Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

lets just pretend we're posting in a thread where the op was this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
all sequels are just derivative homages to the originals, it's a real crowd-pleaser

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

SymfonyMan posted:

This thread doesn't work because it's a non controversial opinion. EVERYONE thinks that the first movie was the best (you aren't a real person if you think other-wise). The first was a clever take on the classic spy genre while the sequels were wackiness tied up in fart humor.

That's actually the working title for pre-production of part 4,

Austin Powers 4: More Farts

Agreed.

So the more pertinent question is: When did Michael Meyers stop being funny?

I'm sure we can all name a handful of people that were once funny, then seemingly suddenly, stopped being funny. Like Michael Meyers.

What happened?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Agreed.

So the more pertinent question is: When did Michael Meyers stop being funny?

I'm sure we can all name a handful of people that were once funny, then seemingly suddenly, stopped being funny. Like Michael Meyers.

What happened?

around 2002. maybe earlier. Meyers got alot of money to make bad movies.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
He probably got carried away. Everyone tells you you're a comic genius and then you believe it, and then you REALLY believe it, and then you go all Vince Vaughn and think you're invincible

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kyrie eleison posted:

all sequels are just derivative homages to the originals, it's a real crowd-pleaser

explain aliens then smart guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Cream_Filling posted:

explain aliens then smart guy

I'd clarify that comment with "Comedy sequels".

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
op is a loving retard, second one is best, followed by first third is poo poo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of an Austin Powers movie with Kevin Spacey as Dr. Evil and Danny DeVito as Mini-Me.

pierce brosnan as austin powers since he was a joke bond anyway

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
If you changed like 5 words in the OP this thread could be about Our Man Flint.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gggiiimmmppp posted:

pierce brosnan as austin powers since he was a joke bond anyway

You can't take Goldeneye away from him! At least he wasn't Timothy Dalton.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
they were all pretty funny not every movie has to be a serious contender for the oscars op

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

If you changed like 5 words in the OP this thread could be about Our Man Flint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf_BR1StMxQ

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I actually found all of the Austin Powers movies to be quite funny (was 13 when Goldmember was released sooo) but their #1 problem is that they have absolutely no rewatch value whatsoever. It can be funny for exactly one watch-through, but any further attempts to enjoy it are virtually impossible.

Also I like bad things

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
They're very dated movies that I remember playing really well in the theater. Like the stuff with Mini Me & all the scenes where Dr Evil is explaining his plans all got huge laughs. I remember the scene where Dr. Evil & Mini Me are doing a music video and they're making fun of both the The Island of Dr. Moreau remake & the Will Smith remake of Just the Two of Us that was everywhere Dr. Evil is rapping because you could just start rapping in a movie in pre-9/11 America. I don't think any of that would play well today but at the time it definitely worked.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They're very dated movies that I remember playing really well in the theater. Like the stuff with Mini Me & all the scenes where Dr Evil is explaining his plans all got huge laughs. I remember the scene where Dr. Evil & Mini Me are doing a music video and they're making fun of both the The Island of Dr. Moreau remake & the Will Smith remake of Just the Two of Us that was everywhere Dr. Evil is rapping because you could just start rapping in a movie in pre-9/11 America. I don't think any of that would play well today but at the time it definitely worked.

I'll make it better for $1000000!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the second one was worth it for heather graham

the most right thing that will be said in this thread

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
This was a movie my 10 year old self enjoyed.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

op is a loving retard, second one is best, followed by first third is poo poo

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
3rd one must have been insanely bad because i remember thinking it was poo poo even when i was 13. fart and sex jokes not even a 13 y/o finds funny. yikes

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

screaming steamroller dude is just about the only part I remember from those movies but that bit was pretty good

e: and the 500 point turn in the hallway

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

BUt austin, that IS poo poo

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is this the cum zone, or what?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

gggiiimmmppp posted:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
the love guru was way better

because it killed myers' career

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hahaha, how much money did Austin Powers 2 make again? :D

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

too bad powers doesn't die in the second movie

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I remember everyone at school was saying "shag baby" and "behave!" it was really funny

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Fuckin right.

Also Terminator 2 owned and if you don't agree then Robert Patrick will kill your parents.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

de_dust posted:

oh gently caress i had forgotten about that movie and how utterly awful it was

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that movie looked really bad from the previews and I still haven't seen it to this day even though I liked the Austin Powers movies.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

that movie looked really bad from the previews and I still haven't seen it to this day even though I liked the Austin Powers movies.

i got about 5 minutes in before watching something else instead it really is every bit as poo poo as it looks

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

grope proof vest posted:

Pretty much, Airplane 2 is basically Airplane 1 from an alternate universe.

With William Shatner. :colbert:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I went to walmart to get some cough drops. My throats a little scratchy. I'm wondering if I should have just spent my money on some coffee or a milkshake instead though.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

wild hogs 3 starring dickie roberts, paul blart, zohan, and austin powers

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

when i was a kid my friends loving loved goldmember and would say "smoke and a pancake" constantly in an unfunny accent.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

is that the cum zone?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
probably going to make coffee in a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
Don't remember much of the second film, but Goldmember was by far one of the worst comedy films I've seen.

de_dust posted:

It was bound to happen, he needed a wake up call, now only if Sandler could get one.

• Locked thread