Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
My kit's scattered across my car and my bench, and most of it I only use occasionally.

* Leatherman Wave. My Most Valuable Tool. It's my second one, since my first one started getting dull and the the small flathead screwdriver was chipped. The newer one has driver bits (already had to replace the tiny phillips/flathead one twice), but it's bulkier so it can't go as deep and gets in the way more often.
* Craftsman magnetic drivers with hollow handles with a spinny plastic lid that lets you apply torque and pressure at the same time easily. Best screwdrivers I've used, although the shafts are bulky and can't get into narrow recesses.
* Small USB keyboard/trackpad combo I got at Fry's for $20. So much nicer than dealing with mice, but have to turn off numlock to use half the keyboard properly.
* IDE/SATA->USB dongle & power supply
* SATA-USB/eSATA dock by Thermaltake
* 8GB Cruzer (I really need to update this)
* Variety of cables--USB, SATA, IDE, network
* Ultimate Boot DVD
* Ubuntu Live DVD
* Windows Vista/7 install discs
* Hammer
* Box of nail-in cable guides
* Velcro strapping
* Velcro with adhesive backing
* Heavy-duty RJ45/11 crimper with the 568a/b cheat scrawled in sharpie on the handle
* Bag of RJ45 connectors
* Bag of RJ45 jacks
* Variety tub of zip ties
* Box of zip tie holder things with adhesive backs and a screw hole
* Small microfiber shammy
* Scissors
* Notepad & post-its
* Boxcutter
* Tape measure
* Variety of screws and molly bolts
* Hole saw
* Dymo labelmaker
* Soldering iron
* Smartphone with dropbox, drive, and onedrive accounts
* Surface RT
* Box of Cat5e cable

If I need to, I can grab a network cable tester, line tracer, and punchdown tool from work. I also have a Dremel set, a Ridgid power driver with a big bit set, and Ridgid reciprocating saw if I really need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im the mt dew

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hmm reef knots, an eclectic choice but i respect a mans load out

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

pram