Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Majora's Mask is the best because

1. Goron rolling
2. The Deku princess
3. There's a potion that gives you infinite magic
4. Infinite magic + Goron rolling
5. :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
OoT link was a stupid bitch because in TP he says he died alone with no children, he shoulda been tapping that farm girl rear end like no tomorrow.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

1. Goron rolling
2. The Deku princess
3. There's a potion that gives you infinite magic
5. :page3:

It's all about the toilet at the inn where you get a free fisting if you're going at the right time of day

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

SeXReX posted:

It's all about the toilet at the inn where you get a free fisting if you're going at the right time of day

joke's on you that was in skyward sword too

e: please know that i am not condoning the promotion of skyward sword over majora's mask. i may be dumb for liking ss but i'm not a fuckoff moron for liking it more than mm.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

The Taint Reaper posted:

Link's Awakening is the first game to feature Marin, marin is also known as malon.

Are you retarded?

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

SeXReX posted:

Case zero of The Bendyman???

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hoodrich posted:

Are you retarded?

It's true, shall we break down Japanese phonics so your fragile little mind can take it?

*throws Zelda continuity on the ground and breaks into a million little pieces*

Dec 26, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

Are you retarded?

he is

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Marin red headed girl who lives with heavy set mustached dad in overhauls

Malon red headed girl who lives with heavy set mustached dad in overhauls

Romani and Cremia are also Malon.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

how the gently caress did I never think of this

I've done that race like a dozen times without it

what a cool game

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i have link to the past on my phone but i keep getting stbbed by sword guys right in the beginning

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

skyward sword is actually a really great game. skyward sword gave zelda a personality we haven't seen before since wind waker, and i would even argue that it far surpasses wind waker zelda/teta in terms of likableness because i, link, really cared for her and wanted to save her. early on in the game you could just "feel" a connection between the two. link and zelda were friends but more than that. they both cared for each other for each other dearly and i found it cute and sweet and finally a video game does the term love right. i was also very glad there wasn't any voice acting because i think it would have killed the move or even the chemistry between the two. i was left to my own devices, my own imagination, to set the tone of each reaction. every gasp, grunt, or moan, i was able to determine the tone and it really worked out nicely.

i didn't really mind the whole fi baby sitting thing. like, as a character fi is interesting, unique, and sometimes funny. i always got a chuckle when she would tell me the probabilities of finding zelda, or surviving a boss battle or maybe it's because i am a numbers kind of guy. i will say that despite what people think of fi her emotional farewell was pretty great. imagine a character with no emotion at all, yet fills you with emotion when it is time to say goodbye. probably the most emotional ending of any zelda game was saying goodbye to fi.

very happy that there was a stamina meter in the game so link could sprint all over the place. don't know why it took so long to be implemented but it was great playing a 3D zelda game where you didn't have to constantly roll to get from point A to point B faster. i also say from link between worlds they included a stamina bar as well. i can definitely see some sort of stamina bar in other future zelda games. the stamina bar is here to stay and thanks to skyward sword for introducing it.

upgrading your items was fun and new as well. usually with upgrades you just talk to fairies or throw items into a magical pond but i really liked how you could upgrade your items through things you collect throughout the world. i had to actually make an effort to improve my seed or bombs capacity and it felt really good and fun. the seed pouch not so much but it was always useful to have an additional 10 bombs in your inventory.

my only two problems with the game were:
always telling my what item/rupee i collected
no boomerang. boomerangs are a staple in the zelda franchise and was disappointed that there wasn't one in skyward sword. don't start this poo poo nintendo. i expect to see boomerangs back in the next one or i won't play it (who am i kidding?).

so yeah, i liked skyward sword. motion controls were alright, items were cool, item upgrades even better, funny moments (groose) and a sad, yet happy ending (fi is asleep but link and zelda can establish future hyrule and also be together, finally). good genesis tale.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Anime Device posted:

skyward sword is actually a really great game. skyward sword gave zelda a personality we haven't seen before since wind waker, and i would even argue that it far surpasses wind waker zelda/teta in terms of likableness because i, link, really cared for her and wanted to save her. early on in the game you could just "feel" a connection between the two. link and zelda were friends but more than that. they both cared for each other for each other dearly and i found it cute and sweet and finally a video game does the term love right. i was also very glad there wasn't any voice acting because i think it would have killed the move or even the chemistry between the two. i was left to my own devices, my own imagination, to set the tone of each reaction. every gasp, grunt, or moan, i was able to determine the tone and it really worked out nicely.

i didn't really mind the whole fi baby sitting thing. like, as a character fi is interesting, unique, and sometimes funny. i always got a chuckle when she would tell me the probabilities of finding zelda, or surviving a boss battle or maybe it's because i am a numbers kind of guy. i will say that despite what people think of fi her emotional farewell was pretty great. imagine a character with no emotion at all, yet fills you with emotion when it is time to say goodbye. probably the most emotional ending of any zelda game was saying goodbye to fi.

very happy that there was a stamina meter in the game so link could sprint all over the place. don't know why it took so long to be implemented but it was great playing a 3D zelda game where you didn't have to constantly roll to get from point A to point B faster. i also say from link between worlds they included a stamina bar as well. i can definitely see some sort of stamina bar in other future zelda games. the stamina bar is here to stay and thanks to skyward sword for introducing it.

upgrading your items was fun and new as well. usually with upgrades you just talk to fairies or throw items into a magical pond but i really liked how you could upgrade your items through things you collect throughout the world. i had to actually make an effort to improve my seed or bombs capacity and it felt really good and fun. the seed pouch not so much but it was always useful to have an additional 10 bombs in your inventory.

no boomerang. boomerangs are a staple in the zelda franchise and was disappointed that there wasn't one in skyward sword. don't start this poo poo nintendo. i expect to see boomerangs back in the next one or i won't play it (who am i kidding?).

so yeah, i liked skyward sword. motion controls were alright, items were cool, item upgrades even better, funny moments (groose) and a sad, yet happy ending (fi is asleep but link and zelda can establish future hyrule and also be together, finally). good genesis tale.

lol

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Anime Device posted:

read every word and appreciated it unironically

ty, I should play this before classes start again

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Liquid Penguins posted:

how the gently caress did I never think of this

I've done that race like a dozen times without it

what a cool game

saw someone fight gohma in oot and used deku nuts to stun it. never knew you could do that.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Anime Device posted:

very happy that there was a stamina meter in the game

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its kinda weird when fi pops out and does interpretive dance routines around the room for no reason after boss fights.

Dec 26, 2012

Anime Device posted:

i see

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
nothing makes me happier than a stamina meter

i mean, i want to run, but all the time?

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FatSToeahHI

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

jigokuman posted:

it makes the fight against the giant black scalely thing tricky

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
game would've been 100% better if ghirahim was just the main villain instead of Demise.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
What kind of an idiot name for an end boss is that anyway.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
ive got a skyward sword

in my pants :heysexy:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This game has some big problems, but overall I think that it is good, and I liked playing it. Thank you for listening to my opinion.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I just don't know how to feel about people not liking Link's Awakening.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhh, right. The only cool thing about this game is the Back in Time glitch and how sexy Impa is in it. Farewell.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

jigokuman posted:

Are you kidding me?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, right. The only cool thing about this game is the Back in Time glitch and how sexy Impa is in it. Farewell.

Impa's sexyness makes Nintendo exceedingly epic.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Borsche69 posted:

Impa's sexyness makes Nintendo exceedingly epic.
:mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm::mmmhmm:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i liked phantom hourglass and spirit tracks fight me

Soral
May 30, 2009

groose and linebeck are top tier nintendo characters

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
groose isn't enough to excuse the poo poo game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Abandon posted:

groose isn't enough to excuse the poo poo game.

Sexy Impa is.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
nintendo characters turn out to be really cool if you actually give them a personality

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Link helps Link with Eggman tattoo up from a tumble.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
pingas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Tags

? anal 37147