Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Derek Barona posted:

I give him a lot of crap for the whole "steal a demonic sword" thing, but I just want to note that I do give Dororo some credit for being the person willing to call people out on their bullshit a lot of the time.

A big part of that is do the fact that, being a child, he probably expects folks to be gracious towards those that help them thus he simply can't comprehend how the people he and Hyakki meet can be such ungrateful assholes.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I like the designs of the fiends in this game. Granted we do get related fiends like the foxes and reskins but this is at least justified by the fact that there are 48 of these loving monsters.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 16, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While not the most appropriate name for the rat guy if you don't know the context, Redcap refers to murderous goblins which rat guy does bare some resemblance to.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I love how whiny Redcap is about Hyakki killing Legion, it just seems really fitting for the character. For all the script and voice direction quirks, the Fiends are probably some of the best acting in the game.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 21, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And now we're getting to the major body parts, soon we'll get our other arm and leg.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Inflammatory posted:

Hyakki already got his other leg, that's how he got the dash.

Oh right, I forgot we got that for killing Yudai is chapter one. Whoops :downs:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks Pesky Splinter, it's hard to remember what we got since most of them don't alter game-play much apart from the limbs which change how you do certain attacks and fighting styles.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

alcharagia posted:

A video with no Fiends at all? Lame. C'mon, Fiends, step it up

Something tells me that we're going to get Fiends up the wazoo come next video.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Actually, you can watch it on his Youtube account, same with his Kenzan LP: http://www.youtube.com/user/egomaniacSALP

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The Fiend driving the tank wasn't even a dragon, it was a chimera.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Well I can see why they chose not to call the Chimera Tank what it actually was and called it Dragon Tank instead. Still, Chimera Daigo is cool looking so points for that.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, they mention the Nue in the video. Dragon Tank was more of a Greek chimera though the lion and goat heads were clearly merged into a single head.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Truth be told, I actually was surprised by it though I have the excuse of never reading the manga beforehand thus had no prior knowledge of this series going in.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Garrand posted:

I don't get all the Dororo hate. I think she is literally the only child character in any anime/media that I actually like.

In my experience, child characters are notoriously difficult to write for as you have to find a balance between realistic behavior while still trying to keep them likable. It's a pretty tall order from what I can tell.

The quintessential example is Scrappy Doo: As someone who raised puppies, and Chihuahua puppies at that, I can believe that his tendency to pick fights with the monsters is realistic. That being said, this is obviously not a likable trait especially given how much trouble it causes.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 11, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I think the Fiends creating their own downfall was kinda the idea: That they were so vain and arrogant that they genuinely believed that they were completely unstoppable. While this seems more true in the manga/anime where they basically dare him to try to get his body parts back, even in the game it is painfully clear that they did not view Hyakkimaru as a legitimate threat which ultimately comes back to bite them in the collective rear end.

I like that the game ends on a happy note in that killing Behemoth didn't kill Dororo as well which was what Hyakki clearly feared most after finding out that she was created from the parts the Fiends stole.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

darealkooky posted:

They couldn't even be bothered to make 48 bosses because there's the big combination boss at the end that just gives you a bunch of stuff back.

In fairness, Chimera/Nue was explicitly from the manga like Redcap, Ninetails, Yudai, Dragonbrood, and Maimai'Onba so its inclusion was basically mandatory.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Razorwind posted:

kinda wish at the end there Hyaki had at least tried to offer dororo his right arm-blade, the sword she'd been after the whole time. even if she went, 'nope, got my own sword now' it'd have been nice to have him make the gesture..

It's possible that whoever wrote the final chapter either didn't know about this plot point or just didn't think that it was important enough to include since by now Dororo has her own sword anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Basically, it knew the plan had to poo poo so it just tried to survive at this point and maybe have one last "gently caress you Hyakkimaru!" moment before it got inevitably killed by Hyakki.

• Locked thread