Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the original genesis/sega CD/32X games.

Now I've met these types of people before and it just baffles me. Their three biggest complaints are they heard the old games are too hard and the lore wasn't established, and there wasn't enough friends.

Another thing is their first entry into the series was either adventure 1 or 2, but it wasn't on the dreamcast. They had the gamecube version and yet still somehow missed getting Sonic Gems and the Sonic Mega Collection.

They also have gotten a system to specifically play Sonic '06 in most cases. But hated it because it didn't have enough friends and destroyed the SonicXAmyXKnuckles love triangle.

The Wii games like Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Unleashed are apparently in the real good category. They like Colors but hated Generations.

And it's really awkward when it's a co-worker and you're sitting at your desk and they're starring at you watching you because as soon as you even have the slightest free moment, they're going to rush over to you and want to talk about sonic the hedgehog. And you have to listen because you don't want to be rude, so you wind up spending 15 minutes trying to gracefully leave the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Furries who read Archie comics

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
no bat tits

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

did anyone play the 32x sonic games?

did anyone play the 32x?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Aspergers

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

it actually makes a lot of sense that sonic has so many fans who never played the games, because once you play the games you realize they're literally all dogshit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scyther posted:

it actually makes a lot of sense that sonic has so many fans who never played the games, because once you play the games you realize they're literally all dogshit.

Dec 26, 2012

Scyther posted:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Scyther posted:

this is basically the reason I became a nintendo fanboi 4ever

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Scyther posted:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I like the gameplay and the cool looking levels and don't really care for the plots involving lizards shoving space stations up their rear end. Most modern sonics were bad and some are alright, the handheld ones are generally good. Sonic 2 was my first video game. Peace

Oh yeah the music is cool too

MarioTeachesWiping fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 2, 2014

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Scyther posted:

The only good sonic game is sonic and knuckles 3. Id rather play super mario bros 3 tho.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Sonic 2, 3, knuckles, adventure, colors, generations, and lost world are radballs

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

McDowell posted:

Furries who read Archie comics
Either that or the cartoon. Not the one with Urkel and chili dogs and Scratch and Grounder, but the one with Sally Acorn that everyone loves for having a "serious story" even though it's about a blue hedgehog and a pantsless loving squirrel girl

(I don't know of anyone stupid enough to try to defend Sonic Underground, though)

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Sonic adventure on steam just got achievements and someone finally made a fix for the game to run in hi res without being poo poo. Also beta windy valley restoration

I know what I'm doing this weekend imp zone

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Flynn Taggart posted:

Sonic 2, 3, knuckles, adventure, colors, generations, and lost world are radballs

Wait I thought Lost World was one of the garbage ones.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

(I don't know of anyone stupid enough to try to defend Sonic Underground, though)

Wasn't that the one with the music interludes?
Why did cartoons sometimes do this anyway? I think those Donkey Kong ones had that too, maybe those Garfield cartoons as well. There hasn't been a single cartoon that had a mandatory song time halfway thru the episode and it wasn't absolutely cringe-worthy, even for 10 year olds.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Lost World was like Unleashed where they decided to try something new and got it really right half of the time and really wrong the other half of the time.

Sonic is good.

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

And you have to listen because you don't want to be rude, so you wind up spending 15 minutes trying to gracefully leave the conversation.

same except dr who and homestuck

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
what the gently caress is "sonic lore"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

did anyone play the 32x sonic games?

no because there are none

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Poonerman posted:

robotnik can run faster than sonic

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Poonerman posted:

vore fanfic

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sonic and knuckles with sonic 3 plugged in is pretty much the point where they should have dusted off their hands and gone "yeah i guess thats the best we are going to do here" and moved on to not make any more sonic games

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
sonic spinball 2, it is time.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That's because Sonic Adventure I & II were a lot of people's introduction to the series and people usually don't like going from semi-modern consoles to playing old games with visible pixels.

e: What makes this strange is that no one can play the Sonic Adventure games now and think they're good.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Either that or the cartoon. Not the one with Urkel and chili dogs and Scratch and Grounder, but the one with Sally Acorn that everyone loves for having a "serious story" even though it's about a blue hedgehog and a pantsless loving squirrel girl

I remember thinking that cartoon was really cool when I was about 8 but I assume you're talking about actual adults watching it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scyther posted:

Can the mods do something about this lovely fake Monkeu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

I remember thinking that cartoon was really cool when I was about 8 but I assume you're talking about actual adults watching it
robotnik had a really cool voice in that show

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can the mods do something about this lovely fake Monkeu.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What is the deal with the Eggman/Robotnik?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
when i stopped playing he was robotnik. now i open up games and its all eggman what the gently caress why eggman? dude makes robots. robotnik works. this is goddamn bullshit stupid sonic idiot fans

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

McDowell posted:

What is the deal with the Eggman/Robotnik?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Video Viddy Games posted:

when i stopped playing he was robotnik. now i open up games and its all eggman what the gently caress why eggman? dude makes robots. robotnik works. this is goddamn bullshit stupid sonic idiot fans

He is Eggman as of Sonic 06.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eggman is his japanese name

they wanted the name to be the same in both regions so they changed it

in sonic adventure (the first one) he's still robotnik but sonic calls him eggman a few times as an insult

by sonic adventure 2 his name's pretty much eggman fully

I believe in US manuals and stuff he's still listed as "Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik" but all the characters and menus in-game just call him Eggman

welp that's my post

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
jrsus christ sonic lore is gayer than i realised.

he is robotnik. there is no else other else

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Video Viddy Games posted:

jrsus christ sonic lore is gayer than i realised.

he is robotnik. there is no else other else
you care a lot about what the dumb fat video game dude is named

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

you care a lot about what the dumb fat video game dude is named

Yeah, he's named "Endorph."

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Robotnik was a better badguy than the Sonic series' new direction deserved, so they gave him a stupider name in the hopes that it would be enough.

e: Endorph people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
When Robotnik emigrated from Eastern Europe he had to adopt a more "suitable" surname for everyone in his newfound country to pronounce.

• Locked thread