Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's a lot of weird stuff to split from, since bud was written as the only equal to esdeath.

Wave has been teetering forever, though ironically turning in the anise because there was no wild arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Okay, so nothing big happened, just the main character dying. Of all the characters for this show to kill off, Tatsumi did not seem likely.

Next episode is going to be the last one. Akame vs Esdeath should only really go one way, but recent episodes have too much of the "This isn't even my final form!", so I'm looking forward to the contrivance that lets Akame win

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Tae posted:

It's a lot of weird stuff to split from, since bud was written as the only equal to esdeath.

Wave has been teetering forever, though ironically turning in the anise because there was no wild arc.

Wave has been team-rocketed the whole time because in all likelihood he is ludicrously powerful and would wreck things too much. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is intentionally saving that up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, Wave has been in the manga as a more refined and powerful Tatsumi, except Tatsumi just showed he can counter Esdeath's (1st) ultimate technique so...gently caress who knows.

Akame was created solely to end any villain because her sword is a bullshit one-touch kill. Akame is going to prick her finger on it somehow and the show ends.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Did they get somebody from Gainax or Trigger to direct this episode or something? I started noticing things around wtih the way the emperor looked when he was yelling, then it kept going with the TTGL-style Kamina dream chat, then just straight up Incursio rising up behind Tatsumi, cross-armed like a Buster Machine, and on and on and on. It's awesome, I love it, but it's really way too different from the rest of the series.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Okay, so nothing big happened, just the main character dying. Of all the characters for this show to kill off, Tatsumi did not seem likely.

Next episode is going to be the last one. Akame vs Esdeath should only really go one way, but recent episodes have too much of the "This isn't even my final form!", so I'm looking forward to the contrivance that lets Akame win

Well, going by the preview it seems her teigu has a trump card. My guess is she kills Esdeath but using it kills her as well.

Prince of Failure
Mar 3, 2008
Goddamn I enjoyed everything they adapted from the manga but this is just terrible. Some characters are changed so heavily (budo) that they don't even resemble the characters in the manga. Mine dying was stupid. Omitting the Esdeath church fight was stupid. I didn't mind skipping wild hunt because they're a bunch of grotesque assholes but it sure throws everything off balance. The anime only deaths also don't have half the impact the deaths in the manga have. It's just missing the raw brutality that makes the manga so horrible/enjoyable to read

The legendary teigu is a giant mecha, Tatsumi is a flying dragon. Sure they are. It's nice and all but it has nothing to with Akame ga Kiru

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I felt bad for the emperor. Poor kid, manipulated to the end (it's not even over?).

next ep preview spoiler:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I expect her to cut herself with her sword and go super saiyan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am not going to bother watching that episode tell me everyone who died in that episode.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am not going to bother watching that episode tell me everyone who died in that episode.

It's a p. good episode you should.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tatsumi and maybe the emperor. I think. Minister still lives.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Tatsumi and maybe the emperor. I think. Minister still lives.

Tatsumi is the only one to die in the episode, everyone else is either still alive or injured.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I wholly support the new protagonist Grand Chariot Wave!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Well, the storyboard for the last episode's been leaked. Get it together, White Fox!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So the author apparently tweeted that the anime crew didn't talk at all about story ideas for the last 7 episodes, so I guess there's that small nugget.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Tae posted:

So the author apparently tweeted that the anime crew didn't talk at all about story ideas for the last 7 episodes, so I guess there's that small nugget.

Said author also left the anime production sometime during the first half of the series to go work on Yuki Yuna and the new VN he's writing for Minatosoft.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tae posted:

Maybe they should have just fallowed the manga or not have sped through the material they were given or aim for a 2nd season. Lots of stuff they could have done.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe they should have just fallowed the manga or not have sped through the material they were given or aim for a 2nd season. Lots of stuff they could have done.

They couldn't even get 26 episodes, there never would have been a second season. I don't get why people are so upset about the ending. It's pretty good and seems to be wrapping up all of the dangling plot threads. Only real bad episode was the Shura one.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Genocyber posted:

They couldn't even get 26 episodes, there never would have been a second season. I don't get why people are so upset about the ending. It's pretty good and seems to be wrapping up all of the dangling plot threads. Only real bad episode was the Shura one.
They skipped about 15-20 chapters of the manga, there was a ton of material there, White Fox just decided to not adapt it. They could've ended this season at the resolution of the Wild Hunt arc, and in a year's time there'd be a whole bunch more stuff to adapt. Probably not another 24-26 episodes worth, but at least another one-cour series.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The content skipped was mostly utter poo poo though.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is the manga popular enough that there might a Akame ga Kill: Sisterhood a couple of years later?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bholder posted:

Is the manga popular enough that there might a Akame ga Kill: Sisterhood a couple of years later?

Extremely doubtful.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

They skipped about 15-20 chapters of the manga, there was a ton of material there, White Fox just decided to not adapt it. They could've ended this season at the resolution of the Wild Hunt arc, and in a year's time there'd be a whole bunch more stuff to adapt. Probably not another 24-26 episodes worth, but at least another one-cour series.

Except getting a second season (that's anything but right after the first) pretty much never happens with anything other than the most popular series. It was never going to get a second season so they made due with what they had, and they did a pretty good job.

Not to mention that, as said above, the Wild Hunt stuff was boring. It resulted in some decent characterization of Run, Kurome, and Wave, but Wild Hunt themselves were literally just nameless mooks that happened to have actual names/unique designs, all being murderous-rapists who got killed off in like a single chapter.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
There is one guy in Wild Hunt whose personality gimmick can be summed up as "Not a rapist" and that tells you all you need to know about Wild Hunt.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alopex posted:

There is one guy in Wild Hunt whose personality gimmick can be summed up as "Not a rapist" and that tells you all you need to know about Wild Hunt.

Two, technically. The other being the cannibalistic alchemist lady, so not much better.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Genocyber posted:

Two, technically. The other being the cannibalistic alchemist lady, so not much better.

That used to be accurate, but sucking Tatsumi's blood made her hit puberty so she tried to rape him in prison with that other girl.

It's almost enough to make me wish we had Stylish back - he gave off some pretty creepy vibes but in hindsight he didn't really do anything with that beyond creating an army of leather-clad furries. The good old days, when the Jaegars were the worst people in the show for doing things like burning children to death or burying 400 thousand people alive.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alopex posted:

That used to be accurate, but sucking Tatsumi's blood made her hit puberty so she tried to rape him in prison with that other girl.

It's almost enough to make me wish we had Stylish back - he gave off some pretty creepy vibes but in hindsight he didn't really do anything with that beyond creating an army of leather-clad furries. The good old days, when the Jaegars were the worst people in the show for doing things like burning children to death or burying 400 thousand people alive.

I completely forgot about that. That in itself speaks volumes about the quality I guess. :v:

The Jaegers were good. They were complete psychos, but they all had something to their character and most were/are at least a bit sympathetic.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I completely forgot about that. That in itself speaks volumes about the quality I guess. :v:

The Jaegers were good. They were complete psychos, but they all had something to their character and most were/are at least a bit sympathetic.

One of the jaegers was a Kind hearted, 9 to 5, family man with a loving wife. Nuff said. :colbert:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Bholder posted:

There's AgK: Zero which is all about Akame and Kurome when they first became assassins for the Empire. Close enough to what you're after?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HiveCommander posted:

There's AgK: Zero which is all about Akame and Kurome when they first became assassins for the Empire. Close enough to what you're after?

That's not what he meant. He was referring to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood which was the 2nd FML series. The 1st one was made before the manga was over and had an anime original ending, while the 2nd one followed the manga's story.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Right, that makes sense. Anyway, AgK:Z exists and people should check it out.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Bors' family got a happy-ish ending, so that's at least good :unsmith:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That was a very good final episode.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I stuck with the anime for about 5 or 6 episodes and kind of forgot about it for the most part, is it worth binge-watching now that it's done?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Good finale but :(

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I stuck with the anime for about 5 or 6 episodes and kind of forgot about it for the most part, is it worth binge-watching now that it's done?

It's pretty entertaining violent action schlock. If you like that definitely watch it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nahxela posted:

Bors' family got a happy-ish ending, so that's at least good :unsmith:

Their ending in the manga is...not so happy (I haven't seen the anime and am assuming you're not being sarcastic and they actually gave them a good ending in it).

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm gonna shoot from the hip here. Zvezda meets Berserk sounds like an anime where the kids aren't just naked, they're also loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Read posted:

Good finale but :(

The biggest kick in the nuts is that none of these characters will ever be known to the public. They are probably the most influential players in the entire scheme of things, and they don't even get so much as a rumor to their names.

• Locked thread