Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

garth ferengi posted:

To be totally honest, these guys might suck even worse than Markata though. They're incredibly expensive for what they do(little more than a markata), and I don't think I'll ever be recruiting them.

Here is what the bulk of my armies look like in that game as of right now.

I can't make these from forts, just from a single forest which has been cranking them out since like turn 4. :v:

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mictlan is extremely powerful and the main reason that I see it not due well is people dogpiling them because of it. Micltan is a lot easier to kill when they only have one fort cranking out sacreds and don't yet have a blood econ.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Neruz posted:

Eagle warriors are noticably less effective if they don't have a frontline of jags to engage the enemy frontline before they fly over and start murdering all the commanders. EA Mictlan just has some really good synergy with its sacreds.

With the right bless, once you reach critical mass you don't need anything else. F9W9 eagles are multi-attacking death machines. You either have to storm/wipe the field with battlefield evos on round 1 defensively or get absolutely wrecked when the eagles come in and just kill everything.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jsoh posted:

its actually really good and cool.

I had storm demons sieging my cap by Y2 in a blitz we played a while back that had the event pop. A++ would be sieged again.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

She's joking.

It is a dom4 lp can never be too sure.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

In dom3 jotun skinshifters were not limited recruitment.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The manti actually did have a purpose beyond dying a lot which is their primary role.

Flavahbeast took a vampire queen which has awe, fear, regen and invulnerability which makes it extremely good at killing my mostly garbage troops. Manti are mindless (ignore awe and fear) and have magic weapons (ignore invuln). They are actually a really affordable way to kill vampires in melee.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

drat Pan looks terrifying on that map.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

It takes time, but it's pretty much guaranteed - I don't think sniffle giants have any way to heal diseases outside of construction items that they may not have access to. Disease is a nasty thing if you have no way of dealing with it.

He regenerates from the ring so as long as he stays in fights every turn or 2 he will be fine. It takes a long time to fall apart from disease affliction wise. I had a dragon in a disciple game that got diseased on like turn 8 and was alive years later because of regeneration, albeit minus an eye and some other random things.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 5, 2014

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Honestly I'm pretty sure Blood Burst would be sufficient. It's AN and not MRN.

It's not 100% accurate and you'd need a shitload of it to actually do enough to burn through the regen.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Speleothing posted:

Garth modpud is waiting for new turns so that the buffer doesn't get eaten away.

Probably doesn't matter at this point :v:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

goatface posted:

I thought only kitfox did the mad PD thing.

Unsupported mad pd is a kitfox thing. Pumping pd way up in an important battle to provide chaff, to destroy problematic raiders, etc are legit. In this case, modpud is stacking it for a specific defensive purpose. Though monkey pd is pretty bad, it's good enough to take a couple hits and get in the way so that her actual army of sacreds and archers can maybe win it against a more tired and hopefully attritioned enemy.

46 pd is a bit overboard though imo. Personally I would have probably stopped in the 20-25 range.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

Wasn't someone saying this was currently busted because you couldn't catch flying raiders with patrollers? I don't know if that's true or not but it'd be pretty dumb if so.

This is true and you should exploit the gently caress out of it where you can cause your neighbors will too.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

What a player goes AI in a multiplayer game... at what level is the AI? Is it chosen in the initial game setup?

Default full retard AI with no resource multipliers or anything.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

AIs are a drag on the game. You are better off trying to convince people to maybe not AI at the drop of a hat or find a sub. Really it's bad form imo to AI if you aren't nearly entirely dead with the bulk of your troops/mage corps destroyed with very little/no territory remaining to your name.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Speleothing posted:

I have both. Also communicants can't research or forge.

Communicants really should be foreign recruit with a temple.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Spring for 5, you're only spending 12 more gold on the province, which you're pretty likely to recoup the one time birds attack and definitely fail. It also looks scarier on scout reports.

I thought 5 was the threshold where it still looks like "one dude and his henchmen" and 6 was the next tier up?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tulip posted:

Well, Mictlan is basically dead, so Turkeys is somewhat unlikely. Also circumstances are really different. SHRILL HARPY TOXIC FEMINIST VAMPIR isn't being used for solo raiding, let alone being used as the backbone of the entire army's strategy. I'd guess that empowering into astral is part of getting relegated to research & rituals duty, since she'll be able to mindhunt protect the research corps.

I would totally use a teleporting magic duelist to knock out an S1 pretender and returning home in such a situation, though I've never seen anyone else do similar things. Hinnom has healers as well and a single S1 is only a 40% chance to feeblemind so you can just spam right through a single S1 trying to block it.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tevery Best posted:

Is that a Jelenia Gora province? :allears:

Yes this game takes place in fantasy Poland.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

How many slaves and gems were used in that fight? how many mages dead by communions?
Such waste, for an enemy army that was 5 times smaller than yours.

When you are bigger than everyone else combined, you can afford waste. Lanka can replace all of those slaves easily while Kailasa suffered a huge loss.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Horrors are the great equalizer as all armies become chaff. Im definitely not the best player around either :)

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

What's the benefit of Enkidu shamen over Panii? The lack of slow-to-recruit and the recruit-outside-forts thing, or is there something else I'm missing?

It's the foreign recruit thing. They are also StR.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

Dispelling AC is your best bet. And/or replacing it with other globals. Though I think AC uses blood slaves, which tend to be more easily obtained than gems. AC is a giant gently caress you to everyone else. Though it also paints a giant target on you, so you've got to be ready to fight the whole world when you throw it out. AC is probably the most powerful of the Globals though.

Dispelling is not a bet at all as they will just put it back immediately unless you manage to also kill their blood econ, which is very hard post blood8 as blood mages are superb at killing lone thugs and anything more than that is going to get horrored. If they have an uninterrupted blood econ and can afford AC/horror spam you have in most cases already lost. The real solution is to never never never let a nation with SB get a strong foothold, particularly one with extremely strong RP generation like Ulm. If you see magic 3 the situation is even more urgent and you have no choice but to kill or cripple this player in the early to midgame.

In this game's case, Lanka is already in a commanding position and has the luxury to leverage a super blood economy into a horror engine with simple pearl alchemization. This is of course a thing that any blood nation can do however it is cost prohibitive to do effectively unless they have a truly massive economy and gem income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

Am I misreading this, or can you convert blood slaves to pearls through Alchemy, because that makes no sense.

You alchemize all of your other gems into pearls and use those to empower blood mages in astral so that they can cast send horror.

• Locked thread