Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [Werewolf: the Forsaken] Werewolves of London
System: Werewolf: the Forsaken (nWoD)
Format: PbP
Players: 5
Description: You are a werewolf fighting against Hitler in World War 2 because dude is using magic and ancient artifacts and allying with other evil supernatural creatures. Meant to be a very pulpy, action-y game where you get to throw tanks at Prometheans/golems and poo poo.

There will be a Howling Commandos joke, I promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Mountain Goats Mafia
System: Mafia
Players: 13
Description: "It's like putting together a puzzle except all the pieces are calling you a moron." Much like The Resistance or other social games, Mafia is a game of hidden information with an uninformed majority versus an informed minority. New players are welcome.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Game: So You Want To Overthrow The Corpse God
System: Black Crusade
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5
Description: Wronged by the Imperium, angry about Corpse Gods, freshly arrived in the Screaming Vortex and eager to work towards overthrowing the Emperor/saving humanity/Showing The Fools. Come see what happens when the Heretics don't know any better yet and still hold out hope!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

Game: Miamia: Hard Justice
System: Dungeon World (1980's/1990's Action Movie Reskin)
Type: Roll20/IRC PbP
Players: 4-5 5-6
Description: It is the year Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Eight, and the streets of Miamia are hell. Recruited by the MSPD, working outside the law, you will bring redemption or ruination to this long-suffering city. Kind of like Shadowrun, but with a cheesy theatrical aesthetic instead of cyber-punk.

Running this is PbP now, 4 slots still open.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Game: I lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper
System: MonsterHearts
Players: 5ish
Description: Another god drat MonsterHearts game.

Join the Federation!
Bang Hot Green Aliens!
Boldly Go Where No Monster Has Gone Before!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Game: CYOA: The Remnants of Revelation - A Double 'Post Apocalyptic' CYOA
System: CYOA
Type: PBP
Players: All of ya!
Description:

It's been 37 years since the missiles and the bombs rained down up on the world. 17 years since the Angels and Demons marched into war. Over time they have weakened and some of the humans are showing signs of extraordinary strength, or so the rumours go. Rumours also say that there are places you can stand and reach into the past, which would sound outlandish if not for the circumstances at hand.

Welcome to The Remnants of Revelation - A Double Post Apocalyptic CYOA. The Earth is a dangerous place and it's not especially difficult for you to die violently, be maimed horribly, starve or die of thirst. There is no plot armour, however if you die there may be something more... depending on what you are and how you lived of course. But there would be no going back, so to speak.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Game: Geist Heist
System: Leverage/Cortex+
Description: You literally have a new lease on life and the terms of that lease include larceny. The lease didn't say anything about who's body you're currently in, either. Honestly, if being dead wasn't so terrible you might think this was a bad deal.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Game: Mega Man Mafia (M3)!
Players: a bunch!
Description: Dr. Wily somehow did a worse job than usual. You don't even know who Mega Man is, this time. Christ. A game of Mafia - new players are welcome; this game is a little more complicated than some games of Mafia, but still less complex than a gross majority of the PbP games played here anyways.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Game: Eldritch Horror: Regret nothing, until it is too late.
System: Boardgame
Players: A replacement for the Charlie Kane character.
Description: Fight back against the horrors of the Mythos in a co-op boardgame. The game is actually ongoing, but the GM had to bail. I took over, but we've also one of the players. First come, first serve basis on who picks up the Charlie Kane character.

SOLD!

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 22, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Game: Dragon Slayers!
System: 13th Age
Players: 3-5
Description: Find, research, plan, stalk, hunt, fight, and flee the terrifying dragons of the 13th Age!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Game: NyarlathoTech: Ramming PT Boats Into Cthulhu
System: Fate Core / Atomic Robo
Description: Another game inspired from Ettin's own NyarlathoTech games (totally canon yo). Run a Black Lagoon-esque mercenary service in an weird, occult-infused tropical archipelago. Smuggle magical relics! Fight monster-summoning cults! Deal with wizard guerrillas and an oppressive wizard government! Run from dinosaurs!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [RT] Rent-a-Trader
System: Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader
Players: 5 or 6
Description: You're experienced. You're almost what one would call a hero amongst the Imperium. But the mighty always fall, and they always fall hard.

Now, you're taking the scrap missions from a retired and well-connected Rogue Trader who took a shine to your own warrant holder. He's rented you out his old rustbucket of a ship that you've just gotten out of drydock, and manned it with a crew greener than any ork. First brokered mission? Oversee negotiations with the tau.

This is intended to be a fairly light hearted and fast-and-loose kinda game. I'm not loving with ship combat, because ship combat sucks.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
Game: Impulse Drive Playtest Open Recruitment
System: PBTA space Hack
Players: as many as I can get for multiple one-shots of 3-5 players
Format: skype/hangouts/roll20
Description: Like the idea of playtesting a apocalypse world/dungeon world hack about misfits and spaceships? Not looking for a long term commitment? Apply within!

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Game: [GURPS] Kintsugi

System: GURPS 4e

Players: About 4

Description: A redo of my previous game in a different system and slightly different setting. Eleven years ago, mankind crawled out of the Convergence to find Earth a very different place, rife with strange places and even stranger artifacts. Now with civilization returning, you've taken on work for Brooklyn City's premier artifact dealers to supply the teeming masses with all the horribly advanced, highly dangerous poo poo they love to consume. Experience the fun of antimatter explosions and Neil Young music in surprisingly quaint post-apocalypse!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Game: Thursday Fight Night

System: Fate Accelerated Edition

Description: Fight for fame, glory, sponsorships and groupies in the only big sport left to exist! Everything else is dead! Who cares? It's Thursday Fight Night!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Game: The Spyrax War
System: Battlefleet Gothic Revised
Format: PbP/VASSAL
Players: Urgently need one replacement; just post a 2000 point list in the thread.
Description: Shoot other goons in with giant spaceships. Faction-based campaign. Join us at #BattlefleetGothic on synIRC if you have questions.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 5, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

After a very intense and exciting journey through the Forest of Piss and across the Dildo Mountains, my Zeitgeist 4e game unaccountably needs two new players.

Really Pants posted:

Game: ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution (Game thread)
System: D&D 4e
Type: PbP
Players: 6 (2)
Description: Fantasy Secret Service with steamships, guns, global conspiracies, and goony French tieflings.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Epsilon Plus posted:

Game: Mega Man Mafia (M3)!
Players: a bunch!
Description: Dr. Wily somehow did a worse job than usual. You don't even know who Mega Man is, this time. Christ. A game of Mafia - new players are welcome; this game is a little more complicated than some games of Mafia, but still less complex than a gross majority of the PbP games played here anyways.

This game needs one replacement. Newbies still welcome but you do need to be a-postin'. PM me if you feel up to it

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [Deathwatch] Bury the Hatchet
System: Deathwatch
Players: GM
Description: For three weeks now, our GM has promised us posts and tantalized us with plot threads in IRC. Every day, he would sit in IRC, chatting, promising posts at lunch, and then after work, and then on his days off. Every day, rumors of the tau world being a tomb world; maybe there are orks! Maybe chaos! Everyone wants that goddamned STC!

Now he's dropped it with a grunt and a fart, and we are three pages and 95 replies in with 6 GM posts. The story he had planned so far was for us to act as bodyguards to a diplomat negotiating with tau, but since literally nothing has happened that wasn't player driven so far, the story is wide open, because our asses are still sitting on the loving watch station waiting to be briefed.

So if you ever wanted to run Deathwatch without the hassle of recruitment, here you go! :v: If you wanna talk to us about it, all of the players are in #acolyte on synirc.net.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

P.d0t posted:

Game: [Playtest] The Next Project
System: The Next Project (Homebrew)
Format: PbP or maybe IRC
Players: 3+
Description: Forums-poster P.d0t created another D&D-ish heartbreaker. This time with 100% real fluff!

The Next Project is onto Beta 2!
PM or post in the thread if you're interested in reading/reviewing/critiquing/playing/testing the game.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Looking for two replacement PCs for my The One Ring game (details below). Hoping to get a more active posting pace going now that the holiday season is well over and folks are settled back into work and/or school rhythms again.

ibntumart posted:

Game: Through the Mirkwood to Radagast's House We Go
System: The One Ring
Players: 4-6
Description: Smaug's dead, there's a king under the mountain and in Dale, and Men, Dwarves, Hobbits, and Elves seem to be able to finally sit back and relax. But things are never that easy. There's still orcs, wargs, and evil Men all around... and some say a more sinister evil still holds sway in the lands around the Mirkwood. Come form a company of would-be heroes against Shadow, trying to make the world (or at least your part of it) a safer place. Newbies welcome, I'm happy to teach the system as we go along.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 2, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Game: Jerseyhearts
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 5
Description: Come be lovely teen monsters in Trenton, New Jersey.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Game: The Spyrax War
System: Battlefleet Gothic Revised
Format: PbP/VASSAL
Players: Urgently need one replacement; just post a 2000 point list in the thread.
Description: Shoot other goons in with giant spaceships. Faction-based campaign. Join us at #BattlefleetGothic on synIRC if you have questions.

Campaign is underway but now we're looking for another replacement. Chaos list, preferably, but you can play whatever.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Game: NyarlathoTech: Corporate Stooges on Magical Adventures
System: Fate Core / Atomic Robo
Players: 2-3
Description: Another NyarlathoTech game! Don't these jerks have anything better to do? (No. The answer is no.)

Get hired by the largest company in the world to solve complicated problems when magic and industry collide in the worst ways!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Game: Star Wars: Children of the Gods
System: Fantasy Flight Star Wars (EotE/AoR/F&D)
Players: 6
Description: 22 years after the Battle of Endor, extragalactic invaders are making their way through the Outer Rim. Come join us at the beginning of the New Jedi Order timeline and rewrite the series (so it doesn't suck!).

Hybrid campaign using all three of the FFG Star Wars core rulebooks.

Edit: crap, can some mod change the thread tag on my link to Recruitment / OOC Thread?

Drone fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 6, 2015

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Game: Old Glory
System: Numenera
Description: A ruin dive gone wrong has left you miles above the Ninth World, trapped on an orbiting space colony. What secrets does this strange structure hold, and how the hell do you get home? Unless you want to learn what space debris hurtling through your face feels like, you might as go out there and get some answers.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Game: Rain Shadow, Season 2
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 1-2 more
Format: PbP, with irc
Description: Try to survive in an elite school whose administrators see you as little more a wallet, hood ornament, or talisman of diversity. The first Season got a thousand posts, my god. Here's to a thousand more!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Game: Europa Universalis
Players: 6
Description: Take command of a historic empire from 1492 to 1792 and lead it to triumph or ruin against your peers.

One group filled and ready, others are free to build another though.

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 8, 2015

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Game: The Long, Dark Night
System: Apocalypse World
Description: Who will live and who will die in the dark?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Game: Shadows of Stormhome
System: 13th Age
Players: 3-4
Format: Roll20 with Skype
Description: An adaptation of the 13th Age adventure, Shadows of Eldolan, for use in the Eberron setting. Zombies and mystery on a picturesque city on an island.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Game:I don't know!
System: Also unsure!!!
Players: 3-6
Format: Roll20 with Skype
Description: I feel like running something but am not sure what and only have one pal already interested. I've run small games and big games and many types of systems and am willing to be told what to run. D&D3.5/4 (the 4 is more for Gamma World), Shadowrun 4E, Meikuu Kingdom (though I would like to wait until the rules are at least in playtest), Dungeon World, 13th Age, that new Star Wars game by Fantasy Flights, Mutants&Masterminds 3E, Numenera, World Wide Wrestling: The Roleplaying Game (haven't actually run this yet but would quite like to), Maid, Rifts, and ~*~The Mystery Box~*~.

My skype is in my SA profile, feel free to add me and get at me if you wanna play some dumb garbage! Likely running on Tuesdays.

Paper Lion fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 14, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: Where Dragons Dare
System: Atomic Robo, using modified Exalted setting
Players: Maximum of 5-6
Description: Want to play Exalted, but not a fan of the system? Come try a game with a different system, featuring heroes that are less traditional than the usual Solar squad. Newbies welcomed!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Game: Come work in a space bar!
System: Some loving WEG Star Wars D6 hacked into Mass Effect thing I found this one time
Players: Pick a number between 1 and 10
Description: Okay so you guys are the staff on this super ancient ship that is also a bar and nightclub kinda hotspot in space travelling around having good times and adventures and all sorts of stuff. But you guys gotta be cool because this ship doesn't let just anybody stay on and stand behind the bar. No volus.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Game: The Siege of Whitewall
System: HeroQuest Glorantha
Players: 4-6
Description: The Lunar Empire marches south, to conquer Kethaela and the last of the free Orlanthi in Heortland, finally siezing the Middle Air for their chaotic Goddess. Can you stop them?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Game: The Rise of Rosina
System: HERO Exalted
Players: 1+
Description: The Free City of Rosina is little more than a handful of fishing huts and a dream, but the First Councillor has thrown open the gates (metaphorically, there aren't any actual gates yet) to all those whom the Scarlet Empire has labelled Anathema for a thousand years in hopes that this will be enough to survive in a time of weakened Empire. Another game where you can play Exalted without using the Exalted rules, this one a much crunchier kind of rules than the Atomic Robo game AdjectiveNoun is running.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Game: In an Apartment Complex in Eastern Europe
System: Apocalypse World
Players: 3-5
Description: Be hot, cool, hard, hot and weird in the ruins of an Eastern European apartment block. Travel the outside, build your jingle, meet strange and exotic people and take harm from them. Stalker meets Mad Max meets Lisa.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Game: [FFG Star Wars] The Hapan Connection
System: FFG Star Wars
Players: 3-4
Description: You are the crew of a legitimate shipping company and its sole freighter, working out of Corellia. A Hapan noble wants you to deliver some goods home, to Hapes. He's willing to pay. A lot.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 26, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Game: The Elder Scrools V: Skyrim Mafia
Players: 19 total, still have 7 6 just 2 more slots that need to be filled!
Description: A game of trickery, deceit, and calling people morons before killing them, set in the frigid north of Skyrim. As far as mafia games go, this one is a bit nonstandard, so at least a little mafia experience is definitely a plus. That said, new players are absolutely welcome!

Full!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 16, 2015

Caros
May 14, 2008

Game: Gundam Build Fighters Excel
System: FAE
Players: 4 total, possibly more at a later date.
Description: Gundam Build Fighters meets Yugioh, Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure with a dash of Mortal Kombat. Fight with plastic robots to prevent a group of futuristic space colonies from seceding and possibly starting an actual war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Game: Awful Survivor: You Look Like poo poo
System/Format: Survivor (Propaganda Machine is running it again this time. I'm just here to help!)
Players: 15
Description: I'm going to put what was here last time because it's pretty accurate. "Get sorted into tribes that compete against one another in fun internet games for game rewards and safety from the tribal council vote. I'm really not sure what to put here. It's like the TV show, and it's fun as heck."