Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jarvis cocker posted:

i can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
cant wait for the best nap ive ever had gently caress the world

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Sociopath spotted.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

Daedra posted:

cant wait for the best nap ive ever had gently caress the world

The best part about taking a nap is waking up to experience that you had taken a nap. The worst about being an idiot are the logical fallacies.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Chris Awful posted:

The best part about taking a nap is waking up to experience that you had taken a nap.

maybe in bizzaro world

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Anyone else looking forward to being a sweet as gently caress alpha skellie, rubing bones with some fine rear end skellies while their beta skellie cuck is watching ?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Chris Awful posted:

Sociopath spotted.

How about the kid with the chair.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Thats what they told me would happen in school :(

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
op gets it

I wonder if death is just a single, final instant of consciousness that stretches infinitely in time as our perception ends, which would mean your entire existence post-consciousness could become a heaven or hell depending on how shittily you died

Serial killer dies in his sleep peacefully? Well he's gonna have a much more pleasant time than the guy stuck in a machine press, or the guy who burned to death, or any other number of deaths that occur totally independent of any action the person took during their life except being in a place and time where things line up right to kill you. But we don't want/need to personally because anyone in a position to make sweeping changes in the world will 99% of the time choose the luxury, comfort, stability, and general happiness that surrounds their own fortunate circumstances because they got most of it by chance to some extent or another anyway

What kills me about all of this is that, despite the lack of any a priori source of meaning in our lives, we could actually pool our power as individuals to make the world better for everyone and to reach a point where almost anyone could have a good life not filled with anguish or horror or suffering like many of the 7 billion people alive today will experience for most/all of their lives, however long those end up being.

Then there's the whole birth lottery thing and just holy gently caress are we lucky to be alive at this point instead of like any in the past? Like to have a motherfucking computer to type all this nihilistic bullshit out on? I CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH HOW COMPLEX ALL THIS poo poo IS BUT WE'RE KILLING OUR SPECIES THINKING THAT THERE'LL BE SOMETHING BETTER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF NOT loving EXISTING

tl;r maks u think

Eumenides fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 8, 2014

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Eumenides posted:

op gets it

I wonder if death is just a single, final instant of consciousness that stretches infinitely in time as our perception ends, which would mean your entire existence post-consciousness could become a heaven or hell depending on how shittily you died

Serial killer dies in his sleep peacefully? Well he's gonna have a much more pleasant time than the guy stuck in a machine press, or the guy who burned to death, or any other number of deaths that occur totally independent of any action the person took during their life except being in a place and time where things line up right to kill you. But we don't want/need to personally because anyone in a position to make sweeping changes in the world will 99% of the time choose the luxury, comfort, stability, and general happiness that surrounds their own fortunate circumstances because they got most of it by chance to some extent or another anyway

What kills me about all of this is that, despite the lack of any a priori source of meaning in our lives, we could actually pool our power as individuals to make the world better for everyone and to reach a point where almost anyone could have a good life not filled with anguish or horror or suffering like many of the 7 billion people alive today will experience for most/all of their lives, however long those end up being.

Then there's the whole birth lottery thing and just holy gently caress are we lucky to be alive at this point instead of like any in the past? Like to have a motherfucking computer to type all this nihilistic bullshit out on? I CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH HOW COMPLEX ALL THIS poo poo IS BUT WE'RE KILLING OUR SPECIES THINKING THAT THERE'LL BE SOMETHING BETTER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF NOT loving EXISTING

tl;r maks u think

same

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chris Awful posted:

Sociopath spotted.

ya thats not work safe

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

ya thats not work safe

holy poo poo you reg'd on 9/11?? loling irl

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Eumenides posted:

op gets it

tl;r maks u think

i want money though and can't stand being uncomfortable even for one second - the whole world

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Considering every person sort of instinctively know's this, the world is actually an amazing calm place.

I would say religion has something to do with it, but plenty of agnostics and atheists out there these days don't seem to be tearing poo poo up.

lol you can't go to a loving YT video on religion w/o some atheist going on about how te world would be a better place without religion. if atheists had balls they'd be forcing conversion left and right like ISIS

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Xaris posted:

i dunno i design and build poo poo so things will last prolly 50 to a 100 years after im dead. but then it'll be replaced so w/e. that's still pretty cool imo

working at Alienware must own

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

9goats dead posted:

we're all going to die & nothing you've done with ur life will mean anything. lmao.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
death is the road to awe

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that was a good movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

death is the road to awe