Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

2003? you think the Xbox is a 'huge' stinker? well they named the third xbox the xbox one!

Probably the most shocking thing from a time traveler of 2003 is to find that the Xbox 360, save the rrods, was an actually good product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Probably the most shocking thing from a time traveler of 2003 is to find that the Xbox 360, save the rrods, was an actually good product.

Doesn't surprise me that your interested in saving rods lmfao. :dukedog:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

2003? you think the Xbox is a 'huge' stinker? well they named the third xbox the xbox one!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
*sees 16-year old self doing easy battles in ff7 just to watch tifa stretching* Stupid child. You think you know what horny is? Gfahahahaha... *steps back into time vortex*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

*sees 16-year old self doing easy battles in ff7 just to watch tifa stretching* Stupid child. You think you know what horny is? Gfahahahaha... *steps back into time vortex*

Now I'm trying to wrack my brain for the craziest thing I ever did in gaming to get my wee rocks off as a lad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Forgotten Realms is some god drat fail.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was saying Do-urns

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Wormskull posted:

lol

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
drizzt's appearance in baldur's gate is the best thing that's ever happened in forgotten realms because he's the avatar of a writer and he's supposed to be super powerful and smart and handsome and equipped with ~magic weapons~ but you can kite him around that lake until he dies with no effort

"i am a ranger. i am also trained to run away from things i can't handle i think, i don't remember the books. but god DAMMIT i'm gonna catch the retarded gnome who keeps shooting me in the foot with arrows. if only i could figure out lakes"

he also hunts you down if you use his name

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i don't give a poo poo about anyone in this except the cool rear end bird guy

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
the forgotten realms drow were basically written by a guy who was recently divorced so it makes sense

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
black people ran by femnazis but there is a good one and he is called drizzit

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Doctor Goat posted:

i don't give a poo poo about anyone in this thread except the cool rear end bird guy

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ac -3 that's some whack op bullshit

americong
May 29, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Now I'm trying to wrack my brain for the craziest thing I ever did in gaming to get my wee rocks off as a lad.

game informer had some pretty hot video game titties if memory serves

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did they ever make a movie about Drizzt and his crew?

americong
May 29, 2013

im glad that such a strong, independent colored man as drizzt do'urden is available to guide the dungeons and dragons playing black youth of america

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

americong posted:

im glad that such a strong, independent colored man as drizzt do'urden is available to guide the dungeons and dragons playing black youth of america

How come Jack Chick didn't do a sequel to his own masterpiece Dark Dungeons about Forgotten Realms being behind juvenile crime gang?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
back when i could stomach the lf stormfront thread people were posting reviews of the drizzt books from white supremacy sites

with stuff like "he's one of the good ones" or "his skin being grey doesn't mean he's black"

Dec 26, 2012

Unguided posted:

Did they ever make a movie about Drizzt and his crew?

not a finished one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsO9qMdzsgM

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Doctor Goat posted:

His name is Vonar, and he is a Tengu, and you just find him standing around some cliffs and he's like "hey some drow were just around here" and you're like "yeah we're gonna gently caress them up" and he's like "okay I'll help" and he joins you.

You can also get a guy with a giant beard who talks like he's in all capital letters but isn't a dwarf, and there also IS a dwarf who was cursed by an aboleth and is all gross but you can cure him. Also there's a demon lady but I don't think she sticks around (I never recruited her because I read a walkthrough and knew what she was so we kicked her rear end).

Oh yeah and there's also a centaur.

A god drat centaur joins your party in this game. No other D&D game has done this.

Really, the only reason you recruit Drizzt himself is to equip his sweet-rear end swords and chainmail on someone else. Eventually he's forced out of your party when other drow kidnap him. Yes you have to loving rescue Drizzt Do'Urden.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mazed posted:

A god drat centaur joins your party in this game. No other D&D game has done this.

Shining Force did, however.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
also i remember hanging out with some galeb duhr that were pretty chill

and when you get to the city, you don't have to navigate it. it's just a map you can click on to go to the places you wanna, which i liked.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

jigokuman posted:

also i remember hanging out with some galeb duhr that were pretty chill

and when you get to the city, you don't have to navigate it. it's just a map you can click on to go to the places you wanna, which i liked.

I seem to recall the dungeon design, or at least the part that's just plain Underdark rather than a specific locale, being pretty rear end. Just big mazes of repeating textures. Although I recall laughing my rear end off at osquips when running into them. But yeah, the city was okay, even though the drow houses were just rearranged copy-pastes, and I recall really loving the dwarven temple.

This was middle school and I barely knew what D&D was. The I got a Monster Manual and it described Galeb Duhr as uncommunicative or dull. gently caress that, that guy was neat.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mazed posted:

I seem to recall the dungeon design, or at least the part that's just plain Underdark rather than a specific locale, being pretty rear end. Just big mazes of repeating textures. Although I recall laughing my rear end off at osquips when running into them. But yeah, the city was okay, even though the drow houses were just rearranged copy-pastes, and I recall really loving the dwarven temple.

This was middle school and I barely knew what D&D was. The I got a Monster Manual and it described Galeb Duhr as uncommunicative or dull. gently caress that, that guy was neat.

almost every vidgame adaptation of D&D lore has been way cooler than how D&D lore actually is

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
is saving drizzt mandatory or can you just let the other drow have him

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
What does a dark elf who does not know how to swim do in the middle of a lake?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
He DROWns.

:downsrim:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

lesbian baphomet posted:

almost every vidgame adaptation of D&D lore has been way cooler than how D&D lore actually is

All DnD games just can't help but have Drow in either. IWD 1 one of the main characters is a Drow, IWD2 also. Bg2 has so much Drow that you spend an entire chapter disguised as one so you can get raped by Matron Mothers and feel edgy amazingness that it is to be Drow.

tbh Duergar are better, dwarves with the autism taken up to 11

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Why doesn't dat fukken bird have his own franchise

• Locked thread