Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Everblight posted:

So both Ed and Mr. Go are really 1B, but I moved Ed over to the hot corner based on Chimps having really strong arms, but I would really prefer him to be a DH for interleague and/or bench depth, if someone can recommend a real true 3B.

If we can find enough mashers, it might be interesting to bring in Jake Cisco to pitch instead of relying on Worf, Son of Mogh

If Sam Malone's pre-Cheers career counts, then Jimmy Dugan from A League of Their Own is a HOF masher at third, filling both these needs.

That leaves a hole at catcher since Dottie's out of C and Crash is a pretty bad player. He's a career 4A catcher who even at his peak was sub-replacement level so you can't project him out like you can for Bad News Bears kids/Jake Sisko.

Maybe replace Rick Vaughn with the rear end in a top hat catcher who got traded in Major League 2 since I can't think of another good catcher. Or replace him with Jake Taylor if you care about team chemistry since a washed up MLB journeyman catcher is still better than a washed up minor leaguer.

With Crash gone, Nuke can take Vaughn's spot since he's pretty much the same type of prospect Vaughn was at the start of the first Major League.

Then Billy Chapel from For the Love of the Game fills a starting rotation spot. The prime version gets you an ace or the end of career movie version could still hold a middle/back of the rotation innings eater. He also fills the Coster spot since a movie/baseball crossover without Costner is wrong.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Everblight posted:

This all works except now you're starting Jackie Earl Haley in Bad News Bears at second, unless we're moving Benny Rodriguez in from CF.

If there really isn't anyone else Tony Danza played 2nd in Who's the Boss. I don't remember them talking about whether he was any good, but at least he made the show before injuries turned him into a maid.

• Locked thread