Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Mood Music

My model 36 was once fumbled to a tile floor, breaking the hammer spur. Smith got me a shiny new hammer pretty quickly, but the original has taunted me from the corner of my parts drawer ever since.

We are moving to a new place and it seemed pretty now or never to bob the old hammer before packing my tools away. Now to get out to the range and make sure it still has enough oomph to pop primers with whatever the hell weight Wolff hammer spring I put in.

And the bands are from a lobster, so this needs posting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDM

Post your bobbinest, snubbiest, beateriest wheelguns ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

I'm still trying to decide on a holster for this:

drat my 642 for being so concealable, otherwise I may have actually bought a holster for the 3" gun! If I were to make it a carry gun I'd have to swap out for some Hogue bantams or something slightly smaller. .357s and solid wood don't really go hand in hand and that model 13 is a working gun.

How it was:

And the 64-twosies for fun:

Now it has bantams on it as well, I like them much more than the factory grips, and they actually work with speedloaders!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Jeeeeeeeez teeny little snubbies are the only revolvers I have an unnatural and unexplainable attraction to.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Snub nosed revolvers and Webleys are the only revolvers worth owning.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Bummey posted:

Jeeeeeeeez teeny little snubbies are the only revolvers I have an unnatural and unexplainable attraction to.

You should get a NAA cap and ball mini revolver and give it to me when you tire of cleaning black powder

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Itchy Itchiford posted:

Galco Combat Master is nice, though I dunno if they make a 3" version.

Anyways

bobbed smiths by junk box, on Flickr

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Itchy Itchiford posted:

drat my 642 for being so concealable, otherwise I may have actually bought a holster for the 3" gun! If I were to make it a carry gun I'd have to swap out for some Hogue bantams or something slightly smaller. .357s and solid wood don't really go hand in hand and that model 13 is a working gun.

How it was:

And the 64-twosies for fun:

Now it has bantams on it as well, I like them much more than the factory grips, and they actually work with speedloaders!

That 3" S&W is really sweet. If I came across one, I'd seriously have to consider using it instead of my G17.

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

It's an amazing shooter with a great trigger. I think I paid $450 for it about 6 months ago, which I consider to be a drat fine deal.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Itchy Itchiford posted:

357s and solid wood don't really go hand in hand and that model 13 is a working gun.
This is pussy talk.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Bummey posted:

Butch Cassidy posted:

You should get a NAA cap and ball mini revolver and give it to me when you tire of cleaning black powder

Black powder snub?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

This one is a hand punisher:

I need to find a friendlier grip for it.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Try some VZ Diamonds. They're grippy, and look pretty sweet.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I dabble

Not pictured: my LCRx that is sadly packed up and I forgot to take pics of.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Butch Cassidy posted:

Mood Music

My model 36 was once fumbled to a tile floor, breaking the hammer spur. Smith got me a shiny new hammer pretty quickly, but the original has taunted me from the corner of my parts drawer ever since.

We are moving to a new place and it seemed pretty now or never to bob the old hammer before packing my tools away. Now to get out to the range and make sure it still has enough oomph to pop primers with whatever the hell weight Wolff hammer spring I put in.

And the bands are from a lobster, so this needs posting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDM

Post your bobbinest, snubbiest, beateriest wheelguns ITT.

I like it. How does that clip grip thing work out?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Juice posted:

I like it. How does that clip grip thing work out?

Can't really say with any authority as I don't carry it

From bumming around at the range and rolling around in pyjamas, it works fine for a quick tuck and go. I wouldn't use it full time in lieu of a holster and it does get in the way of the High Noon IWB I have, so holster selection would be fun. But for cosplay of the sort of carry guns I grew up around, it is great. Honestly, if I did still carry it - and I am often tempted - I would keep the setup as is and just shop around or make my own IWB holster. The hammer spur broke years ago when I got wiped out by a dog with it tucked in pyjamas checking a smashy noise at ~0300, so quick tuck convenience/added stability is a factor for me.

Oh, the seam between the grip panels can be a bit much when shooting/dry firing a bunch and the bands make it as comfy as anything else.

E:

E2: Dug out the Nemesis I used when I still carried it and the grip works fine with the holster. Makes it a bit printier in the pocket, but a steel J-frame is going to show to some extent no matter what.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 5, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx

Fun Shoe

christ

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

oh I like my snubby

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

My all-time favorite snub isn't bobbed but I love the hell out of it.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

There's a bunch of snubs in here, just zoom in:

http://i.imgur.com/6D7cwJW.jpg?1

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Finally had a chance to get the 36 to the range and it still set off primers fine and dandy.

And a guy invited by the couple I took had a Hipoint carbine in 45 ACP with folding vertical foregrip and a god damned Eotech. The little fucker was so fun to pop clays at fifty yards. Ugly as anything but unadulterated fun. He also had an EAA wheeliegat in 45 LC he was pimping out to all takers and SA revolvers never get old

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

What is this and where do I get one?? That is amazing.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Colt 1917 with a Fitz treatment. Prepare your wallet and get ready for collectors to lynch you when your smith chops the barrel on a classic.

Totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Yeah that's nice.

• Locked thread