Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

ipads are ideal for a hybrid learning approach bc they they dont take up much space and can be used in conjunction w/ the analog learning materials of the students. also theyre vry flexible and can be used to walk around and film/record/photograph which makes them ideal for cool group project stuff. and they fit into the students backpacks together w/ their schoolbooks and poo poo. also when u use a laptop, the screen kinda creates a barrier between the student and the teacher wich is not ideal.

look at all these words its like i cared about this
tablets and laptops still create a barrier between the student and teacher period; have you seen little kids whose parents give them tablets yet like every kid under 10 in my extended family at this point has to have their phone or tablet taken from them for them to look at another human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Do they still even teach typing in schools or do they just assume kids know now

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Etuni posted:

Lots of teachers really do assume that because kids know how to upload things to fb/Instagram they're tech wizards beyond any kind of computing instruction

our student workers have proven this wrong beyond all comprehension so I kinda hope they start teaching kids how to actually type and use a computer again

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Max Facetime posted:

bah, typing

they need to start teaching kids how to write in italic again

uh, you mean cursive?

• Locked thread