Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
OK, so...I'm a bad, terrible laptop owner. My laptop has tons and tons of hair, dandruff, and other assorted detritus covering the keyboard, the speakers, the touchpad, and so forth.

A while ago, I had a brush thing my mom got from PriceWaterhouseCoopers at a real estate thing - one of those trade show things companies give out. It was meant for, and great at, brushing all the crud from my laptop. Unfortunately, somewhere along my travels it disappeared, and my laptop has over the months since gotten all gunky and cruddy again.

I'm not sure how to look for one on Google, though, 'retractable brush thing' being a bit too non-specific.

Anyway, how *should* I clean my laptop of gunk and crud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Alternatively, if you can remove the keyboard, you can bat it gently against a hard surface to shake out crud.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Would that my dog would do that. It'd make life easier. :P

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I was expecting Keyboard Goop V2

Just go to bestbuy and buy a can of air, it will get a bunch of junk out of the keyboard

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Cute-Animals-Keyboard-Brush-Retractable-Computer-Brush-Desktop-Cleaning-/310788557520

also if you do actually search "retractable keyboard brush" you will find it because there are millions of them. Finding one not in a 300 pack will take a tiny bit more effort, but its not going to be hard. Some are like $1 too

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
....I feel dumb now.

(Edit: Actually, no, I don't. Is it even *possible* to order these things in quantities of less than, uh, 1000?)

Spacewolf fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 7, 2014

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/22728375?...0599990&veh=sem

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I was expecting Keyboard Goop V2

That's why I opened at the last post and scrolled up. I can't take that risk twice.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I like using the crappy complimentary dental visit toothbrushes to get any sort of solid detritus off. For the rest, acetone and vacuuming works wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
And found it. OK, thanks everybody.

• Locked thread