Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cozmosis posted:

I have a bunch of Best Buy credit, and I think this might be a good time to buy a PS4. I have $20 in rewards, a 10% off movers coupon, and the $25 off 250 Amex credit for there, so I think I might jump. I wanted to get the Destiny bundle, but the Amex credit stops 9/1 and I think they won't charge it until it ships.

Thinking about getting a standard PS4 and TLOU:R. Didn't have a PS3 and never played it. Good move? Or wait?

Check Best Buy and see if they still have the PS4 + Infamous Second Son bundle with the free TLOU download code on your reciept. I was pretty happy to get two of the main titles I'd want for PS4 free with the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I don't think they have much of a choice with current gen digital requirements.

Gonna have to cough up dat Utada Hikaru cash.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is simultaneously cool and corny as gently caress:

http://greatnessawaits.gamermasterpiece.com/

Create your own gamer masterpiece.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Check Best Buy and see if they still have the PS4 + Infamous Second Son bundle with the free TLOU download code on your reciept. I was pretty happy to get two of the main titles I'd want for PS4 free with the system.

What's the deal here? Is it in store only? They don't list it on the website anywhere.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

abagofcheetos posted:

This is simultaneously cool and corny as gently caress:

http://greatnessawaits.gamermasterpiece.com/

Create your own gamer masterpiece.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Never thought I would find a more brain-dead and lovely mp community than TLoU, it is like 99% of the teammates don't know about revive, listen mode, or that you can safetly run to cover. Nevermind trying to mark, flank, or rush with a teammate when you know their location and they are applying a medkit.

I mean, I am pretty bad at the game, but even 1% of effort from some teammates after I mark the entire team and down 2 of them, would be a little nice. It is like almost as bad as a MOBA for the stupidity of the pubs.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 5, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

canyonero posted:

What's the deal here? Is it in store only? They don't list it on the website anywhere.

It was both instore and on the website a couple days ago, must be gone now. They had a center isle rack of the PS4 + Infamous bundles then the code for TLOU was added to the reciept at the till.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Scyron posted:

Never thought I would find a more brain-dead and lovely mp community than TLoU, it is like 99% of the teammates don't know about revive, listen mode, or that you can safetly run to cover. Nevermind trying to mark, flank, or rush with a teammate when you know their location and they are applying a medkit.

I mean, I am pretty bad at the game, but even 1% of effort from some teammates after I mark the entire team and down 2 of them, would be a little nice. It is like almost as bad as a MOBA for the stupidity of the pubs.

You've just had a string of bad games or are only doing Parties Allowed or something, because I've been playing with random dudes and maybe 1/5 games are bad, the other ones are fairly competitive and most people know how to do all the important stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cozmosis posted:

I have a bunch of Best Buy credit, and I think this might be a good time to buy a PS4. I have $20 in rewards, a 10% off movers coupon, and the $25 off 250 Amex credit for there, so I think I might jump. I wanted to get the Destiny bundle, but the Amex credit stops 9/1 and I think they won't charge it until it ships.

Thinking about getting a standard PS4 and TLOU:R. Didn't have a PS3 and never played it. Good move? Or wait?

Are gift cards eligible for the credits?

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

You've just had a string of bad games or are only doing Parties Allowed or something, because I've been playing with random dudes and maybe 1/5 games are bad, the other ones are fairly competitive and most people know how to do all the important stuff.

I always seem to get one moron who sprints everywhere. Luckily with the amount of goons playing I usually don't have any pubbies on my team. And the goon's I've been playing with are by no means great (neither am I) but even a little teamwork goes a long way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BGrifter posted:

It was both instore and on the website a couple days ago, must be gone now. They had a center isle rack of the PS4 + Infamous bundles then the code for TLOU was added to the reciept at the till.

Not everyone here is Canadian (just like 80%).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dualshock 4 controllers on sale for 50 dollars for Amazon.ca: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_i=915398

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

I can't beat the forest boss. I'm lv. 32, maybe I'm underleveled?

e: On regular new game. :(

Wow. I'm now a lovely old man. I'm level 60 and haven't beat the forest boss. Woohoo!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Just beat The Last of Us for the first time.

That was a good loving game. Probably the best writing I've ever seen in a video game. The Walking Dead TV series needs to take some pointers from Naughty Dog.

After I complete the Left Behind DLC, I think I'll need to just decompress for a little while like after finishing a dense novel.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Bubba Smith posted:

I know I am playing no parties allowed. There have been a few good games, but a lot of it feels like they don't know how to play.

It just makes the experience feel really bad. Which unfortunately reinforces my judgement of the MP aspect of the game before TLoU even had even come out on ps3. I just hope I can get to Day 84 for this MP trophy without much fuss. At least in uncharted2/3 I could carry my team to victory, or at least stay positive k/d without worrying about winning so much.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Cozmosis posted:

The Last Of Us was amazing and is even more amazing with better graphics and no load times. The PS4 is about to hit full stride with a nice string of releases, and you'll have a good number of previous titles to catch up on unless you require JRPGs I guess. So yeah - good move.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JazzFlight posted:

Just beat The Last of Us for the first time.

That was a good loving game. Probably the best writing I've ever seen in a video game. The Walking Dead TV series needs to take some pointers from Naughty Dog.

After I complete the Left Behind DLC, I think I'll need to just decompress for a little while like after finishing a dense novel.

Yeah, that game ends real, real good but it's kind of draining. It's a good idea to play something lighter after that, for sure.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Slight release date changes:

Shadow of Mordor is now a September 30th release instead of October 7th
The Evil Within is now October 14th instead of October 21st

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
When did game suspending start working? I tabbed out from a game into Netflix and was able to go right back into the game. It doesn't work between 2 games though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

lostleaf posted:

When did game suspending start working? I tabbed out from a game into Netflix and was able to go right back into the game. It doesn't work between 2 games though.
I think it depends on how much memory they use up.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

lostleaf posted:

That always have. Game suspend that people mean is coming back from standby.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

timeandtide posted:

Slight release date changes:

Shadow of Mordor is now a September 30th release instead of October 7th
The Evil Within is now October 14th instead of October 21st

Would have thought they'd get as far away as possible from Destiny and a little closer to Christmas.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm so loving excited about Evil Within, I do hope the framerate isn't flying all over the place like it is in all the footage though. Wasn't the whole point of using IdTech 5 that it runs at 60FPS even on PS3/360?

Those dates seem fine. Destiny is going to be huge but there's a very specific competitive FPS audience that's REALLY going to get into it ASAP. Evil Within will be fine because "games like Silent Hill/RE" have a small but dedicated audience, plus it's a Bethesda game so it will definitely get the interest of people who picked up Dishonored, etc.* Plus no one wants to be anywhere near Call of Duty and whatever Battlefield game is happening back to back.

univbee posted:

Whoa, not sure when this happened, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is listed on the Japanese PSN. On top of having a release date (February 25th, although likely a placeholder), :siren: it specifically says it will be downloadable, making it the first ever Kingdom Hearts game to offer a downloadable version. :siren:

Definitely just a placeholder for fall 2015/spring 2016, but still awesome.

*Amongst the general game buying public, very few people are aware of that "publisher" and "developer" are not the same thing.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 5, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Would have thought they'd get as far away as possible from Destiny and a little closer to Christmas.

Dragon Age Inquisition comes out November 18th now, so that's a terrible time to release anything. Call of Duty in November too. Everyone tries to avoid November actually. December gets avoided by default too usually.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Possibly trying to get further away from COD I guess?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah, didn't realize Advanced Warfare is out soon. Just looked, November 4th. Activision is going to have a pretty good year this year! Diablo 3, then Destiny, then Advanced Warfare.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder how Call of Duty will do this year, I think Destiny will take away sales from CoD. Ghosts still made over 1 billion dollars in its first day, but it was the fastest price drop of any CoD, which means it still didn't match sales of the previous games, or Activision is no longer going crazy with keeping CoD $60 for like two years.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

Whoa, not sure when this happened, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is listed on the Japanese PSN. On top of having a release date (February 25th, although likely a placeholder), :siren: it specifically says it will be downloadable, making it the first ever Kingdom Hearts game to offer a downloadable version. :siren:
The only question I really have is, am I going to know what the gently caress is going on in KH3, having not played the last fifteen games in the series? I.e., the last one I have played being KH2?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I have a hunch that AW's multiplayer might actually be good. We need more footage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only question I really have is, am I going to know what the gently caress is going on in KH3, having not played the last fifteen games in the series? I.e., the last one I have played being KH2?

Even if you've played all of the KH games you still won't know what is going on in KH3.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Even if you've played all of the KH games you still won't know what is going on in KH3.
Yeah, it's not like I had a loving clue what was going on in 2 most of the time. Is there really a market out there for game stories that are this screwy? I mean, people who actually prefer it that way, and not just tolerate it because it's a game and the story is rarely worth paying attention to anyway?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, it's not like I had a loving clue what was going on in 2 most of the time. Is there really a market out there for game stories that are this screwy? I mean, people who actually prefer it that way, and not just tolerate it because it's a game and the story is rarely worth paying attention to anyway?

There are hardcore KH fans that prefer it that way. They're...odd.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

James Woods Fan posted:

There are hardcore KH fans that prefer it that way. They're...odd.

They're the same people who keep track of the Zelda Timeline.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I played a poo poo ton of MW3 and BLOPS 2 (yeah I'll admit it!) But never bothered with ghosts. Hope Advanced Warfare is good(black ops guys, right?) Gonna get my xim4 and shoot dudes yeah go ahead and complain about it!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I really hope that's the case. I mean KH2 was able to fill you in on the GBA game in the cinematic intro. There's like 5 games to cover for KH3, but I hope enough of it is irrelevent sequels, side stories and filler that it can be brushed off.

Seriously gently caress Square Enix for what they've done to that series. Three great games and two smaller games between the major releases. That would have been a memorable series. Now it's a loving inpenetrable mess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sony PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (10029), Sony PlayStation 4 Camera (10040), or Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset (S4V-00001) for $39.99 AR + S&H (tigerdirect, mail in rebate)

Also an extra $15 off $100+ purchase. So I guess possibly $25 after all is said and done? Some people are saying that $15 coupon isn't working.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 5, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ugh, gently caress tigerdirect.ca for sucking a whole lot more than their .com.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
In 12 minutes and 4 seconds I'm gon' be Swappin' it.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I assumed Counterspy was a spy-themed indie puzzler in the vein of Stealth Inc. and ignored it, but it looks like a quite stylish and fun action game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxe9tymcxRQ

Not sure how linear it is laid out as, but some of those scenes give me a Shadow Complex feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'm going to grab Rogue Legacy tomorrow because it looks awesome, but goddamn I am burned out on that midgety cartoony art style.

• Locked thread