Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
earthworms eat earth all the time that's why theyr'e called EARTHworms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophagy#In_the_United_States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i like dirt

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
bc im a flower

Aug 4, 2010

yea you're a flower alright

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't think you're sincere op.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Some people have actually been known to eat Clay Dirt regularly and not only like the taste but crave it. It has been said that the taste of white dirt is akin to the fresh way that the ground smells when it's real dry and a little sprinkle of rain falls. Clay-Dirt-eating is an ancient tradition that is practiced all over the world and although the demise of the practice has been predicted for many years, it still persists, particularly in rural areas of the South.

"Geophagy" the scholarly term for clay-dirt-eating, is practiced by both blacks and whites but is most commonly associated with black women, particularly during pregnancy. The clay-dirt-eating tradition appears to have been handed down from generation to generation and several years ago it was not uncommon to see women gathered together to eat a pan of clay dirt.

Mmm, yummy. I just love the taste of dirt and I can't stop eating it and did you know that those black people eat it when they're pregnant too and also I hear it's really good for you and I can't stop eating it and I don't know why.

The scant research that has been done on the causes of pica suggests that the disorder is a specific appetite caused by mineral deficiency in many cases, such as iron deficiency, which sometimes is a result of celiac disease[4] or hookworm infection.[11]

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

ilikedirt posted:

i like dirt

lowtax

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

saying my name syummons me. im a forums demon :devil:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

1gnoirents posted:

gay ! how did you post a banme and not get banned >:( i lost my last account to this

just to follow up with you on this its because i didnt use the tags hth

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i once knew a soil science professor who chewed on dirt regularly to see what kind of dirt it was

one time he did it near a sheep farm and got some horrible sheep germ

that's the whole story

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wanamingo posted:

Mmm, yummy. I just love the taste of dirt and I can't stop eating it and did you know that those black people eat it when they're pregnant too and also I hear it's really good for you and I can't stop eating it and I don't know why.

The scant research that has been done on the causes of pica suggests that the disorder is a specific appetite caused by mineral deficiency in many cases, such as iron deficiency, which sometimes is a result of celiac disease[4] or hookworm infection.[11]

is dirt gluten-free?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Ruby got Railed posted:

is dirt gluten-free?

For a nominal extra fee :)

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Gross. What's wrong with eating real food, like this delectable litter box cake?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJaCsK6gkr8

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
dirt is pretty low in calories and it's free if you know where to look

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd just like to point out that I was trying to ask them what the gently caress they were thinking albeit in a polite manner.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
eating dirt as a kid is apparently okay because it gives you a kicking rad immune system tho so if my idiot retard kid wants to eat dirt i guess ill let them?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
or a kicking rad parasite

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

eating dirt as a kid is apparently okay because it gives you a kicking rad immune system tho so if my idiot retard kid wants to eat dirt i guess ill let them?

I ate a lot of dirt as a kid and all I got was autism, homosexuality, and a micropenis.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there was also a thread where people stopped using shampoo

Or maybe it was soap I don't remember

there was a thread where people violently advocated never brushing ones teethe. i made the mistake of telling them that they were gross. that was a thread, i'll tell ya.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
lookat me im a goone. i am literally shaped like and live the literal lifestyle of a swine in a mud pit. i eat poop and slurry of twinkies and cheetos mixed with canned. chili. then i roll in sweaty mud and i eat the myd and poop it out a d roll in it. its hard out theyre for a pimp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
brushing your teeth? deoderant? FEH. HEH. noob garbage, i enjoy my natural HUMAN body odours. methinks u need to come to terms that yore nothing more than an animal. a part of NATURE.

• Locked thread