Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
As a counterpoint, I really enjoyed getting my head around Green Hell in singleplayer while starting on the hardest difficulty, and that was not easy at all. The game strikes a great balance in terms of priming you to figure out what's what and how to do things while still leaving you to do the work. It starts off feeling brutal and unfair, and then feels really rewarding once you get the hang of it and turn into a jungle prowling badass.

If that kind of thing is your bag, do yourself a big favor and don't read a wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
BTW if anyone missed it, The Long Dark has a seasonal event going. Global -10 degree C temp drop, more blizzards, and maple syrup and ketchup chips available.

I guess the poutine will have to wait until some later episodes in the story.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Iirc a wiki or something like that indicated you can use a wooden shovel as a paddle when it’s not currently the case. I’m sure I almost lost a character a few months ago because I cut it too close with my early supplies and that mistake caused a failure cascade.