Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Done and done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

And if you're my BIFfer, Do Not Send It Signature Required. xoxo.

I put a line down below my address requesting that too!

But yes totally agree with letting us post BA/RB/Untappd links.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Give it through the weekend! People may just be busy during the week.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Whoops should be ok now!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

crazyfish posted:

I imagine it's more to keep someone from just walking to the store and buying a six pack and throwing it a box and calling it a day.

Bingo. Part of the reason for the rule is because someone sent me a 4 pack of Sofie in the first BIF. (GI is available in Texas and they clearly didn't take the time to look)

Catfish Noodlin sends kickass boxes anyway :radcat:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

nosleep posted:

The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy.

Walk into Arrowine and have a field day. To be honest the sours will likely overlap from what I remember seeing at shops at both cities. Get their untappd info to see what they've tried. It's not a big deal to only send a few bottles, hitting the limit is what counts really.

Love Child 4 flew off shelves pretty quick in Chicago if you want a quick protip.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just realized I have a PM, out of town til the end of the week but I'll have beer on the way next week.

Edit: do we identify ourselves to our giftee, or is this a Secret Santa type endeavor? I'm fine either way, just curious.

Your call to make whether or not you want to reach out. I typically end up doing so to double check address info, figure out if there's anything specific I should know about shipping to them and other logistic type communication.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

My box is also en route, enjoy!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

swickles posted:

Man, maybe next BIF will be regional themed where people in the same local area team up.

We did talk about that remember :yayclod: but stuff like... I'm the only Texas person who regularly posts, that came up.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

got some Florida love from Apache! that's a Saint Somewhere Saison Athene on the left, a couple of personal hygiene aids on the right, and a gang of good-looking CCB stuff in the middle that i've never had before. thanks, dude- the cans are in the fridge already!

oh, and if anyone's scratching their head, i asked to not get IPAs.

(not pictured- a homebrew Berliner that was left at work after i opened the package)

drat very nice. That Dan'l Webster is one of my top 10 faves of this year :allears:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I decided to just see how things would go last week before speaking up. Anyway, I haven't gotten a box nor have I heard from my sender.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

lodie posted:

It will be sent out tomorrow morning from Houston. I had posted earlier in the thread asking why you were my BIFee given our distributions. I did get lost in work and emailed Swickles to make sure that you were still my BIFee after no further update and the only response I got was asking if I had sent the package yet (yesterday).

I'm going to Houston this weekend actually and if you happen to see this, PM me if you wanna meet up in person to save money on shipping.

e: your box looks like it's from cryme

air- fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Box from Iodie made it.

Buffalo Bayou: 1836, More Cowbell, Gingerbread Stout
St. Arnold: Endeavour, Boiler Room, DR14, BB3
Prairie Bomb
Growler of Texian Charlie Foxtrot

• Locked thread