Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think she wants the job. Whoever wins is going to be in a lovely spot with no good options available. Cook County isn't in great shape either but it's much better off than the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Ya'll hearing the latest accusations against Rauner? Literally buying votes to make money off increasing insurance rates on state bonds through lowered ratings.

E: Or, what I've been looking into and posting about for months now.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm really surprised nobody's brought up the Pennsylvania pension system

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm really surprised nobody's brought up the Pennsylvania pension system

I think I did somewhere in this, the midterm, or Israel thread when trying to discuss that Rauner is Nixon with more money. He owns his own warrentless wiretapping corp was not selected for "hhm402-11-r-0114" 'business analytics' corps that goes through shells to Israel, stands to make hundreds of mils, if not low B's on lowering Illinois' bond rating, tried to buy R (and, I have on good personal authority, at least a few D-ino) votes to do so in an earlier leg session, has his campaign intimidate oppo petitioners with firearms, only wants IL Gov to run for higher in '16, and has unlimited funds to blast his own PR.

E:
From the center on budget and tax accountability:

quote:

Moreover, without a change in law, the General Fund deficit will worsen materially in FY2016. That is because the temporary state income tax rate increases passed as part of the Taxpayer Accountability and Budget Stabilization Act of 2011 (TABSA) are scheduled to phase-down, from 5 percent to 3.75 percent for the personal income tax, and from 7 percent to 5.25 percent for the corporate. Both state income tax rates will phase-down commencing on January 1, 2015, which is halfway through the state’s current fiscal year. This means the revenue loss from the rate phase-down is somewhat mitigated this year, as it will only pertain for six months. In FY2016, however, the lower income tax rates will be fully in effect for the whole year, causing significantly greater revenue loss. The net result will be that in FY2016, the state will realize a loss of revenue of around $3 billion from FY2015 levels—on top of the extant $6.5 billion deficit. [Emphasis added.]

Nixon's back, and I was wrong when I said 10B deficit. 10.5B deficit if we elect Rauner. 10.5B with no way to pay, he'll cajole his friends to hold off a downgrade until after he goes for Pres. Why are people considering not voting rather than voting for the anti-Nixon candidate?

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 9, 2014

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry, I know you did, but no big democratic mouthpieces have.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

You think Rauner has Presidential aspirations?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Vice-Presidential, at least.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I wonder if he'll still have his wife doing those "I'm a Democrat, but I'd vote for my own husband!" commercials if he ran for president. Who the hell are those supposed to convince? Are they just to get more airtime for his face?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ya'll hearing the latest accusations against Rauner? Literally buying votes to make money off increasing insurance rates on state bonds through lowered ratings.

E: Or, what I've been looking into and posting about for months now.

I haven't heard about this. Can you link me to the stories? Nothing coming up in Google News.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nixon's back, and I was wrong when I said 10B deficit. 10.5B deficit if we elect Rauner. 10.5B with no way to pay, he'll cajole his friends to hold off a downgrade until after he goes for Pres. Why are people considering not voting rather than voting for the anti-Nixon candidate?

Keeping the tax hike permanent is going to be a struggle no matter who is in power. It's incredibly unpopular. Remember this was sold as a temporary hike to fix the problems in the State. They got that extra revenue and the problem is now worse. No one trusts the current crop of politicians to use that money wisely if it's made permanent.

I also don't see how Rauner would be able to run for President without fixing some of the budget issues in the state. He would get eviscerated in the primary if the deficit grew significantly under his watch. I think Governor is as high as it gets for him, especially considering his age.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
According to the Tribune meeting today, Rauner defended a "sales service" tax, which means high regressive sales taxes are on the way.
By the way, his property tax freeze sounds exactly like California's Proposition 13, which hosed the state's finances for years

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not a fan of regressive sales taxes (especially in Illinois where ours are so high) but it does seem like some of the industries he wants to tax are ones that are primarily used by wealthier individuals. I don't think it'd be terrible to think about taxes on chartered flights and country club memberships.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

As much as Rahm had during his campaign.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I wonder if he'll still have his wife doing those "I'm a Democrat, but I'd vote for my own husband!" commercials if he ran for president. Who the hell are those supposed to convince? Are they just to get more airtime for his face?

White women.

Niwrad posted:

I haven't heard about this. Can you link me to the stories? Nothing coming up in Google News.

http://politics.suntimes.com/article/springfield/quinn-rauner-rip-each-other-pseudo-debate/tue-09092014-1111am

Sun may be biased, at least it ain't the Trib posted:

....snip....

“The only difference between Pat and Rod is the hair,” Rauner said. “Those two are fundamentally the same when it comes to corruption, cronyism and patronage.”

Quinn, meanwhile, accused Rauner of paying off politicians to personally benefit himself, and dodging responsibility for lawsuits lodged against nursing home companies Rauner once owned.

“I think he’s made a fortune off of the misfortune of workers and everyday people,” Quinn said.

“My opponent gave a huge campaign donation to a candidate for governor in Pennsylvania … and in return got a huge investment for his pension fund. That is pay to play. He’s done this not only in Pennsylvania but elsewhere around the country.”

Rauner adamantly denied that and said he had only spoken to former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell about education. He turned the discussion back to Quinn, saying the governor failed to fire political workers who were placed in inappropriate, non-political positions within the Illinois Department of Transportation.

At one point, Quinn tried to shift responsibility to two of his former employees — Sean O’Shea and Jack Lavin — portraying them as the frontmen who made recommendations on hires from the governor’s office

And once again, Quinn turned the tables on Rauner, pointing to the indictment on fraud charges last month of two former employees of a subsidiary to a firm Rauner’s former private equity company helped found.

....snip....

And then it gets ugly:
http://capitolfax.com/2014/09/09/durkin-denies-quinn-buying-votes-claim-about-rauner/

2 mins, give the audio a listen-- https://m.soundcloud.com/wbez/durkin-radogno-speak-to-bruce-rauners-influence-on-pension-vote

House Rep. Leader Durkin and Senate Rep. Leader Radogno speaking to WBEZ. Hear the backtrack they did today? Rauner's got the R's scared of him, expect to see more leaks and surfacings in the future.

E: Takeaway quotes from CapFax; context of the interview is the budget passed in December that shored up IL's bond ratings (and cost Rauner a bit of cash; if anyone is familiar with bond re-insurance rates, PM me)---

Senator Radogno (R) posted:

“Did the Rauner campaign or his allies make this more complicated among your caucuses?” they were asked. Leader Radogno responded “Absolutely, that made it more complicated.”

And when Sen. Radogno (R) was asked why....

The Audio: https://m.soundcloud.com/wbez/durkin-radogno-speak-to-bruce-rauners-influence-on-pension-vote

Senator Radogno (R) posted:

“It’s the political influence. And obviously he’s very wealthy, and so that’s a piece of it, too. I mean, people think about campaign funding. They think about what support they’ll get when they’re running. They think about their own political futures. They think about the people that are around Bruce Rauner and how they relate to them and their campaigns.”

E2: This ain't about tax rates. This is about cash, cash, and NSA contracts. I'd talk more in PM/collaborate on research, not gonna put everything out in public. Still need to calculate the precise amount Rauner stood and stands to earn when the bond ratings go down after '16.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 10, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

That whole "scandal" regarding Quinn and the slush fund is ridiculous, especially when it comes out that Quinns office shut the program down. It's long been suspected that the reason anyone even found out was Quinns office contacted them first. They've been nothing but cooperative. Seriously, Quinn is mainly known for not being a corrupt person.

I've met him about a dozen times and campaign for him, I don't agree with some of his policies but I sure as poo poo don't want a republican in office.

He's also being outspent by the tune of 35 million dollars. The Republicans really loving want Illinois to be a Republican Governor as it's Obamas home state and the few hold out in the mid west.

I am taller than Rahm btw he's kind of short. Sup political gadflies.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 21, 2014

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I've run into Durbin and John Cullerton (Senate majority leader) as well, and they're both short, too. Is Mike Madigan tall? If not, Quinn literally stands head and shoulders above the rest.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The X-man cometh posted:

I've run into Durbin and John Cullerton (Senate majority leader) as well, and they're both short, too. Is Mike Madigan tall? If not, Quinn literally stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Rule 1 of Illinois' House: Don't crack wise about Madigan's stature.

He's dead average height.

E:

Hollismason posted:

That whole "scandal" regarding Quinn and the slush fund is ridiculous, especially when it comes out that Quinns office called the FBI and shut the program down. It's pretty much what they're waiting for as their "election bomb". It's long been suspected that the reason anyone even found out was Quinn leaked it. They've been nothing but cooperative. Seriously, Quinn is mainly known for not being a corrupt person.

I've met him about a dozen times and campaign for him, I don't agree with some of his policies but I sure as poo poo don't want a republican in office.

He's also being outspent by the tune of 35 million dollars. The Republicans really loving want Illinois to be a Republican Governor as it's Obamas home state and the few hold out in the mid west.

I am taller than Rahm btw he's kind of short. Sup political gadflies.

No bull, IDOT is Quinn's gadfly. I've dealt with enough IDOT contracting to know a fix when I see it. Like the RTA, only reporting to different bosses. Whether hes insulated himself enough from that, is up to the voters. Personally, I think he has.

Since ya work for him, ever forget Betsy? I hear bad things happen when someone does.

E2:

More heightchat. Stand Rahm next to Preckwinkle if you want a funny picture.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 10, 2014

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hollismason posted:

That whole "scandal" regarding Quinn and the slush fund is ridiculous, especially when it comes out that Quinns office called the FBI and shut the program down. It's pretty much what they're waiting for as their "election bomb". It's long been suspected that the reason anyone even found out was Quinn leaked it. They've been nothing but cooperative. Seriously, Quinn is mainly known for not being a corrupt person.

It was either a political slush fund or Quinn was really stupid. Neither option is flattering. I understand you have to toe the party line working for him, but everyone knows what the program was really about.

I guess you could make the case that Illinois is so corrupt that you have to play the game to get anything positive done. That was always the joke about Daley when he was in office. Quinn had a history of being a reformer no doubt, but the NRI is as shady as it gets.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Niwrad posted:

I guess you could make the case that Illinois is so corrupt that you have to play the game to get anything positive done. That was always the joke about Daley when he was in office. Quinn had a history of being a reformer no doubt, but the NRI is as shady as it gets.

You've got to make a case for that? Illinois is so corrupt that you either play the game or lose. IDOT's fund got some good poo poo done in this state, universal pre-K, prevented pension privitization, kept RTA from being privitized, that kinda stuff.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Pope Francis has appointed a bishop with the stripper name of Blase as the new archbishop of Chicago. He's a moderate from Washington State, so he's an improvement on Cardinal George.

I was hoping for Father Pfleger, but what can you do?

http://www.suntimes.com/29999930-761/pope-francis-names-blase-cupich-as-chicago-archbishop.html#.VB18HFZ2T6I

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Pope Francis has appointed a bishop with the stripper name of Blase as the new archbishop of Chicago. He's a moderate from Washington State, so he's an improvement on Cardinal George.

I was hoping for Father Pfleger, but what can you do?

http://www.suntimes.com/29999930-761/pope-francis-names-blase-cupich-as-chicago-archbishop.html#.VB18HFZ2T6I

Father Pfleger has always been a "moral fiber" Democrat. He's mainly focused on American politics and being anti-gun (which is 90% of his shtick), anti-drug, minimum wage etc. He's basically Al Sharpton in a Catholic cloth. I really don't like it when priests get involved in nitty gritty politics like that.

I'd never heard of Bishop Cupich before this but from what I'm reading he's both more Catholic than Father Pfleger and more progressive in the liberation theology sense. Definitely a Pope Francis Catholic.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Pfleger was definitely a comedy option, since I mostly wanted to see Mike Madigan or another big Catholic politician refused communion.

I'm not Catholic myself, so this sounds like a nice addition, and it should keep the Archdiocese out of politics for a while.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I lived in Illinois for the vast majority of my life before moving to Colorado this year. I didn't follow Illinois politics closely when I was there, aside from rarely catching up on Capitol Fax, but 2 experiences I think really define it. The 1st was when I drove from Alaska, through Canada into Washington, and then across to Illinois. Illinois was literally the first place I encountered a toll booth in thousands of miles of driving. Greetings from the Land of Lincoln. The 2nd was when I drove from Rock Island to Chicago for a concert, and on the drive back, I encountered the first empty toll booths in my life. It printed out a little ticket that I was supposed to pay online with a "convenience" fee and whatnot. I forgot all about it. Ended up getting a $20 fine for each individual toll I didn't pay. $60 to drive down a loving road, and I'm sure had I failed to do so, a warrant would've shown up 2 years later out of the blue. Anyway that's my "Illinois is a panhandling scam artist" post.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

I lived in Illinois for the vast majority of my life before moving to Colorado this year. I didn't follow Illinois politics closely when I was there, aside from rarely catching up on Capitol Fax, but 2 experiences I think really define it. The 1st was when I drove from Alaska, through Canada into Washington, and then across to Illinois. Illinois was literally the first place I encountered a toll booth in thousands of miles of driving. Greetings from the Land of Lincoln. The 2nd was when I drove from Rock Island to Chicago for a concert, and on the drive back, I encountered the first empty toll booths in my life. It printed out a little ticket that I was supposed to pay online with a "convenience" fee and whatnot. I forgot all about it. Ended up getting a $20 fine for each individual toll I didn't pay. $60 to drive down a loving road, and I'm sure had I failed to do so, a warrant would've shown up 2 years later out of the blue. Anyway that's my "Illinois is a panhandling scam artist" post.

And how about those privitized parking meeters! [Protip: If you wanna park and got official sanctioned business, get validated at city hall]

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

As much as Rahm had during his campaign.

White women.

http://politics.suntimes.com/article/springfield/quinn-rauner-rip-each-other-pseudo-debate/tue-09092014-1111am

And then it gets ugly:
http://capitolfax.com/2014/09/09/durkin-denies-quinn-buying-votes-claim-about-rauner/

2 mins, give the audio a listen-- https://m.soundcloud.com/wbez/durkin-radogno-speak-to-bruce-rauners-influence-on-pension-vote

House Rep. Leader Durkin and Senate Rep. Leader Radogno speaking to WBEZ. Hear the backtrack they did today? Rauner's got the R's scared of him, expect to see more leaks and surfacings in the future.

E: Takeaway quotes from CapFax; context of the interview is the budget passed in December that shored up IL's bond ratings (and cost Rauner a bit of cash; if anyone is familiar with bond re-insurance rates, PM me)---

And when Sen. Radogno (R) was asked why....

The Audio: https://m.soundcloud.com/wbez/durkin-radogno-speak-to-bruce-rauners-influence-on-pension-vote

E2: This ain't about tax rates. This is about cash, cash, and NSA contracts. I'd talk more in PM/collaborate on research, not gonna put everything out in public. Still need to calculate the precise amount Rauner stood and stands to earn when the bond ratings go down after '16.
What's your email? I campaign and volunteer for Democrats in general not just Quinn, I'd much rather a Democrat than someone like Rauner. I'm not super hyped about Democrat, but Quinn is campaigning a lot on minimum wage something that'll have a positive impact on hundreds of thousands if not millions of Illinoisians.

Illinois get's pretty red outsided of the Cities, but it's still generally more progressive than other areas, plus it has a lot of social programs, that will just be gutted if Rauner came in.

The Republicans are pushing so hard for Illinois to turn red there's so much money coming in.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 21, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

What's your email? I campaign and volunteer for Democrats in general not just Quinn, I'd much rather a Democrat than someone like Rauner. I'm not super hyped about Democrat, but Quinn is campaigning a lot on minimum wage something that'll have a positive impact on hundreds of thousands if not millions of Illinoisians.

Illinois get's pretty red outsided of the Cities, but it's still generally more progressive than other areas, plus it has a lot of social programs, that will just be gutted if Rauner came in.

The Republicans are pushing so hard for Illinois to turn red there's so much money coming in

Sent ya a PM. You're right, and that's what most people don't understand. There wouldm't be so much cash throwing around if Illinois wasn't in play for 2016, let alone Durbin's seat.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So my question is why? Why Illinois and why now? Is it because of Quinn's rock bottom popularity they see an opening? Is it because Obama's from here so let's embarrass him? Why is true blue Illinois suddenly at risk of going red? Its not like we've lost minority population and the collar counties went for Obama IIRC.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Politically wise, it wasn't that long ago that Illinois had a string of Republican governors. Jim Edgar was pretty popular from what I remember, even though I was a kid while he was in office. I feel like in Illinois, the only reason Democrats even stay in power is because the Republicans are all that much worse. Quinn barely skated by last election, and that was against a Republican that was more outspoken about his lovely social issue views. I'm sure the national Republican party just sees Quinn as the easiest governor to take out amongst the solid blue states.

In my view, it's the General Assembly that's the problem, not so much Quinn. The GA has spent decades piling up problems, and now everything is starting to crumble while they continue to do jack poo poo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's part of the overall plan in general for the Republicans to control as many Governorships as possible along with state assemblies, which are easiest to gain control of.

This will allow redistricting, along with pushing through "voter reform" etc...

It's all predicated on the fact that the Republicans eventually want to push for split Electoral vote in states that are considered "swing" because they know they're not likely to win the Presidency.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Oracle posted:

So my question is why? Why Illinois and why now? Is it because of Quinn's rock bottom popularity they see an opening? Is it because Obama's from here so let's embarrass him? Why is true blue Illinois suddenly at risk of going red? Its not like we've lost minority population and the collar counties went for Obama IIRC.

It's just an easy target. Illinois is corrupt and mismanaged. It's been run by Democrats for awhile now and that makes it a good target for Republicans. Most of the campaigning has been "the other guy is doing such a lovely job, give us a try".

Hollismason posted:

This will allow redistricting, along with pushing through "voter reform" etc...

The legislature is still firmly entrenched in Democrat hands and likely will be for some time. The Democrats redistricted the state a few years ago which got them a supermajority in the last election.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Niwrad posted:

It's just an easy target. Illinois is corrupt and mismanaged. It's been run by Democrats for awhile now and that makes it a good target for Republicans. Most of the campaigning has been "the other guy is doing such a lovely job, give us a try".

The legislature is still firmly entrenched in Democrat hands and likely will be for some time. The Democrats redistricted the state a few years ago which got them a supermajority in the last election.

Partly this, partly abyssmal minority turnout projections.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Ah the Judy Barr Topinka campaign strategy against Blago!

It actually got me to vote for him (and I felt dirty afterwards).

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Double Post but I wanted to say that Rauner is pushing mail ads/door hangers like crazy. I have gotten 4 mail ads/door hangers in the last month. I live in Southern Illinois in a massively red county so it seems like a massive waste. I did vote in the Republican primary (for Dillard) because I did not Rauner to even get a chance so that might be why I am getting the mailings.

I have not received one thing from Quinn so he is either betting entirely on Central/Northern Illinois or he does not want to waste the money.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Double Post but I wanted to say that Rauner is pushing mail ads/door hangers like crazy. I have gotten 4 mail ads/door hangers in the last month. I live in Southern Illinois in a massively red county so it seems like a massive waste. I did vote in the Republican primary (for Dillard) because I did not Rauner to even get a chance so that might be why I am getting the mailings.

I have not received one thing from Quinn so he is either betting entirely on Central/Northern Illinois or he does not want to waste the money.

You voted in the R primary, live in a deep red county, and probably fit the demographics for a R voter (white, middle-lower income, rural). Any D outreach to you increases the probability of you turning out to vote R. Not only is it not worth the money, statistically, its harmful to all Democratic candidates.

\/\/\/\/\/ Watch Chicago broadcast networks and record commercials per day. Then work back how large the purchase was for, and how many influences the campaign feels necessary to ensure a win.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 25, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I hear anti-Quinn ads on Pandora every commerical break. They're from a PAC, but the only Quinn stuff I've gotten are incessant funding emails.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I went door-knocking for Quinn last weekend, and it's all data-driven to focus on leaning and undecided voters. Rauner probably has the money to carpet bomb the entire state, and the republican data system probably isn't that great

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm kinda late to the discussion about her, but Lewis lost any chance of me voting for her the minute she said "We don't believe in merit pay."

I'll prolly vote for Rauner over Quinn, because I don't like the direction he's gone and I don't like his "Hey he's rich! Boo the rich guy!" stance.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This election blows and I'm not thrilled with my choices. Thanks Illinois for continuing to provide year after year.

On the note of Pfleger; my parents attend his church and my mother is a fairly close friend of his. If he were ever to be promoted the Catholic Church would have to be a tremendously different institution than it is now.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I also get constant ads from Rauner on Hulu plus. He must be carpetbombing the entire state.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Barudak posted:

This election blows and I'm not thrilled with my choices. Thanks Illinois for continuing to provide year after year.

On the note of Pfleger; my parents attend his church and my mother is a fairly close friend of his. If he were ever to be promoted the Catholic Church would have to be a tremendously different institution than it is now.

What is it about Quinn that you don't like? He's pretty much an old school leftist, who was never part of the Machine, and supports all the progressive positions, while being against DLC type policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MisterBibs posted:

I'm kinda late to the discussion about her, but Lewis lost any chance of me voting for her the minute she said "We don't believe in merit pay."

I'll prolly vote for Rauner over Quinn, because I don't like the direction he's gone and I don't like his "Hey he's rich! Boo the rich guy!" stance.

You realize the downtown discussion is how much money there is to be made by Rauner's downgrading of IL's credit rating, and how to best position to make it without outright violating the law, right?