Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

ilikedirt posted:

look up leonardo the mummified hadrosaur they found out what color and pattern that niggas skin was

also they found some feathered dinos in china w/ intact pigment hth

see this is cool news i wanna see what they know, i was under the impression that that information, like dna, was just gone

dont hth me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

when chickens ruled the world

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ilikedirts posting style is shitloads funnier when it seems like he knows what he's talking about

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

concerned mom posted:

the coolest dinosaur was without a doubt gasosaurus because its a boring as gently caress dinosaur that was so boring they just called it gasosaurus cause it was found in a gas field

That's not boring. Big enough to gently caress you up, small enough to get in your house.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The Protagonist posted:

parrots understand enough about the world to realize cages and not flying is some bullshit op

Yeah I like Parrots kinda. They're assholes, but they have a right to be assholes cause people treat em like pets and amusement by keeping em in cages. Fuckers just wanna chill.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Can we reverse engineer a chicken back into a dinosaur ? Like turn off some modern genes and activate old ones ? Science should be working

on exciting things like this !

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
The Dinotopia guy needs to repaint all his beautiful artwork with feather dinosaurs now, otherwise his books are unreadable unscientific trash

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Bolian Blues posted:

The Dinotopia guy needs to repaint all his beautiful artwork with feather dinosaurs now, otherwise his books are unreadable unscientific trash

Well, he was good friends with Thomas Kinkaid, so what can you expect?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Decebal posted:

Can we reverse engineer a chicken back into a dinosaur ? Like turn off some modern genes and activate old ones ? Science should be working

on exciting things like this !
People are working on this exact project as we speak.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

genesplicer posted:

Well, he was good friends with Thomas Kinkaid, so what can you expect?

waaat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

A Buttery Pastry posted:

what good is that unless your goal is to create animals for trophy hunters?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

paranoid randroid posted:

trex aint even the goofiest looking guy out there. i can't remember the name, but the LA natural history museum has a skeleton of something that was about the same size of a rex but its arms were even more pathetic. like little tiny flippers or chicken wings on a 15 foot tall dino.

e. VVV yeah carnotaurus, that's the one

Pretty funny this dude still has full sized scapulae to go with those vestigial armlets.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I hope you're not joking because this is so exiting. I bet those poor scientists don't have enough funding :( Drug making is sucking all the money away from important projects like this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Decebal posted:

I hope you're not joking because this is so exiting. I bet those poor scientists don't have enough funding :( Drug making is sucking all the money away from important projects like this
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e39pyOxY7pg

Hopefully they'll move on to Cassowaries when they get the chicken working.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Palpek posted:

this is how dinosaurs looked you loving jurassic park believing idiot

retard

Yeah and all those Greek marble statues were painted crazy garish colors poo poo real history is funky as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

Yeah and all those Greek marble statues were painted crazy garish colors poo poo real history is funky as hell.
It's kinda funny how Western societies, the US in particular perhaps, took up the style of the Romans based on ancient ruins where the paint had chipped off centuries ago. If the people behind buildings such as the Capitol had really followed in the footsteps of the Romans, they would at the very least have painted the whole thing red, white, and blue, while the Statue of Freedom would have been painted in naturalistic colors. The Statue of Liberty and Mount Rushmore too I suppose.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 8, 2014

• Locked thread