Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Man I really need to finish this game. Fun fact: the hand drawn artwork in the backstory flashbacks and the japanese cover has done by the manga artist Hiroaki Samura, who created Blade of the Immortal. Its a pretty badass series featuring a guy that is basically samurai Wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I'm really glad that they went with this art direction for Blood Will Tell. Tezuka is great and Dororo is a great manga but I've always hated the astro boy elephant feet.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Here is the Japanese and North American covers showing Samura's art on the Japanese version.

And an illustration for the game by Samura.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Oh no! Wendigo done a crime!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

CzarChasm posted:

If we're throwing comics into the mix, the Hellboy version is pretty tragic.

It's been a while but, IIRC, the short version is that the team is sent to investigate Wendigo attacks in Colorado. They come upon the wendigo who attacks them, but after a brief fight, he calms down and shows that he can talk and that his name is Daryl.

It turns out in this version of the story, the "curse" is more like an infectious disease, but you can cure yourself if you transfer it to another person. But now, Daryl, this more or less innocent guy has to be locked up in a pit forever. Because he won't ever die of natural causes, and apparently killing him outright is not an option (maybe that's how the disease transfers. I don't remember).

I can't google to verify at work, but that's kind of the gist. Search for Daryl the Wendigo for more details.

Yeah boss, that's Daryl in jail a couple of posts up. He has a bit of a buddy cop adventure in the woods later with a guy that is a sort of were jaguar but, well, it doesn't really end well for anyone involved.

edit: well poo poo.

• Locked thread