Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech Red Raiders

Davis Webb, obviously, is the biggest player to watch on the team, but he's not necessarily unknown. In fact, he's probably our best known current player.

The player I'm going to be paying the most attention to offensively is going to be WR Reggie Davis. He's got the speed. He's already well known to TTU fans because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDe9KGp16LU.

He had 15 catches for 200 yards and 3 TD's last season backing up the reliable Eric Ward and Bradley Marquez. With Ward graduated and Marquez moved inside, one of the outside spots is entirely his this year. I think Davis is going to have the best season for a TTU outside receiver since Crabtree went for 1962 in 2007. ~1200 yards.

Defensively it's going to all rest on the shoulders of our 4 DL newcomers and especially 350lb behemoth Rika Levi. But the player I'm going to be watching will be playing behind everyone.

Keenan Ward (S) was one of the players that TTU fans were most upset with last season. He was pressed into duty as a true freshman thanks to injuries to our entire secondary. He was a HS QB playing his first action at safety, and it showed. The track race that was the first part of the Baylor Game? A lot of it came down to Ward's poor angles. The UT game? Mostly Baker Mayfield, but Ward got significant playing time and was a liability.

Things started to turn around during the bowl game. He still made mistakes, but he also made plays. I saw some potential there. Reports from the spring and summer are that he's made incredible strides and is now one of the strongest members of the defense. He's certainly spent time in the weight room and looks the part now. We'll see if he can cover on Thursday, Sept 25th when TTU visits Stillwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Declan MacManus posted:

He's one of the best receivers in the Big 12 but he's one of the best returners in the country, if not the best

I'm going to have to go with Ty Montgomery as best returner. Lockett would probably be in my top 5. He had a dip in production last year (going from 32 ypr to 26.5 ypr and 0 TD's), but Lockett is still one of the tops.

I'd say he is the best receiver in the Big XII.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

I think he's probably the best in the whole country, much less the Big XII.

He might be up there. Ty Montgomery, if he comes back from his 2 surgeries ok, is up there, as is a few others.

• Locked thread