Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

would you like to hear about the piss game

I think they were asking about video games...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

of course the optical sight of the gun in piss game is yellow glass lmao

I gotta respect that game on an aesthetic level for sticking to its guns the whole way down

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Inzombiac posted:

I played a massive amount of Enshrouded and Sons of The Forest solo. The latter is explicitly designed as a SP game and the MP is more for goofing around.

SOTF is a horror game but half the time you'll be chilling in nature building log cabins and zip lining.

I actually bought Sons of the Forest and liked the beginning, but the first time I tried to build something more permanent than tent the game basically sent every cannibal to me on a beeline.

So I figured that was the game's way of saying "you need buddies."

Maybe that was just bad luck where I placed it. I'll try again.

Poltroon
Dec 15, 2008

SlyFrog posted:

I actually bought Sons of the Forest and liked the beginning, but the first time I tried to build something more permanent than tent the game basically sent every cannibal to me on a beeline.

So I figured that was the game's way of saying "you need buddies."

Maybe that was just bad luck where I placed it. I'll try again.

Raids happen anytime you make permanent structures, but their frequency varies pretty wildly depending on your proximity to cannibal camps, pathways and caves that you’ve broken open.

You can destroy structures in cannibal camps to significantly cut down on raid frequency. Also, the fly swatter traps are incredibly deadly for their cost, even in higher difficulties. A few of them in a chokepoint and some spikes along the walls and you’re golden — just make sure to cut down trees and remove their stumps to prevent cannibal from climbing trees to jump over your walls.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

SlyFrog posted:

What's the best open worldish survival game (other than Subnautica, which I loved but finished) purely for solo play?

Like I don't care if the game can handle multiple players, but it needs to be really good solo - I won't be playing with others.

I'm 100% a solo player and loved Enshrouded. Binged 70 hours of it.
It just had its first update which has been highly praised, as well as looking positive for the future of the game.
Big recommendation from me. I loved subnautica too
Enshrouded has its own thread here btw

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I love Icarus solo as well. Tbh a lot of survival crafters can just be run as a solo, and many of the recent ones have a decent chunk of accessibility features.

Grounded is a great example with actually good feeling combat. Whether or not you like the combat as is is up to you, and it's totally customizable if you even want to interact with it.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

YerDa Zabam posted:

I'm 100% a solo player and loved Enshrouded. Binged 70 hours of it.
It just had its first update which has been highly praised, as well as looking positive for the future of the game.
Big recommendation from me. I loved subnautica too
Enshrouded has its own thread here btw

This is from the Developers regarding the Enshrouded Update:

"It is possible to run these as a solo player, but it might be a very challenging experience, and we recommend bringing some friends along."

This is exactly the type of thing that always makes me leery of co-op survival games single player, and why I'm looking for the single player first experience. I've seen too many things like that before, where you can theoretically do the content solo, but it just sucks and is clearly intended (and scaled difficulty-wise) to be done with a group. I've found a lot of co-op survival games that are technically playable solo are basically horrible slogs solo, because you're having to super slowly edge forward to make up for the intended teammates that aren't there.

I'm not criticizing the game at all - co-op games can be great. Just saying that sometimes it feels like they have a solo option in name only.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

SlyFrog posted:

"It is possible to run these as a solo player, but it might be a very challenging experience, and we recommend bringing some friends along."

This is exactly the type of thing that always makes me leery of co-op survival games single player, and why I'm looking for the single player first experience. I've seen too many things like that before, where you can theoretically do the content solo, but it just sucks and is clearly intended (and scaled difficulty-wise) to be done with a group. I've found a lot of co-op survival games that are technically playable solo are basically horrible slogs solo, because you're having to super slowly edge forward to make up for the intended teammates that aren't there.

I'm not criticizing the game at all - co-op games can be great. Just saying that sometimes it feels like they have a solo option in name only.

I've got a max-level character in Enshrouded with all the top-level legendary drops, and the lowest level dungeon they added was a bitch, even though I vastly outleveled it. And they pulled this poo poo too: the first 90% of the run was fine, and then in the last room, they throw waves of infinite respawn enemies at you non-stop, so your initial time investment and internal gauge of whether or not you can handle it is thrown right out the window in the last room.

There was a gimmick to the fight that can make it shorter, but you don't know that going in. I wound up bum-rushing the final room, grabbing the loot, and dipping out, and have no intention of trying the other three.

And the combat in Enshrouded is hardly engaging and robust, the game isn't really built around combat, or if it is, it's done badly.

That said I think the game is lots of fun, and if you ignore that specific set of optional dungeons (which I think only award some cosmetic base customizations) the rest of the game is cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A great thing about a lot of survival crafters is you have a lot of ability to change the settings to suit what you want. You can a chill hang game without needing to eat and drink a lot and enemies are fairly weak? Sure. If you want to be near death at every moment and its a constant fight for survival? Yea you can do that.

A lot of the new ones don't have that much control, but I assume they'll eventually let you adjust difficulty?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The cool thing about Sons of the Forest is that you can avoid escalating conflict with the canibals both by picking your site carefully and by just not being aggressive. You're still not safe, because the wilderness is a dangerous place, but violence begets violence.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Black Griffon posted:

The cool thing about Sons of the Forest is that you can avoid escalating conflict with the canibals both by picking your site carefully and by just not being aggressive. You're still not safe, because the wilderness is a dangerous place, but violence begets violence.

That's not true anymore and the game is worse for it. Now you have to actively break their camps and kill patrols to keep their aggression down.

The old system was waaaaaay better.
Still a good game, tho.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Well poo poo, hadn't played in a while. Oh well, hopefully they'll keep at it and make the system cool again even though it's at 1.0 now.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Scruffpuff posted:

And the combat in Enshrouded is hardly engaging and robust, the game isn't really built around combat, or if it is, it's done badly.

This is more my problem. Enshrouded is fine solo in the same way that minecraft is fine solo, because the combat is essentially the same. Dark Souls it is not.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

SlyFrog posted:

Yeah, I think that's just the new dungeons though. It's a tiny fraction of the game that you could ignore and still have many many hours of solo fun. It doesn't sound like that's the direction they are taking the whole game or anything, just something for groups of more serious players. The vast majority of videos on YouTube of it is solo players too.
I got 70 plus hours solo (I only ever play solo, like ever, seriously) and I'm pretty low skilled and I didn't feel it was tuned toward groups at all. If I'd put even a little bit of effort into building it would easily taken me over 100 hours. I have no shame in my hovel since nobody sees it heh
Lotta words there for some reason lol

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 31, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so my opinion of breathedge so far, is that the biggest crime is not the bad humor, obnoxious robot character, or quest design, but the ridiculous distance between everything. yea i really love just holding the left stick click in every 30 seconds for 10 minutes while huffin oxygen items to go 2000 meters between waypoints

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

SlyFrog posted:

What's the best open worldish survival game (other than Subnautica, which I loved but finished) purely for solo play?

Like I don't care if the game can handle multiple players, but it needs to be really good solo - I won't be playing with others.

If you don't mind block games, Vintage Story is probably about as good as you're going to get for an accessible open-world survival experience. It isn't super survival grognardy where youre managing your piss meters and your vitamin meters and all that crap, but temperature & climate affect you to some degree, gathering, cooking, and eating various foods benefits you, there's actual seasonality in a way that affects gameplay, and building up a home with a farm and animals and all the other accoutrements feels like an accomplishment without being an excessive grind.

The drawback is that there is very little narrative or story in the vanilla game, but there are tons of mods out there too if you feel like experimenting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spanish Matlock posted:

This is more my problem. Enshrouded is fine solo in the same way that minecraft is fine solo, because the combat is essentially the same. Dark Souls it is not.

Yea, blocking does not work half the time, and its clear you're intended to block because it staggers enemies. best I can do is just have a bunch of health potions and hope i can run away from enemies. Its the one thing I'm not a huge fan of, locking progression behind bosses in a game where combat is bough fairly though and kinda bad.

Also, 7 Days solo is totally manageable as you can alter pretty much every aspect of the game to suit a solo player. Also it makes the game super eerie because you are the only living human you encounter, outside of the traders, but they don't wandering around. It really does feel like you're the last human alive.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 31, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I find ranged combat to be far, far easier in Enshrouded because yeah, block/parry feels inconsistent as hell. Especially for boss fights - bow gets you a ton of mobility + fast attacks so you can shoot & move instead of having to channel spells

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Ark is very doable solo, as is Conan. Just turn up harvest rate. Both of them have fairly granular settings as well so you can refine difficulty.

twistedmentat posted:

Also, 7 Days solo is totally manageable as you can alter pretty much every aspect of the game to suit a solo player. Also it makes the game super eerie because you are the only living human you encounter, outside of the traders, but they don't wandering around. It really does feel like you're the last human alive.
I love 7DTD and that "oh god I'm alone" feeling eventually makes me drop a playthrough because once you've got a good horde setup there's not much else to do, where doing dumb poo poo with friends can keep it going.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Ark is very doable solo, as is Conan. Just turn up harvest rate. Both of them have fairly granular settings as well so you can refine difficulty.

Notably, Ark is doable solo but without other people the world is extremely dead. My friends and I did a private server with just the three of us and I think we made it to taming wyverns before we were just like "But why are we doing any of this?" Like, once you have an argentavis you've beaten the survival part of the game basically.

Conan at least has some cool POIs, dungeons, and world bosses to gently caress around with

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Spanish Matlock posted:

Notably, Ark is doable solo but without other people the world is extremely dead. My friends and I did a private server with just the three of us and I think we made it to taming wyverns before we were just like "But why are we doing any of this?" Like, once you have an argentavis you've beaten the survival part of the game basically.

Conan at least has some cool POIs, dungeons, and world bosses to gently caress around with
Yeah, for me that's pretty much any survival game though. I get plenty of hours out of them but at some point I'm always like "ugh I wish my friends would play with me." Unfortunately none of them are into the survival genre.

Both Ark and Conan have forcible friending and the dinos/thralls are fun to run around with but outside of the big world bosses neither game is particularly "deep." Still fun to mess around in, and usually I'll drop them for a few months and pick them back up.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, blocking does not work half the time, and its clear you're intended to block because it staggers enemies. best I can do is just have a bunch of health potions and hope i can run away from enemies.

I thought it was just me, but it's been my finding as well. Many times I know drat well I put the shield up, but it just doesn't come up. I can't replicate it outside of combat.

Now my big move as an archer (particularly for the poison dual-wielding fast as gently caress enemies) is to wait until they close, dodge roll backwards, arrow to the head while they swing at empty air, rinse/repeat.

This does not work against groups, however.

And even though sure, arrow crafting costs are down, I still am playing the only build that has to grind to fight.

And where the hell are all the Revelwoods shrines? I've gone to every one of them several times apiece, including the unmarked one in the blocked off cave, and I'm not getting the achievement for any area except the Springlands.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is anyone playing Fallout 76?
I'll admit that the upcoming show piqued my interest and I got a free copy a while back.
It seems... fine? Kinda like a single player game where you see other folks running around from time to time.

I loooove base building and did a metric shitload of it in FO4, even though building in that game didn't DO much. The actual building system is the same, warts and all, but it feels oddly nostalgic to me.

Mostly waiting to get back in to Enshrouded in a few months and the survival itch came back hard.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Inzombiac posted:

Is anyone playing Fallout 76?
I'll admit that the upcoming show piqued my interest and I got a free copy a while back.
It seems... fine? Kinda like a single player game where you see other folks running around from time to time.

I loooove base building and did a metric shitload of it in FO4, even though building in that game didn't DO much. The actual building system is the same, warts and all, but it feels oddly nostalgic to me.

Mostly waiting to get back in to Enshrouded in a few months and the survival itch came back hard.

I'd say Fallout 76 is almost a chill hang survival game. Because of the weird way servers work, you'll run into new people constantly while playing and you can see some really inventive bases. I kept mine all in a house because where i settled was a popular spot and i'd have to replace my base half the time I logged in. so it was easier to just have it all in one building to move around. If i had one complaint there is sooooooo much stuff to collect in the game, and I don't just mean empty nuka cola bottles and brooms, but decorations and armor and weapons and such, that its really hard to choose what you want to keep and what to toss. Even if you just have a few weapons for various situations, you start running out of space fast. I know this is to keep the servers from exploding, but still, give us entirely new sets of cool stuff to play with but we can only ever use a fraction of it because we need all these crafting stations and weapons, resources, ammo and at least 2 suits of power arrmor (one for combat, the other for mining) you get left with like 12% of your allotment to actually play with.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
Not sure how many other people here have delved into using modlists for heavily modded Fallout 4 but I recently went through a somewhat janky process using the Fallout Anomaly modlist in Wabbajack and gotta say I'm so far quite impressed. It's really made this into an entirely different game focused on survival while still including all the RPG elements in the original (plus all sort of added content).

Only downsides are:

- full modlist requires 350GB (!) of storage because the modlist app (Wabbajack) essentially duplicates the mod files, so while its 150GB worth of mods, the app has to "install" them by decompressing and copying them into a separate folder.
- The way Wabbajack works is you don't download packaged mod files, instead it essentially just automates opening up the download screen to each Nexus mod that the modlist creator has tested and added to their modlist. So unless you have Nexus premium subscription, you have to sit there and click through approximately 940 different mods. Luckily someone has made an app which scans your screen and autoclicks it for you, but it ended up downloading the files twice for me for some reason so, very janky. No idea why Wabbajack can't just download the file itself but I'm guessing Nexus feature flags that API for the subscription $$$

This is my second run-through of modded Fallout 4 (previously played the Frost overhaul which is probably the most extreme survival modlist for FO4) and pretty cool so far.

Comes with a handy Mod Organizer tool so you can remove specific mods you don't like (though most of these mods have really indepth setting config so, for example I hated the new pseudo-industrial "combat" music added so I turned that off).

Oysters Autobio fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 4, 2024

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Big Palworld update today, includes a raid boss and a lot of good QOL changes including:

- a pet passive and a player ring that prevents them from bringing an enemy under 1 hp (so you can capture)
- multiclimate undershirt to protect against both heat and cold
- ore mine for the base
- electric egg incubator that keeps them at the right temp
- can produce pal fluids and high quality pal oil at the ranch
- while aiming a sphere, it will now display how many of the target Pal has already been captured
- allow/disallow certain work for base Pals at the Monitoring Stand
- chest filters have been added. Select item types to allow or disallow inside chests
- crafted items are now transported from crafting facilities. Selecting "allow transport" when crafting will result in Pals transporting those items to chests when finished

full patch notes: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1623730/view/4165340162543998798?l=english

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Dishwashing Simulator

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257011603/movie480_vp9.webm

quote:

Experience the unexpected thrill of a house-hold chore in the latest next generation AAAAA simulation experience: Dishwashing Simulator. New ground has been broken in the simulation genre, with a never seen before level of detail in the act of Washing Dishes. Explore a simulated world where every dish matters and survival hinges on your ability to keep things clean. Navigate through a twisted cycle of chores, rewards, and mysteries, as you uncover secrets behind your menial tasks.

Immerse yourself in a unique emergent simulation experience, where detailed gameplay mechanics interact in unpredictable ways.
Engage in an immersive physical interaction system that breaks the barriers of conventional gameplay.
Uncover the secrets of "The Depths", a procedurally generated realm of resources and dream-like encounters.
Construct your base and production line, optimizing your dishwashing operations.
Navigate through a living survival environment, managing food, water, and agriculture.
Choose your pathway and upgrade your stats, tailoring the experience to your playstyle.
Unravel a cryptic narrative that keeps you questioning your purpose and reality.

In Dishwashing Simulator, washing dishes is not just a chore, it's your existence, a puzzle to solve, and a journey to freedom. Don't be fooled by the suds and bubbles, there's more beneath the surface than you'd expect.

$6.49 on launch discount. I haven't played it yet, but I watched a stream of about an hour of it today and it looks interesting enough for me to buy for the price.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

what the gently caress did I just watch in that trailer

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Evil Kit posted:

what the gently caress did I just watch in that trailer

dishwashing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I built a stone house in Icarus and fully moved in, turning my old wooden one into a farm. Though my big issue to leveling up to unlock new techs. There's only so many horses, deer and wolves to kill, and I don't think the good resources respawn?

This is why I wish all these kinds of games had server settings to change to take some of the tedium out of playing solo, so you can just crank the xp gain so you don't have to wander around, hunting xp to get to the fun stuff.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
just shoot & skin every wolf you see until you max out. Takes 1 stealth headshot. boars/cougars/hyenas etc pretty good, large deer aren't terrible but you can skip the smaller stuff. Buffalo are great once you can 1-2 shot them and have a knife to skin them with (I usually just go straight to steel from stone since caves almost always have some coal, too). Just do mass animal murder with a longbow and bone arrows and it won't take too long to max.

edit: and yeah it's pretty tedious & dumb

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

twistedmentat posted:

I built a stone house in Icarus and fully moved in, turning my old wooden one into a farm. Though my big issue to leveling up to unlock new techs. There's only so many horses, deer and wolves to kill, and I don't think the good resources respawn?

This is why I wish all these kinds of games had server settings to change to take some of the tedium out of playing solo, so you can just crank the xp gain so you don't have to wander around, hunting xp to get to the fun stuff.
Things like ores do respawn, but you have to use a thumper to do it. Unlock in the crafting tree, and within it's (rather large) radius, any nodes will come back.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Once Human has its final 42 day beta just starting. They are supposedly open until 150,000 get in, or tomorrow, idk they are a bit confusing tbh.
I played a good 120 hours on the last beta and really liked it. They have made some great changes from what I've seen in the first few hours today.
It's a bit of a sprawling concoction of different stuff, and could look a bit janky, but the combat/crafting/building loop hooked me good the last time.

From what I can glean from the shitshow that their discord is atm, it is still open to new players
https://www.oncehuman.game/

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm only seeing beta sign-ups for the mobile version there I think?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Black Griffon posted:

I'm only seeing beta sign-ups for the mobile version there I think?

You have to use the launcher thing now I think. The link under the Steam wish list thing. It still says pre load or something for some reason.
This is it I think. It's actually a loader thing called "Loading Bay" just to cause more confusion lol
https://adl.easebar.com/d/g/oncehuman/c/gwcbt3

I think you just have to crate a character before the cut-off

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 5, 2024

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

idiotsavant posted:

just shoot & skin every wolf you see until you max out. Takes 1 stealth headshot. boars/cougars/hyenas etc pretty good, large deer aren't terrible but you can skip the smaller stuff. Buffalo are great once you can 1-2 shot them and have a knife to skin them with (I usually just go straight to steel from stone since caves almost always have some coal, too). Just do mass animal murder with a longbow and bone arrows and it won't take too long to max.

edit: and yeah it's pretty tedious & dumb

Thats kind of been what I've been doing. Killing a deer and leaving the corpse there is a good way to attract wolves. I need to go exploring again but every time I have i've gotten caught in hail or some other heavy weather event. I need to unlock the mounts and capture a baby horse.

Once human looks neat but I kind of worry its heavily quest based, which is kind of turning me off of Nightingale. Trying to figure out what exactly i need to do in order to complete these quests that lock new crafting stuff behind them is a bit much. I do really love the weird monsters I've seen in the demos and trailers.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

Once human looks neat but I kind of worry its heavily quest based, which is kind of turning me off of Nightingale. Trying to figure out what exactly i need to do in order to complete these quests that lock new crafting stuff behind them is a bit much. I do really love the weird monsters I've seen in the demos and trailers.

It does have that aspect, but it is orders of magnitude less so than Nightingale imo. I bounced off of that so hard for mainly that reason (along with qol crafting) I really wanted to like it too. Hopefully I'll like it in a year or so, I hope so.

The basic quests just sort of unlock and give you some stuff naturally as you progress really, rather than being blockades to progress. I had been playing for dozens of hours the last time before I even discovered all the stuff I could claim for just playing through naturally. I meant, there is the usual survival progression thing, but I never felt constrained by it. There's just gently caress-loads to do.
Same with the "season" stuff. It was (maybe still is, idk) not really that clearly explained, so I was almost max level, and again had all this stuff that I'd achieved without knowing, just sitting in a different page or tab or whatever. At the very end, maybe the last week, I did start to check stuff off, but only because I was running out of stuff to do.
I didn't do guild related stuff (solo all the way me) or do any PvP (very low skilled player me), and compared to some others, my base was, erm, rudimentary to say the least.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

YerDa Zabam posted:

You have to use the launcher thing now I think. The link under the Steam wish list thing. It still says pre load or something for some reason.
This is it I think. It's actually a loader thing called "Loading Bay" just to cause more confusion lol
https://adl.easebar.com/d/g/oncehuman/c/gwcbt3

I think you just have to crate a character before the cut-off

Right oh, made a default looking character and played for a minute before work. Can I make several characters?

Feels like Control Stranding just from the initial vibes tbh.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

YerDa Zabam posted:

Once Human has its final 42 day beta just starting. They are supposedly open until 150,000 get in, or tomorrow, idk they are a bit confusing tbh.
I played a good 120 hours on the last beta and really liked it. They have made some great changes from what I've seen in the first few hours today.
It's a bit of a sprawling concoction of different stuff, and could look a bit janky, but the combat/crafting/building loop hooked me good the last time.

From what I can glean from the shitshow that their discord is atm, it is still open to new players
https://www.oncehuman.game/
It looks cool, but I might wait till it's on full release and out of growing pains. Did they say when the estimated release was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

It looks cool, but I might wait till it's on full release and out of growing pains. Did they say when the estimated release was?

Q3 supposedly. Seems like it'll probably be on time as well. Full release as well, I think they could have released even the first beta as early access and it would have been acceptable.
I'm not sure I'll play as much this time even though they have made a load of improvements, but mainly as it will be a full wipe again and I don't want do do that again tbh.

Black Griffon posted:

Right oh, made a default looking character and played for a minute before work. Can I make several characters?

Feels like Control Stranding just from the initial vibes tbh.

Hmm, good question. I don't think so. Well, you can make more on different servers maybe, but the progress will be separate, so I don't think you'd want to. I could be wrong though, so don't take it as gospel.