4pm - 7pm PST on Sundays
How to contact: Either discord ( Trizzdog#7353 ) or PM

Description: A humourous shadowrun campaign where dumb Australian and cyberpunk tropes are had. Doing a terrible accent is encouraged, or being an aussie and taking umbrage with how many Australiaisms we get wrong is also desired. Runs are done pretty straight to the setting's expectations otherwise.

Runner Roles: Currently we have a technomancer, a combat medic with some magic, and a Gun McShoot. We are hoping for at least one face type but otherwise play what you like.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Game: High School Supers: Reality Breakdown
System: Sentinel Comics RPG
Format: Roll20 with Discord for voice/chatting
Players: 3-5
Time: 7:00 PM EST Wednesdays OR 7:00 PM EST Thursdays

Play as high-school superhumans in a version of America where the New Deal never ended investigating tears in the fabric of reality that are letting in interlopers from a strange alternate version of your world. Try keeping your identity a secret while dodging the authorities, keeping up your grades and still having a social life!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: GurpsHammer: Inheritance
Format: Roll20 for combat, Discord for RP
Time: None, this is a text RP

You have inherited a small duchy through a series of complicated family trees and inheritances. Located within the foreboding forests of Ostland, it is in disrepair. Can you overcome beastmen, chaos, and scheming nobles to rebuild your birthright? Or will you fail and be cast into an unmarked grave?

This is a Warhammer game using the GurpsHammer fan expansion. I will provide all required PDFs. I look forward to adventuring with you!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Dire Inscrutable Engine
The DIE has returned, a massive golem that dwarfs even cities and tramples the landscape flat in its wake. It gropes blindly for treasures scattered across the land, heedless of where it treads. You need to stop it.

Ongoing open recruitment, so jump in anytime. Gameplay is simple hex movement and dice rolls, but hopefully with a large group you can actually do something against your massive foe! Don't get squashed!

Axqu
Nov 28, 2016

I'm a hot bitch angel named Panty. And no matter what anyone says,
I DO WHAT I FUCKING WANT!
Game: River Market Blues
System: VtM 20th Anniversary (V20)
Format: PbP on Discord
Players: 4-6
Description: Kansas City had always been a tiny, weird little domain. Its shift to Camarilla control in the early 80s only seemed to make it weirder and more secretive. Your sire has been given a unique opportunity: One neonate, of their choosing, will be allowed to haven in Kansas City in exchange for alliance and friendship with the Prince. You're not privy to the details, but being able to see such an isolated domain from the inside could be the opportunity of a lifetime. Or it could end in absolute disaster. Either way, you know you're going to be treated to some excellent blues music.

Newbies and spectators welcome! Half the fun of a neonate game is that new players have the opportunity to learn about How To Vampire right along with their characters.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Game: Microscope
System: erm.... Microscope?
Format: PbP
Players: 4-6+

We shall build a history using the microscope rules. I can't give much more than that, as there are so many ways we can go!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963868

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Game: Harvesters of Dune
System: Dune: Adventures in the Imperium
Format: PbP on these very forums
Players: 4-5ish
Description: Modiphius's new Dune RPG had its PDF release this week, so let's gently caress around with trying to run through the included pre-written adventure in a PbP format. And maybe see what happens after?

Drone fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 9, 2021

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Game: No Man's Land
System/Format: Discord play-by-post; very loosely dice based, but primarily just narrative, turn based story telling
Players: Need to add 1-2 players to an existing group of 3
Description: Work to unwittingly save humanity on a very Trigun-esque, semi-futuristic western type planet as you deal with outlaws and other interested factions.

If interested, message me on Discord via Lionel Hutz#9862 and I can let you read through what we have so far to see if it's up your alley. Despite having started about a month ago, we haven't gotten very far so there is still ample opportunity to jump in fresh.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Game: Keep Uhuru Weird
System: Hard Wired Island, PbP/async of some kind after picks are done
Players: Up to 5
Description: Cyberpunk on an O'Neill cylinder! You're starting off investigating a possible lead on the mysterious deaths of several android rights and anti-gentrification advocates in the wake of a district wide lockdown.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Game: Ironsworn: Starforged
System: CYOA
Players: Infinite
Description:
A solo RPG I'm running as a CYOA - We'll be exploring the forge,the last refuge of humanity to complete oaths and alienate people.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Game: Gundam - Universal Century
System/Format: Discord play-by-post; very loosely dice based, but primarily just narrative, turn based story telling (not too dissimilar from one I recently advertised)
Players: Probably need to add 2-3 players
Description: Join a newly formed Zeon special forces unit and fight your way through the One Year War, survive beyond it, join the Delaz fleet(?), maybe join/resist the Titans? Only time will tell!

If interested, message me on Discord via Lionel Hutz#9862!

EDIT: Thanks for everyone who reached out! We look full for now, but don't hesitate to add me on Discord if you want to be considered in the future... people can drop at any time and I'm more than happy to back fill with interested parties.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 11, 2021

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Game: Twilight Struggle
System: Boardgame by Discord
Players: 2-5
Description: I've been running rounds of the Cold War board game Twilight Struggle in Discord for a bunch of goons. Looking for some fresh blood for Round 3, especially players willing to go Team USSR. All skill levels welcome.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Game: Star Trek Adventures: Going Boldly, or Boldly Going, Am I Right?!
System: Star Trek Adventures
Players: 5-ish
Description: Running a Star Trek game, where the players will get to shape the era of play (Enterprise/TOS/TNG), the type of ship used, and the types of missions that will be encountered. It'll be kept to a mostly episodic format and will try to capture the spirit of the TV show as best as we can in a PbP format.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

UNSEALED

Take control of an Unsealed, a golem warrior competing to see whose line will be used as the basis for the grand armies of your creators. Kill the others, claim their powers, and become the lone Sealed of the batch!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Abraham Lincoln vs Warhammer Fantasy
Description: It is November 20th, 1864. Sherman has taken Savannah and delivered Lincoln a victory in the presidential election. As snow piles up outside, you sit in Washington DC and hope the new year will mean the end of this terrible war. Suddenly, a flash of light interrupts your pondering. As you rush to the window and throw it open, you notice that the chill of winter has been replaced by the warmth of spring. A bright blue sky has replaced the overcast clouds. Something strange is happening. By the end of the day, more has become clear: the city is in a new, more dangerous world. The Potomac still connects to a river, but the city is surrounded by deep, dark forest. Cavalry patrols leaving the city have been ambushed by...things. But in American fashion, Manifest Destiny calls! This new land will be taken and tamed, just as the vast western frontier was being. Fortune favors the bold, and all Americans seek fortune.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Monster Emperor
System: My Pet Monsters
Players: 3-5
Description: A playtest of my new game, My Pet Monster, which is inspired by Digimon. After a batch of chosen children succumb to darkness and took over the Monster World, a new batch of children have been summoned to save the world and restore peace and balance to the Monster World.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Game: Thunderdome
System/Format: pbp
Players: no limit
Description: Over in CC, Something Awful's short story writing competition is building playable adventures this week. Got a creative inch? Come join us! To sign up, hop in the thread and type 'in'. If you feel saucy, note you're from TG and you will get a badass gangtag if (and only if) you can trounce our homegrown nerdlords.

Now closed

Tyrannosaurus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 1, 2021

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Game: New Kids on the Block
System: 13th Age
Format: discord pbp
Players: 2-4 (+2 players already confirmed)
Description: Be a teen/YA in a modern day fantasy game. Be the newest member of the newest chapter of the Adventurer's Guild in the sunny coastal town of Queen's Port.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Edit: Full up

Game: Sailors on the Starless Sea
System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
Format: Discord, Play By Post
Players: 2 to 4
Description: The famous DCC funnel, where you control 4 level 0 peasants in a fight for their lives. Only the strong, clever, and lucky survive.

Since time immemorial you and your people have toiled in the shadow of the cyclopean ruins. Of mysterious origins and the source of many a superstition, they have always been considered a secret best left unknown by the folk of your hamlet.

But now something stirs beneath the crumbling blocks. Beastmen howl in the night and your fellow villagers are snatched from their beds. With no heroes to defend you, who will rise to stand against the encircling darkness? The secrets of Chaos are yours to unearth, but at what cost to sanity or soul?

kazr fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 4, 2021

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Game: The City Fathers
System: The Heroics, Expeditions and Domains System
Format: Discord
Players: 2-unlimited
Description: Urbancrawl in the Great City of Thimmer, metropolis of the Watch-And-Warrant.

You have lived in Thimmer all of your life, and seen almost none of it. You have decided to make a change of that. Explore manses, crypts, pocket Dimension alleys using the Domains system. Form an Organization and protect your small community from the predations of gangs, monsters and the Sentinels of the City Father, or gently caress everyone else up and Get Yours.

Would start at 4PM PST

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 3, 2021

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Game: Second star on the right, and straight on till morning
System: Scum and Villainy
Format: Discord Voice
Players: 3 to 5 players
Description: Play a misfit crew on a starship in a space opera milieu

Wanted: Scoundrels, Rebels, and Kooks for a starship crew. No previous experience required. Quests for revenge, revolution, ridiculous amounts of creds, or other improbable goals a plus. Must provide your own blaster, allies, and nemesis. A daring and heroic game of Scum and Villainy played over Discord Voice at 7pm EST on Thursdays, with a general focus on how you affect the factions (and the future) of the Procyon Systems. S&V games can be about smugglers, bounty hunters, or rebels, depending on what the group would like to play.

To be played at 7pm EST on Thursdays.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Started a silly SPACE ANIME cyoa game called PROTAGONISM. Join up if you want to vote on the adventures of Maxine Fighthard, mech pilot and occasional sufferer from Protagonism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Schmoo
Dec 10, 2002

Note, these are two separate games with the same system / setting. One is a sequel to a game that is already running (which in of itself is a prequel to something I ran years ago).

Game #1: GURPS (Infinite Worlds).
System: Discord / clever camera work.
Players: 1
Description: This is game number one. I'm looking for one player. We meet Wednesdays, 7 PM, Eastern time zone. You can be whatever your imagination wants & unique characters are encouraged (we have a Jinn & El Santo in our team). If you are unfamiliar with GURPS, I can make the character for you.

Game # 2: GURPS (Infinite Worlds, set ten years after the above game).
System: Discord / clever camera work.
Players: Up to 3
Description: This is game two. It's the same idea as game one, but this will be streamed. You will need to be on camera, using decent equipment, have a personality, be consistent, and okay with being seen in public. We do not have a date and there's a good chance this will never get off the ground. If you believe hard enough though, it may. If possible, we'd like at least one player that has never done this before.

Discord contact - Yer Old Pal Will#6992. If you contact me, please let me know which game you prefer.