Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

I told it: "leave" But To me answered: "rrrrrrrrrrrr".

JustNorse posted:

And I'm slightly daft. Could you enlighten me as to the conclusions you draw from these "facts"? (Quotation marks as it, for instance, is open for debate whether MH17 was an accident.)

I have not conclusions. I show different opinions. I have friends and relatives in different countries. We are not enemies.

To learn a cause of accident of plane, it is necessary to collect plane's fragments. Then it will be possible to establish the causes of accident. This opinion of our engineers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
This is the shittest gimmick account ever, its written like a crappy "Borat" rip-off.

gently caress off OP you unfunny oval office.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

MH17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_-rBL6n6Q

HoratioRash
Nov 20, 2012

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto
Really OP? You should know better that the first thing they teach here is grammar - grammar, synthax, phonetics first, for hell, half a year when school starts. Then, only then vocabulary lessons start.

Nobody talks like that, nobody writes like that. If you get someone who didnt pay attention in class they wont make mistakes in basic sentence forming like this. Instead, you go on into an unfunny hollywood-style Russian-accented writeups.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

HoratioRash posted:

Really OP? You should know better that the first thing they teach here is grammar - grammar, synthax, phonetics first, for hell, half a year when school starts. Then, only then vocabulary lessons start.

Nobody talks like that, nobody writes like that. If you get someone who didnt pay attention in class they wont make mistakes in basic sentence forming like this. Instead, you go on into an unfunny hollywood-style Russian-accented writeups.

I am from Russia. And i learn English language. I wrote about it in my topic.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606581
I live in the West Siberia.
I have a pause in the lessons of english, because i improve my czech language. I am traveling in Czech republic in autumn.

utjkju fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 4, 2014

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

utjkju posted:

You live more than 2,000 miles away from Ukraine. What makes you qualified to start an Ask thread about this? Exactly how many people do you know who live in Ukraine?

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

jimma posted:

You live more than 2,000 miles away from Ukraine. What makes you qualified to start an Ask thread about this? Exactly how many people do you know who live in Ukraine?

I wrote about it. I have relatives and friends from Ukraina. My father was born in Ukraina. And my grandmother and other relatives live in the East Ukraina.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

utjkju posted:

I wrote about it. I have relatives and friends from Ukraina. My father was born in Ukraina. And my grandmother and other relatives live in the East Ukraina.

I'd much rather hear direct quotes from them. At this point, this thread is just "Ask me to post YouTube and Russian media content about the Ukraine conflict", which I don't think anyone really wants.

Where do your relatives and friends live in Ukraine? Have they seen any fighting? They're all okay, I hope ...

HoratioRash
Nov 20, 2012

utjkju posted:

I have a pause in the lessons of english, because i improve my czech language. I am traveling in Czech republic in autumn.

That's really unfortunate, so am I. Though I live in Moscow.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

If anyone is interested, my friend's fiance is trapped in Donetsk now, and he shared some excerpts from their chats with me about what her life is like now and gave me the go-ahead to share them with others. I'm phone posting now, but I can get them up once I'm home.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

tweekinator posted:

If anyone is interested, my friend's fiance is trapped in Donetsk now, and he shared some excerpts from their chats with me about what her life is like now and gave me the go-ahead to share them with others. I'm phone posting now, but I can get them up once I'm home.

Your friend from army of Ukraina? ( Твой друг мобилизован, ополченец или мирный житель?)

utjkju fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 4, 2014

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

utjkju posted:

In university teacher told that there are facts and there are subjective opinions. Us were taught to divide facts and subjective opinions.
What is facts i know?
Maydan is fact.
In Ukraina there are party Freedom. It is fact.
Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine - SYCH Olexandr Maxymovych. It is fact.
The party's faction (Communist) in parliament was indeed dissolved 24 July 2014 by Turchynov. It is fact.
War in Ukraina is fact.
Accident of Boeing MH17 is fact.
Sanctions is fact.
These facts which people can not confute.

for sure, one cannot confute these facts. i, too, learned the difference between fact and opinion when i was in college. sanctions is fact, what do you people not get about this??

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

No, my friend from America, whose only connection to Ukraine is through his fiancee.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

for sure, one cannot confute these facts. i, too, learned the difference between fact and opinion when i was in college. sanctions is fact, what do you people not get about this??

I was in a STEM major so I didn't learn the difference

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

tweekinator posted:

No, my friend from America, whose only connection to Ukraine is through his fiancee.

I did not understood.
Fiancee of your friend from America is living in Doneck. Your friend live in America.
Is this correct?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

utjkju posted:

I did not understood.
Fiancee of your friend from America is living in Doneck. Your friend live in America.
Is this correct?

Yes, they met in college.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

jimma posted:

I'd much rather hear direct quotes from them. At this point, this thread is just "Ask me to post YouTube and Russian media content about the Ukraine conflict", which I don't think anyone really wants.

Where do your relatives and friends live in Ukraine? Have they seen any fighting? They're all okay, I hope ...

My relatives live in Kirovograd and in Aleksandria.
Forum of Kirovograd http://forum.rks.kr.ua/

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Some companies changed the organization of work. But sanctions are not very big problem.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

tweekinator posted:

Yes, they met in college.

What fiancee of your friend tells?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

utjkju posted:

Some companies changed the organization of work. But sanctions are not very big problem.

A lot of these people are being sarcastic, which may not translate well. Tread carefully here! The language barrier is not doing you any favors for political argument.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

litany of gulps posted:

A lot of these people are being sarcastic, which may not translate well. Tread carefully here! The language barrier is not doing you any favors for political argument.

Ok, therefore i don't write story of my relatives. I show vidio and news.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

utjkju posted:

Ok, therefore i don't write story of my relatives. I show vidio and news.

Your story will be more credible than videos and news, because much of this news is coming from sources that are not considered credible. You're also a pretty good storyteller, from what I remember of your other thread!

My best advice would be to try and find German or French or other European news stories that corroborate what you're trying to say with your Russian news and social media.

Edit: It's like the Israel/Palestine arguments. If you use something from The Times of Israel, Fox News, or Al Jazeera, anything of substance actually said is immediately lost in arguments about the source. Something like the BBC usually has strong reporting and less of a bias than many of these other sources, so can provide a neutral ground for establishing facts and their relevance to the discussion.

Personal anecdotes become more valuable in the absence of reliable information authorities.

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 4, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

litany of gulps posted:

Your story will be more credible than videos and news, because much of this news is coming from sources that are not considered credible. You're also a pretty good storyteller, from what I remember of your other thread!

My best advice would be to try and find German or French or other European news stories that corroborate what you're trying to say with your Russian news and social media.

Edit: It's like the Israel/Palestine arguments. If you use something from The Times of Israel, Fox News, or Al Jazeera, anything of substance actually said is immediately lost in arguments about the source. Something like the BBC usually has strong reporting and less of a bias than many of these other sources, so can provide a neutral ground for establishing facts and their relevance to the discussion.

Personal anecdotes become more valuable in the absence of reliable information authorities.

Russian and Ukraina news and social media have information, which i can not find in German or French or other European news. Therefore people make translating russian and Ukraina news and social media on other language. I filter information. I check some sources to which I can trust.
Some facts are very awful. And difficult to believes that such is possible.
For example, people from Kirovograd raise money for bullet-proof vests of soldiers of the Ukrainian army. Soldiers from the Ukrainian army don't have bullet-proof vests. You can read about it in forum of Kirovograd, but European news don't tell about it. Many people don't wish war. Many people against mobilization. But European news don't tell about it.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Meeting against war in Kirovograd. People wish that other people will know about it.

http://rk.kr.ua/v-kirovogradi-batki-polonenih-vimagali-vid-politikiv-ne-zavazhati-im-zvilnjati-ihnih-ditei

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

But there are people from Kirovograd who have opinion that russian people are fascists. And war is good.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
So as a Siberian how do you feel about the Russian government shutting down the social media pages of the march for the federalization of Siberia and banning its mention in newspapers?

http://zik.ua/en/news/2014/08/03/russian_authorities_order_news_blackout_on_federalization_of_siberia_march_511481

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

utjkju posted:

Russian and Ukraina news and social media have information, which i can not find in German or French or other European news. Therefore people make translating russian and Ukraina news and social media on other language. I filter information. I check some sources to which I can trust.
Some facts are very awful. And difficult to believes that such is possible.

quote:

Many people don't wish war. Many people against mobilization. But European news don't tell about it.

They do tell about it.
But your sources/forums tell you that they don't, so they don't.

:ussr::foxnews:

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Alright, a bit of background on my source: She is from Ukraine, lived and studied in Moscow, and went to a pretty good college here in the US for a bit. Prior to the Ukraine fiasco, she thought positively of Putin and his policies in general, and only started to get leery with the Crimea issue. She and her family are from Donetsk, and trapped there now. They were preparing to move closer to family near Kiev to escape this when their car broke down and they were notified that the separatists were not allowing anyone to leave the city. In these excerpts, whenever she is referring to the terrorists, she means the pro-Russian Donetsk forces.

She works on the other side of the city from where her family lives, and often just stays at work, where there is a kitchen and sleeping area now, rather than risk travelling across the city, especially at night. She has had 2 of her childhood friends killed in the fighting/siege. She still goes to work across a warzone everyday, and is a braver and tougher person than I will ever be.

I don't believe she is lying in her conversations. I realize I'm posting this with little credibility, and no sourcing beyond "my longtime friend's fiance". This is the perspective of someone living through a truly awful situation, believe it or not, make of it what you will.

quote:

During the day it is pretty calm. I can walk for blocks without seeing anyone, passing by shops that lay open and ruined by looting. The terrorists say that they need it for the war effort and that the merchants deserve it for abandoning us. Sometimes I don't see any other until I reach the bus stop.

quote:

I can still buy everything I need. They're not letting in new post or cargo so I hope the war ends soon. I don't know if there will be anything left to sell in a few months.

quote:

At night the shelling starts. It can be heard all over the city, whether I stay at work or go home. If it gets dark and I am still at work, I will just stay there overnight. The shelling is scary, but that is mostly focused on the terrorist headquarters. I am worried that one might hit me. I'm more scared of the terrorists though and what they might do to me if they find me out alone. There is no one around and no one would ever know.

quote:

Terrorists regularly break into abandoned flats to loot them. It's for the war effort, they say. They leave the place completely ruined. After they take all of the valuables, they smash whatever they don't want. My neighbor's windows were all smashed and left open. After the terrorists left, my dad boarded up the windows and closed the door so that animals won't get in.

quote:

My mom says that if the terrorists come to our place she's going to kill them herself. She used to think that maybe Donetsk should be closer to Russia, but since the terrorists took over she's been against it. She thinks every one of them should die for what they've done to our city. I think Russia should be bombed. One bomb for every gun they've given to the terrorists.

quote:

There was gunfire near my flat yesterday. I wasn't home, but my parents were. It went on for hours they said. No damage was done to the house, but it was intense. My parents armed themselves with clubs in case any terrorists tried to use our flat to hide.

quote:

A few days ago the terrorists killed a man for speaking out. All he said was that maybe they should negotiate to end the fighting. The terrorists said that they had to kill him to maintain stability.

quote:

I was walking from my flat to the bus stop the other day and I saw some dolls broken on the side of the road. I thought it was sad that even children's toys suffer during this war. Then, I got closer and I saw that they weren't dolls. They were the broken off hands from children. As I looked in horror, I saw more body parts. There were at least three children, broken and dead. What is it for? It's all pointless! I ran the rest of the way to the bus stop and cried the whole way to work.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

tweekinator posted:

Alright, a bit of background on my source: She is from Ukraine, lived and studied in Moscow, and went to a pretty good college here in the US for a bit. Prior to the Ukraine fiasco, she thought positively of Putin and his policies in general, and only started to get leery with the Crimea issue. She and her family are from Donetsk, and trapped there now. They were preparing to move closer to family near Kiev to escape this when their car broke down and they were notified that the separatists were not allowing anyone to leave the city. In these excerpts, whenever she is referring to the terrorists, she means the pro-Russian Donetsk forces.

She works on the other side of the city from where her family lives, and often just stays at work, where there is a kitchen and sleeping area now, rather than risk travelling across the city, especially at night. She has had 2 of her childhood friends killed in the fighting/siege. She still goes to work across a warzone everyday, and is a braver and tougher person than I will ever be.

I don't believe she is lying in her conversations. I realize I'm posting this with little credibility, and no sourcing beyond "my longtime friend's fiance". This is the perspective of someone living through a truly awful situation, believe it or not, make of it what you will.

I showed film where there are people who disagree with separatists. But there are people who against Poroshenko.
There are looters. People of separatists find they and chasten.
Hunta (army of Ukraina) make shelling in town.

utjkju fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 5, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They do tell about it.
But your sources/forums tell you that they don't, so they don't.

:ussr::foxnews:

My sources/forums don't tell me. I don't find they. Show me they.

HoratioRash
Nov 20, 2012

Present posted:

So as a Siberian how do you feel about the Russian government shutting down the social media pages of the march for the federalization of Siberia and banning its mention in newspapers?

http://zik.ua/en/news/2014/08/03/russian_authorities_order_news_blackout_on_federalization_of_siberia_march_511481

Because it's literally like five dudes? 90% of the signatures on the petition have an ukrainian flag on them. You serious?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Is this topic what the Cold War was like?

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

Russia is a federal semi-presidential republic. Siberia has The Republic of Buryatia, Altai Republic, The Tyva Republic, The Republic of Khakassia. And how make the federalization of Siberia?

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

tweekinator posted:

Prior to the Ukraine fiasco, she thought positively of Putin and his policies in general, and only started to get leery with the Crimea issue. She and her family are from Donetsk, and trapped there now.

Many people from Donbas tell that they hoped help of Russia. And many people had opinions that war will not be.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

utjkju posted:

There are looters. People of separatists find they and chasten.

Well, that's good to know. tweekinator should tell his friend that she's completely wrong; some guy 2000 miles away has better information about what's going on in her town than she does.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

jimma posted:

Well, that's good to know. tweekinator should tell his friend that she's completely wrong; some guy 2000 miles away has better information about what's going on in her town than she does.

I did not wrote that she's completely wrong. But there are people in Doneck who have other opinions.There are people who write from Doneck (they live in Doneck).
http://www.doneckforum.com/ - forum of Doneck.

utjkju fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 5, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

In Russia and Ukraina people use town's forums for timely information. People write about their life on these forums.

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

greatest thread of all time, goldmine this mods

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

utjkju posted:

I did not wrote that she's completely wrong. But there are people in Doneck who have other opinions.There are people who write from Doneck (they live in Doneck).
http://www.doneckforum.com/ - forum of Doneck.

But you didn't say these were "other opinions". You stated it as a fact that the separatists are not looting, and that they are actually stopping looters and giving them a good talking-to (being firm but kind, violence-adverse people, apparently).

My point is that I don't know the truth of the matter, but neither do you. We're both thousands of miles away from Ukraine, and I would have just as much credibility as you in starting a thread inviting people to ask me about what's happening there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

jimma posted:

But you didn't say these were "other opinions". You stated it as a fact that the separatists are not looting, and that they are actually stopping looters and giving them a good talking-to (being firm but kind, violence-adverse people, apparently).

Мародеры есть. И есть они среди сепаратистов. Но их отлавливают и наказывают.

jimma posted:

My point is that I don't know the truth of the matter, but neither do you. We're both thousands of miles away from Ukraine, and I would have just as much credibility as you in starting a thread inviting people to ask me about what's happening there.

But i live in Tomsk. In Tomsk there are 400 refugee from Donbas.

• Locked thread