Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
http://youtu.be/kZCVgJq9sKc An appropriate way to open this.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . . .

STAR WARS

The Galaxy is at war!

The Rebels striking at their base at Yavin, with the aid of traitors and spies, managed to destroy the symbol of Imperial Might: The Death Star.

The Empire must now prepare to stop the Rebel threat, traitorous moffs, and dreaded pirates to restore peace and order to the galaxy.

You are seated in a room with several other people you met on the shuttle ride here. An Imperial Officer walks into the room. Adjusts his hat and begins to address the room, “Welcome, my name is General C. Nooram. You are aboard my flagship the Navarre. a Victory-class Star Destroyer. You, candidates, all have been selected from either the Imperial Academy or military to serve under my unit: The 5th Special Operations.”

The name rings a bell, it is one of the few elite non-Stormtrooper units in the Empire. Originally part of the Imperial Army, but has become a joint operation unit following the Clone Wars.

“You are all aware of what has happened in the past week. Suffice to say, you should know that some of the best and brightest minds in the Empire were wiped out with the destruction of the Death Star. Thus, after some time,I have finally been given permission to expand the 5th Spec Ops.. I do want soldiers who are committed to the ideals of the Empire, but I do not want blind fanatics. If I wanted that, I would’ve just signed off on getting more stormtroopers.”

He begins to look over his pad then back at the crowd.

“Well, let’s begin with a refresher shall we? I hope some of you men know how to still wield a blaster because I will guarantee you this: It is not going to be a blue milk run.”

Welcome to FFG Star Wars Age of Rebellion. This is a modified campaign focusing on you being ground pounders for the Empire. It will be using Roll20 with the built in Google Hangout app. This requires you to have a Google account, a stable connection, and a PC or Mac.

I already have two players committed to this game and I am looking for two more to join. They are currently serving as a Soldier - Sharpshooter, and an Engineer - Saboteur. I am looking for a more rounded out party that will be able to help make the group more independent such as an ace pilot or a diplomat. And following Murphy’s Law, you must prepare for combat at the least.
This will be my first time GMing this system.

For character creation, standard rules apply but you will have a base ten starting duty. Species selection is restricted to both human and near-human (The Unofficial Species Menagerie is acceptable). Non-human species will be approved on a case by case basis since I am not going to accept a Hutt Ace Pilot. This is going to be a campaign with a serious tone but with moments of light heartedness to mirror the films. If anything, think of the game Tie Fighter for inspiration.

For Duty and Motivation, you are allowed to change any pro-Rebel ones to pro-Imperial.
As you start with ten duty, you can reduce it to no less than five.

After character creation, give yourself 30 experience points to spend as to demonstrate your education from either the Imperial Academy or going through a tour of duty. Please note, this extra XP can’t be spent on characteristics.

You have 500 credits to spend on your character. You will have a standard issue blaster carbine or pistol and armored clothing. You may purchase anything else at a 25% discount. I do suggest you get stims.
You will be given a monthly stipend depending on your group’s contribution rank. You are free to spend your own credits to outfit your character after each paycheck as you see fit. You want to upgrade your carbine for all weather fighting? Sure! Want to purchase a heavy blaster repeater? If you have the credits for it, sure. Disruptor rifle? Quartermaster isn't going to approve that at all.

You are not allowed to be force sensitive at character creation. You can, however, become one later in the campaign as it becomes appropriate in the narrative.

Lastly, the game time is set for Saturday afternoon at 5pm CST (6pm EST). It can be changed to earlier or later, but I work nights during the weekdays. Sessions shouldn’t last longer than two to three hours depending on what happens.

To aid you in character creation: Here's a Character Generator program

Recruitment will last for about a week until Thursday the 14th of August.

If you want to contact me, I have platinum, my skype is Ramba_Ral87, or you can visit #sweote on irc.synirc.net and ask.

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I can swing saturdays, I am gonna sub a pilot.

edit: Can we take any obligation?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 8, 2014

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Pretty interested, I'll throw up a character here soon, and try to get in touch with you to discuss a bit more.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
@Elendil004, not really, no. I don't want to be juggling both the duty and obligation table for the party, but if you want, we can work something out.

@nucleicmaxid, cool, I'll be on IRC for most of the day since I am done with work now.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ramba Ral posted:

@Elendil004, not really, no. I don't want to be juggling both the duty and obligation table for the party, but if you want, we can work something out.

I was just hoping to get some extra xp at creation, it's very precious. No worries.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Kal Remex - Corellian Human Ace

Corellians are born and bred pilots, and from an early age Kal Remex was at home behind the controls of nearly anything. When the Imperial Occupation came, he was old enough to know it meant a change for Corellia forever, but young and idealistic enough to want to join up.

With several prior run-ins with the law, his application for Imperial Flight school was denied, and Kal took a job with CorSec. Working his way up through CorSec he became a pilot for them, patrols and pickets, mainly. He served with distinction, and was able to lateral over into the Imperial Navy, bypassing Imperial Flight school and jumping right into TIE/IN Interceptors prototypes.

Kal saw action at the Battle of Yavin IV. He watched in horror as the terrorists destroyed the pride of the Empire, and, as he pulled the hyperspace lever, tears in his eyes, he swore that he'd blast every Rebel Scum he saw out of the sky.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
Ok, first game will start this Saturday at 6est. What is the best method to contact you, Elendil004?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ramba Ral posted:

Ok, first game will start this Saturday at 6est. What is the best method to contact you, Elendil004?

google chat/hangouts/email my username @ gmail, and IRC if I'm around.

• Locked thread