Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

This OP loving sucks. Ps. Enable 2fa

Here's sony's customer support number
800-345-7669

Welcome to the PS4 thread!
FAQ is at the bottom of this post! Scroll down to the second post for info on current and upcoming games!

Latest Firmware: 1.75 (download here!)

Changes! Look at all these awesome and useful changes in the new firmware! :siren:

quote:

Sony’s released PS4 Firmeware Update 1.75, adding 3D Blu-ray support and more.

As well as 3D Blu-ray, sound quality has been improved for 1.5x playback of Blu-ray movies and DVDs. You can also set the console to automatically download Featured Content while the system is in standby mode.

And finally, for some reason, messages displayed in the top right of the screen have shifted over to the top left.
:what:

:siren: Post your PS4 streams here! :siren:
PS3 Hardware thread
PS3 Games thread
PS Vita thread
PSN Store thread

Goon PSN list
Want to mass-add goons from the goon list? Click here for instructions how! There's also a Webbased option from the same dude
#ps4goons IRC chatroom

What is the Playstation 4?
Do I really need to answer this question? Well, okay. The Playstation 4 (henceforth 'PS4') is Sony's entrant into the eighth console generation grudge match, squaring off against the Xbox One and the Wii U - well, okay, really just the Xbox One. Sorry Nintendo. :(

How is it different from a PS3?
After over 7 years on the market, the PS3 is practically ancient in technological terms, and the PS4 provides a generational leap in processing power over its predecessor. Tech specs are below, but specifically for you - this means bigger, more immersive worlds, sharper graphics, larger player counts (in online games), and numerous other improvements as developers learn their way around the new hardware. Also importantly, the PS4's simplified PC-like architecture represents a significant departure from the PS3's esoteric design, which will make life easier for developers and ease porting between platforms.

Specs!
  • The CPU and GPU are combined into a single package, referred to by manufacturer AMD as a 'APU' or 'accelerated processing unit'.
  • CPU: custom 8-core x86-64 processor based on AMD's 'Jaguar' design, rumored to be clocked at 1.6 GHz
  • GPU: custom Radeon GCN implementation consisting of 18 compute units, theoretical performance of 1.84 TFLOPS (somewhere between a Radeon HD 7850 and 7870)
  • Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, maximum bandwidth of 176 GB/s (~3 GB reportedly reserved by OS)
  • Storage: 6x Blu-ray drive, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD (~60 GB reserved by OS)
  • I/O: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi (2.4 GHz only), Gigabit ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x proprietary 'Aux' port (for PS Camera), 1x HDMI port, 1x Toslink port

Accessories!
What would a new console be without new accessories?

Dualshock 4
The first truly significant redesign of the Dualshock since its debut 16 years ago, the Dualshock 4 includes several refinements over its predecessors:
  • Much-improved L2/R2 triggers (FINALLY)
  • Improved ergonomics (larger 'horns', analog sticks no longer convex)
  • Integrated, clickable touchpad
  • 'Light bar' on back of controller to identify players and detect location (similar to Move controllers)
  • 'Start' and 'Select' are no more! Their functionality has been integrated into the new 'Options' button
  • New 'Share' button used for sharing recorded gameplay to social media (details below)
  • Headphone/microphone jack on bottom of controller (supports voice chat OR full game audio)
  • Integrated speaker (similar to Wiimote)

Playstation Camera
Originally rumored to be a pack-in, the optional Playstation Camera provides support for social features such as video chatting and inserting your face into game streams, motion-based gaming features using the DS4 and Move controllers, and Kinect-style voice recognition features.

Other Accessories
  • Bluetooth headsets are currently not supported
  • USB headsets are supported (with firmware 1.5)
  • Dualshock 3/Sixaxis controllers are not supported
  • Move controllers are supported (with Playstation Camera)
  • Bluetooth and USB keyboards are supported. Mice of either flavor currently aren't supported.
  • PS3 Media remotes are not supported :argh:

Major Features
The PS4 has several headline features, detailed below:

PS Vita Remote Play
Long promised since the early days of the PSP and PS3 launches, remote play is finally delivering. Using Gaikai streaming technology, the PS4 compresses and streams video through your wireless LAN to your Vita (remote play over WAN currently not recommended), with little in the way of lag or compression (provided your Wifi signal is decent). Sony 'expects' most games to support the feature, with notable exceptions being games that require the camera or move controllers, etc. Notably, the streaming technology is built into the PS4 and Vita themselves and doesn't consume additional resources, so the only onus on developers is to reassign controls for the Vita's slightly altered control scheme (and various developers have described the process as rather easy and quick).

The Vita's 'PS4 Link' app (installed with Vita firmware 3.0) will also allow the device to function as a second screen for the PS4, similar to the Wii U gamepad. You can also use the Vita as a controller and even sign into your PS4 remotely if someone else is playing and play with them. If you're going to remote play it seems well known that the direct link blows no matter how close you are to your PS4 and you should play over WIFI.

Vita TV

The Vita TV is set to come out December 1st and aside from playing Vita games will include PS now and Remote Play: Stream most of your PS4 games from your PS4 system to your PlayStation TV over local wi-fi.

Gameplay Sharing

The PS4 has been designed to function as a permanent 'gaming DVR', in that it records gameplay as you play that can later be edited and posted to social media* by the user.
*At launch, only Facebook. Youtube is a planned feature this year

Notably, Sony has said that developers can disable certain portions of their games from being recorded (e.g., spoilerific endgame cutscenes), so you technically can't record EVERYTHING in a game. At present not enough games are out to determine how comprehensive this feature is.

The PS4 can also livestream gameplay to Twitch and Ustream, though at launch these sites will not archive your videos. If you have a Playstation Camera, you can also include a small superimposed video of your face for reaction shots while playing.

You can switch the functionality of the share button so it changes from press to bring up menu, hold to take screenshot to hold for menu, press for screenshot. It's definitely useful if you take a lot of screenshots.

:siren:You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step.:siren:

Play-As-You-Download
Day 1 Digital releases are a big deal now for Sony, but in realizing that many (or most!) next-gen games will be weighing in at a whopping 50+ GB, it was imperative that users not have to wait for the entire download to finish before playing. Now, the game will download a determined necessary amount to start gameplay, at which point you can begin playing while the download finishes in the background. Some games also allow you to choose which portion of the game you want to start playing first (e.g., single player or multiplayer).

This functionality also applies to disc-based games - after a minimal install period, you can start playing the game and the console will cache (install) the rest of the content in the background.

Playstation App for Phones/Tablets
Basically Sony's version of Smartglass, this app for iOS and Android devices gives you access to your friends list, What's New stream, trophies, and PSN store. The app also supports 'connect to PS4' functionality to provide second-screen experiences, though how this will be utilized is yet to be seen.

:siren: FAQ :siren:

What's this about busted PS4s?!
Like any major consumer electronics launch, there are going to be some bad apples in the millions of devices shipped. That said, even sites like Kotaku have had issues, with the culprit seeming to be the HDMI port. Details are scarce but Sony is 'looking into' the matter. In any case, all PS4s are covered with a year warranty so you'll be taken care of.
If you ARE having issues:

Sony Support line: 1-800-345-SONY

Can I replace the HDD? If so, what sizes are supported?
Yes! Like PS3, the PS4's HDD is user-replaceable, which is handy since next-gen games will probably fill up that 500 GB fast. The PS4 will support any 2.5", 9.5 mm (laptop-sized) HDD of a minimum capacity of 160 GB. Currently drives top out at 2 TB. SSDs are supported, though again, the minimum storage size is 160 GB, so don't hold hope of slapping your spare 128 GB drive in there.
Here's how to do the deed!

This redditor made a guide on installing a 2TB HD into the PS4

My share button doesn't work
Yeah, this is a common issue. It seems people have success hitting the share button and opening the menu then closing it out before they go and do something they might want to record.

Digital or physical?
Do you want to sell the game later? How often do you plan on playing it? How much bandwith do you have allotted? Realize some games have a size of up to 50gigs. Also keep in mind every game will install your HDD regardless and your PS4 will only use the disc to confirm it's a legit copy.

Do I have to connect my PS4 online?
Nope! The PS4 was designed to never require an internet connection. That said, by not going online you obviously miss out on all the benefits of services like PSN, multiplayer functionality, media streaming and so on. Note that enabling DVD and Blu-ray playback requires updating your console to 1.5 firmware (which can be installed via USB drive in safe mode) and a one-time connection online, but afterward you can watch all disc content offline.

Can I change my PSN name? I was young and stupid once, now I'm not
Nope. :( You're stuck with whatever you originally chose. The new PSN will allow you to display your real name (if you choose), but besides that your only option is to create a whole new PSN account.

Will there be colored Dualshock 4s?
Yes, the blue DS4

:siren: IS OUT NOW :siren:

As well as the camo one (:cripes:)

The white one comes September 9th. Which is when the Destiny white ps4/ds4 bundle comes out.

Can I upload to Youtube? Can I copy saved videos to my PC?
Youtube is a planned feature this year

:siren:You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step.:siren:

My monitor isn't HDCP compliant. What do I do?
Can be turned off in the OS

Is there any backwards compatibility?
As of right now backwards compatibility is only available through a streaming service known as PS Now

Can I plug headphones into my Dualshock 4 for game audio, and if so, how?
Yes! Any 1/8" set of headphones will work (though you'll need a pair with an integrated mic if you want to use chat as well). Hold the PS button, then select 'manage devices'. Note that this will also mute audio going to your TV/receiver.

What's the difference in 'standby' and fully powering down?
Standby is essentially a low-power mode that allows the PS4 to perform background functions while not being fully powered. In this mode, it can charge connected controllers, download and install system updates, and also be turned on by other devices (e.g., Vita remote play) - however, the PS4 still draws about 10 watts, which is a low but not insignificant amount. Fully powering down the console doesn't give any of this functionality but it will draw zero power, and this option also allows you to safely unplug and move the PS4 when needed.

For remote play, what does the 'connect directly' option do?
When selected, the PS4 itself will create a wifi connection directly with your PS Vita and skip your wireless router entirely. If you're a short range from your PS4 (e.g., in the same room or an adjoining room) this is generally the best option, but the range is also shorter. When disabled, your PS4 will relay its stream through your router and then to your Vita, which can give longer range but adds an extra step to the connection, possibly introducing additional input lag. Connecting your PS4 to your router with ethernet cable may aid in reducing said lag.

Is voice chat always enabled with the camera? If so, how do you disable it?
Yes, the camera's microphone can be used for voice chat, but for some reason Sony made it so that it's always on when the camera is plugged in, with no option to disable the mic. Currently the only solutions to muting yourself are to plug a headset into the controller, or create a party consisting only of yourself. Note - firmware 1.60 now allows you to mute the camera.

DS4 on windows?
These are the best drivers to use. Scroll down to 1.4.0.1. The guy updates it fairly often. It's extremely easy to use and you can use the touchpad as a mouse. It does mess with your pairing on your ps4 if you use it wirelessly but all you have to do is plug the DS4 into your controller with a usb cable.

Best headset?
The official Sony Gold headset is probably the best all around headset under $100 currently available and is completely wireless (mic and audio). It has a USB dongle that plugs into your PS4 so you do lose a slot. That USB dongle is also plug and play with PC and people say it works quite good work PC. You lose the surround sound though. It's on sale for $70 often. The mic is decent and it has an app on the PS4 for sound profiles. (Called headset companion) Most people seem to favor the Infamous SS profile but TLOU just released with a profile. Unfortunately you can only upload a sound profile by plugging it into the ps4. The golds also work fine for people with big heads and glasses wearers.

If you're on a budget the official Vita headphones have a mic that works with the DS4 and are about $10-14.

Most any set of earbuds/headphones will work but keep in mind for the mic to work they have to have 3, correct me on the word here, "flanges," or little lines/circles on the metal part that goes into the DS4. Apparently for headsets with a separate headphone/mic wire a Y-adapter will work. A USB mic will work with the PS4 as well.

Astro A50s are completely wireless for mic and audio as well but come at a premium. Your old Turtle Beaches or whatever will still work but you'll need an adapter to plug the mic into the DS4 controller. Unfortunately Sony still hasn't released bluetooth support for headsets/mics and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Xbone thumbstick mod

This is a really popular mod and pretty much all goons except for a select few seem to prefer the xbone sticks over the DS4 sticks.

Here's a guide

http://www.thedigitaldispatch.com/how-to-replace-your-dualshock-4-thumbsticks-with-xbox-one-thumbsticks/

Reddit thread

quote:

The only real difference between them is that the Xbox One sticks are taller but I think that only helps with aiming. The improved grip from concave sticks and the patterned finish around the edges alone is worth it. I also swapped in a much better battery while I was doing it, Sony really cheaped out on the DS4 battery, mine was a paltry 1000mAh compared to the DS3s 1800mAh.

Sticks were $2 and battery was $9, both on Ebay. The Xbox sticks fit perfectly on the DS4 by the way which is amusing. The spring came off my left trigger when I was taking the shell off the controller (did it too hard) but it was simple to fix.

You can also get the xbone sticks on amazon

Watch this video before you start the mod so you don't have to go back in and fix your touchpad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYi-iPrlG08

quote:

Yeah, it happens if you put the touch pad cable UNDER the bar that holds it, you have to put it OVER the bar. Not touching the touchpad because it can get pulled out of the touchpad and its sucks because it happened o me

End results

Controller accessories I don't need?

FPS Freeks are the best and well known to throw on your right stick for FPS games.

KELUX Thumb grips are another option to the FPS freeks and also not a bad idea to pick up if the rubber is wearing off.

Also grip-its and gel tabs

Here's a post with some stick cover reviews

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654982&perpage=40&pagenumber=104#post434005862

There's also a poo poo ton of LED sticker covers on ebay

:black101:

DS4 Charging stations

The Power A is by far the best option. However, if you want one that's really "drop-in" and don't mind a little dongle in the bottom of your controller the nyko one is a decent alternative

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 28, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This months PS+ lineup (Store updated 1st Tuesday of every month)

Both regions apparently

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 28, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

What system is that user interface for

edit: lol removed

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 3, 2014

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Moochewmoo posted in the old thread posted:

So I'm looking for a new headset so I can pass my old Sony Wireless one to the girl friend. Is the "Gold" wireless one pretty good? Id prefer something with a good mic and audio quality around the 100 dollar range if possible. I don't care if there are cabled or not as I game at a desk.
It is. You're not going to find a wireless headset in the price range that's anywhere near as good. You can find better headphones/headsets for the money, but they won't be wireless. I love mine.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step. Might want to update that in the FAQ.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
My receiver died and I didn't want to play TLoU through my TVs terrible speakers.

Being able to plug headphones into the controller for audio is an amazing feature.

I didn't think twice about it before but now I'm tempted to get a headset and use that exclusively.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

davecrazy posted:

My receiver died and I didn't want to play TLoU through my TVs terrible speakers.

Being able to plug headphones into the controller for audio is an amazing feature.

I didn't think twice about it before but now I'm tempted to get a headset and use that exclusively.

It's especially great since it isn't a proprietary plug. I can use the nice pair of earbuds I have with an in-line mic for listening and for voice chat.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

If you have the Vita earplugs they work amazingly well.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Christoff posted:

Best headset?
The official Sony Gold headset is by far the best one currently available and the only truly wireless headset.

You probably need to add a "for less than $100" or something onto this statement. Surely you're not trying to suggest that the Gold headsets are better than Astro A50s or whatever? They're great for the price and no doubt a solid choice, but they're most definitely not "by far the best one currently available" or even the only truly wireless headset.

edit:

Christoff posted:

Best headset?
The official Sony Gold headset is by far the best all around headset under $100 currently available and the only wireless headset option. (as in mic and audio)

Thanks for the change but I'm going to continue to nitpick. Astro A50s are completely wireless for mic and audio. Zero wires whatsoever.

monkeu fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 3, 2014

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I bought NFS Rivals in the sale today and it kind of sucks. Having to escape the police all the time is really really annoying (it's my first NFS game, dunno if it was like this in all the others?), and they've warped the Burnout crash cam into just this long, frustrating shakycam cutaway that happens every time you so much as ding a car or scrape a wall. Like, there's no such thing as a driveaway if you land on your wheels, you just have to stare at your completely stationary car for 10 seconds while the cutscene plays out and it resets you.

I also bought the Sniper Elite 3 DLC where you kill Hitler and that's not so great either. It's supposed to be all randomised and dynamic, but the only thing that's ever changed over 4 or 5 runs is that one time I had to pick up a note from a table instead of looting it off a guard. :what: It also broke my binoculars somehow, even in the main game they're completely unusable so I can't see or tag anything. Thanks, Hitler.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tempo 119 posted:

I bought NFS Rivals in the sale today and it kind of sucks. Having to escape the police all the time is really really annoying (my first NFS game, I don't know if it was like this in all the others?), and they've warped the Burnout crash cam into just this long, frustrating shakycam cutaway that happens every time you so much as ding a car or scrape a wall. Like, there's no such thing as a driveaway if you land on your wheels, you just have to stare at your completely stationary car for 10 seconds while the cutscene plays out and it resets you.

Never not play as a cop. It becomes a more fun game then.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The OP says HDMI removal is a pending feature but it's already been an option for a while. Note that it will prevent streaming playback and possibly DVD/Blu-ray playback from working.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

jabro posted:

Still can't get over how good these sound. I use them mostly for music nowadays and I enjoy them as much as my $300 studio quality headphones. Actually more because they're light, having a great cord, and seal in my ears without ever moving.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Picking up The Last of Us for $25 was great, and also today I found out they now want to take your fingerprint at the local Gamestop so that's new.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Picking up The Last of Us for $25 was great, and also today I found out they now want to take your fingerprint at the local Gamestop so that's new.

I guess they get a lot of stolen games traded in or something?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I guess they get a lot of stolen games traded in or something?

I have to wonder what that would even accomplish. Trading in something that there are literally millions of copies of doesn't seem like it would be very traceable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess it would work a bit better with consoles.

Google says they've been doing it in Philly since the beginning of July.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It's a law apparently. They basically function as pawn shops in some areas.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's a law apparently. They basically function as pawn shops in some areas.

Yeah it depends on local laws about pawn shops and how gamestop fits in. I lived in Albuquerque for a year and they were much much more stringent about trade ins as they are here in Kansas.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

univbee posted:

I have to wonder what that would even accomplish. Trading in something that there are literally millions of copies of doesn't seem like it would be very traceable.

They keep records of who traded in what.

Not only that but bootlegs have a tendency to show up at Gamestop from time to time.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

univbee posted:

That's why when you sell stuff to people some kind of information is often taken....

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just beaten the campaign on Battlefield 4. The ending :psyduck: it's like they suddenly stopped working on it halfway through the campaign. The plot is completely unfinished with absolutely no conclusion or development whatsoever. There's also a returning major character from BF3 who's only in the game for 5 minutes tops with a I-know-something-you-don't demeanour... then suddenly dies, never to be mentioned or returned ever again.

The campaign itself has really awesome gameplay and I enjoyed it inbetween raging from online matches, but the story itself is probably the most abysmal. Yeah I know, don't play Battlefield for the story, but it was supposed to be a big budget game and the reviews certainly didn't mention anything about a literal half-finished campaign mode that belies the 80-90% scores across the board.

Great first impression for the PS4, can't wait til the big hitters like Destiny comes out.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I played a couple hundred hours of battlefield 3 and had no idea it had characters.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Dice/EA really need to realize that just because CoD has a single player campaign doesn't mean Battlefield needs one. BF5 should go back to multiplayer only with single player being practice bot matches.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

If only they brought back the boys from Bad Company...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
When will the skies open up and rain JRPGs down upon us all flooding us with quality gaming?

I mean the PS3 is getting some fairly decent JRPGs this month and next.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What does a JRPG rain have to do with quality game flooding? I don't get it :confused:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Taint Reaper posted:

When will the skies open up and rain JRPGs down upon us all flooding us with quality gaming?

I mean the PS3 is getting some fairly decent JRPGs this month and next.

Playstation 4 Sales (7/22-7/27): 5,581 (647,682 total)

Probably not for a while. If you're willing to ignore quality, I guess there's a PS4 Neptunia game in development...?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

JazzFlight posted:

If only they brought back the boys from Bad Company...

Dice mentioned a while ago that they're unsure of what made Bad Company tick. A lot of people preferred Bad Company 2 over Battlefield 3 (don't know what the consensus on BF4 is as I'm new to it), and personally I did too. It's completely different with a very different personality and feel. They want to work on Bad Company 3 but they also want to do it right. I think after Hardline, Bad Company 3 may be the next one.

If they make Bad Company 3 I hope they keep its identity. It felt more of an arcade game than the mainline Battlefield games, and I think that kind of gameplay translated far better to mass-player vehicle combat.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Closed the old thread. Thanks for making a new one Christoff!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

This is the best possible title for this thread. I'm no Console Warrior but it's a pretty nice ice burn.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Thank you guys for the headset response guys! The Gold looked like a decent upgrade to my ps3 wireless headset but it's good to have some reinforcement. The A50s look nice but not 300 bucks nice.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

King of Solomon posted:

Playstation 4 Sales (7/22-7/27): 5,581 (647,682 total)

Probably not for a while. If you're willing to ignore quality, I guess there's a PS4 Neptunia game in development...?
Don't worry guys, Omega Quintet will surely be localized after its JPN release!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm guessing op is a work in progress. The HDCP section needs to be updated since it can now be turned off in OS. PSNow needs to replace the backwards compatibility section. Remove the bit about 1.5TB hard drives being the max since 2TB drives are common.

Speaking on that topic, this is nutty enthusiast talk but I have read reports of people modding the hard drive case and sticking in thicker drives than supported like >1TB hybrid drives. One guy even tried a Velociraptor but it needed too much power to run properly. While I'm a fan of the SSHD, I read an article by some British dude who made a good case for using a 7200RPM 2.5" drive instead since it's a better TB/$ proposition.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Moochewmoo posted:

Thank you guys for the headset response guys! The Gold looked like a decent upgrade to my ps3 wireless headset but it's good to have some reinforcement. The A50s look nice but not 300 bucks nice.

Definitely make sure you buy them somewhere with a good return policy. The sound quality is pretty mediocre compared to much cheaper wired headphones, and they're not Bluetooth so the wireless adaptor takes up one of your USB ports. I ended up returning mine within 24 hours and figure I'll use the money to spring for a set of nicer wired headphones. Even on sale for $75 I wasn't impressed with the Gold headset.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
You can also use a splitter and use two separate devices for sound and microphone.

Another question: what makes the third-party DS4 dock preferable to Sony's own?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does the recording feature work properly yet?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Maybe. I hit share twice yesterday and both times it worked. Been a while since that's happened.

edit: Went and edited my friends list to just be the people I play with. If I removed you and you play with me, whoops I didn't mean to. If I removed you and you never played with me, gently caress you t:mad:

If you wanna be my friend and play games with me then add me again. Don't add me then do nothing but ps3 games and netflix :argh:

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

jabro posted:

Can I get the Vita earplugs and pipe only voice chat through them leaving the game audio up to my receiver/speakers?
Can the same be done with the Gold headset?

Thanks.

• Locked thread