Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Brutal odds on Chael. I'm actually kind of surprised that they are that bad. I understand that it's probably in line with the chance of who will actually win, but I would think the book might lean things a little more Chael's way simply due to his name recognition meaning people might drop some money on him. Then again, maybe this is a case where the bookmaker thinks anyone who actually knows what Metamoris is and is willing to bet on it probably also knows who Galvao is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm surprised the odds on Chael are that good I'd have thought it'd be +2000.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
It's going to be funny when it's a tepid draw

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm so ready for this.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

BJJScout did a thing on Garry Tonon just in time for today.

https://vimeo.com/103006484

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
What time does this event start?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The internet (that you are currently on fyi) says 8PM EST. Pre-show is 7PM EST.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

colonel_korn posted:

BJJScout did a thing on Garry Tonon just in time for today.

https://vimeo.com/103006484

Owns. Tonon owns. Tonowns.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I love that they stitched together the footage from two cameras so you can see the entire Kron armbar escape, ughhhhh it's so cool

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Front Row Brian is tweeting they just kicked out all the press

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

coconono posted:

Front Row Brian is tweeting they just kicked out all the press

Well they kicked him out, and then proceeded to kick all the other press out too. No media is left standing. Sort of owns to be honest. Bad business but funny.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's really funny but uh, I'd think you'd want as much promotion around all of this as possible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

A reporter was probably having a friendly chat with a Gracie and then Royce came over and said we're going to fight now I'm a vale tudo fighter you disrespectful poo poo and then he kicked all of them out. Is my guess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

A reporter was probably having a friendly chat with a Gracie and then Royce came over and said we're going to fight now I'm a vale tudo fighter you disrespectful poo poo and then he kicked all of them out. Is my guess.

Ah Royce. The civilized one.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Speaking of Royce did anyone get Wallid tickets?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't understand his really bad tweeting but it looks like he didn't have the necessary wristband and got bounced.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't understand his really bad tweeting but it looks like he didn't have the necessary wristband and got bounced.

Ariel's saying none of the press were given credentials ie they have to buy a ticket to be allowed back in to cover the event. I totally support not giving FRB a white wristband even though he likely showed up in Chael Sonnen's van but there's gotta be a few legitimate media members there who probably should have their passes comped.

I guess Josh Barnett costs a lot of money and ticket sales may have been poor.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's backtracking hard now saying it was a misunderstanding and telling everyone to enjoy the show after retweeting people looking for illegal streams and saying they won't support Metamoris. The dude is a massive joke.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Anyone else having stream issues?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

origami posted:

Anyone else having stream issues?

A little. Buffering but then smoothing out for a few minutes before buffering again.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
They should really give these guys theme songs...

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

The drums need to gently caress off during the match

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Tonowned

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Cool way to start the card. Metamoris still really needs to work on production though.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Garry rules.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Seltzer posted:

Cool way to start the card. Metamoris still really needs to work on production though.

There's hiccups now and then but one thing I think after watching the promo videos (from the preview hype packages to this one right now) is that whoever does them is really good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Solomonic posted:

There's hiccups now and then but one thing I think after watching the promo videos (from the preview hype packages to this one right now) is that whoever does them is really good.

Yea the packages are good, but the camera work and live production need some help.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This interview with comprido is just to remind you that everything you think is new was done by terere a decade ago because terere is the man

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat, this owns and almost nothing is happening.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

ch3cooh posted:

This interview with comprido is just to remind you that everything you think is new was done by terere a decade ago because terere is the man

He even did the whole waste your potential because of drugs thing years before Filho.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

awesome sweep. high level jiu jitsu owns so dang much especially when you have very little idea what is happening

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

wanted to see an omoplata

oh poo poo might get something

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
What a sweep

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I'm really enjoying this but the loving drumming is driving me insane, I find it insanely distracting and don't get why they're doing it at all

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

That was awesome

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
The best ending.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

So close.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

these video packages go on and on

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

these video packages go on and on

I like that they have a timer on them at least. Jesus what is going on in this hype video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Vinny not looking bad.

• Locked thread