Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rory's gonna win hth

This year, the PGA Championship visits a majestic, enormous hall located in Asga - I mean a golf course in Louisville. Despite being less than 30-years-old, this will be its 6th major tournament. Tiger won when the PGA was last held here in 2000 in a dramatic playoff over Bob May, completing the third leg of the Tiger Slam, but he's probably not going to play this week because he tweaked his surgically repaired back in last week's tournament.

Air Times (ET)
Thu/Fri: TNT 1-7pm
Sat/Sun: TNT 11am-2pm, CBS 2-7pm

You'll be able to stream every day at http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/ and on the PGA Championship app.

Marquee Tee Times (ET)
Bubba Watson, Martin Kaymer, Rory McIlroy: 1:45pm (1), 8:35am (10)
Jason Dufner, Y.E. Yang, Keegan Bradley: 1:55pm (1), 8:45am (10)
Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott, Lee Westwood: 8:15am (10), 1:25pm (1)
Padraig Harrington, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods (?): 8:35am (10), 1:45pm (1)

Odds
Rory McIlroy 5/1
Adam Scott 12/1
Sergio Garcia 16/1
Justin Rose 20/1
Phil Mickelson 25/1
Matt Kuchar 25/1
Keegan Bradley 25/1
Rickie Fowler 25/1
Tiger Woods 33/1
Henrik Stenson 33/1
Bubba Watson 33/1
Jim Furyk 33/1

My Top 5 Picks
Rory McIlroy
Sergio Garcia
Rickie Fowler
Keegan Bradley
Adam Scott

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rory, Rickie, and Sergio are the obvious picks. For the other two, a lot of other potentials played well last week:

Keegan Bradley T4
Justin Rose T4
Grame McDowell T8
Adam Scott T8
Phil Mickelson T15

Phil shot a 62 on Sunday, but you can be super on for 1 round without it carrying forward. Conversely, Graeme's 66-66 on the weekend puts him slightly ahead of Adam Scott's 65-71 for me. Keegan had a solid 67-69 on the weekend, but Justin Rose has played better this season and recently.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ColdBlooded posted:

I seriously think fans like him mainly because his name is Bubba.
100% this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Golf Channel and stream.golfchannel.com are trained on Tiger on the driving range. :getin:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BCRock posted:

Looks like Tiger has officially registered and is about to start his practice round.

Nothing like hitting a few balls on the range and doing zero putting/chipping before your only practice round prior to a major. He's either going to miss the cut or win by 8 strokes.
He's not winning, but he could scrape through the cut.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Livestream starts at 8:30am: http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/multimedia/video/2014-pga-championship-live-video/

Morning group is Tiger, Phil, and Padraig. Afternoon group will be Rory, Bubba, and Kaymer.

Get. The gently caress. In. :getin:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 7, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thebushcommander posted:

Man this online feed is terrible. Constant buffering and freezes and then random complete drops where I have to refresh the website to get it back at all.
Use the smartphone app. I've been streaming on my iPhone since they website stream went down.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

Bubba is apparently asking his caddy not to tell the TV/radio/internet people what club he's using.

It would be the most annoying thing about this group, but for the Omega ad with Rory that is being played at every opportunity.
Is he insecure about possibly hitting more club than Rory? :down:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

50 minute rain delay only, but they're going to play the ball down. :wtc:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

And they say the PGA is the worst major.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

5 way tie for the lead!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Douchebag posted:

Is this going to finish today or are they going to miss it by about a half hour? If this doesn't finish today it's a drat shame.
I'm actually concerned about this. When it gets dark, it's hard to read putts, which doesn't bode well for the final 2 groups, Rory even more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rory McIlroy bitch.

• Locked thread