Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
If anyone wants to see something funny, Sirhcez is playing with a custom Singed skin. It's... creative. And the animations are pretty hilarious.

twitch.tv/sirhcez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Che Delilas posted:

If anyone wants to see something funny, Sirhcez is playing with a custom Singed skin. It's... creative. And the animations are pretty hilarious.

twitch.tv/sirhcez

This is my second favorite custom skin. First being GoodGuyGarry's Goku Lee Sin skin

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Che Delilas posted:

twitch.tv/sirhcez

haha holy poo poo that skin is incredible!

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Best skin is Snoop Dogg Nasus :colbert:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

haha holy poo poo that skin is incredible!

Coke is poison: confirmed. I just love the swagger walk it has, someone put a lot of effort into making such a silly thing.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I lied..Fresh Prince Thresh is (would be) the best skin

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Che Delilas posted:

Coke is poison: confirmed. I just love the swagger walk it has, someone put a lot of effort into making such a silly thing.

I want him to build a whole bunch of movespeed and see how ridiculous it looks in motion.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

Also I dunno if anyone in the last thread mentioned this but:

Time to join the glorious evolution! :black101:

Is that not fake?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is that not fake?

No, it's real. :woop:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lyte on toxic behaviour posted:

"i smoke weed all day and get b*tches, im not a kid,"

Is it too late to change the thread title?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's possible to narrow down the new Legendary skin recipient now, if you check various sources. Should be soon, and I'm pretty excited for it. There was a list of leaks on the official forums for a day or two before it was removed; it mentioned strong hints towards who it would be that coincide with what Morello's said.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yay nothing I said made it in the OP

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flameingblack posted:

It's possible to narrow down the new Legendary skin recipient now, if you check various sources. Should be soon, and I'm pretty excited for it. There was a list of leaks on the official forums for a day or two before it was removed; it mentioned strong hints towards who it would be that coincide with what Morello's said.

Do we actually have any other hints other than the letter A is the fourth letter in one of the champs skills? I'm curious (and I want to see if it's Lux or Nautilus who get the Legendary).

Monathin fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 8, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Monathin posted:

Do we actually have any other hints other than the letter A is the fourth letter in one of the champs skills? I'm curious (and I want to see if it's Lux or Nautilus who get the Legendary).
They also have a vowel in their name (which still doesn't discount Nautilus or Lux)

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Flameingblack posted:

They also have a vowel in their name (which still doesn't discount Nautilus or Lux)

Are there any champions without vowels?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Are there any champions without vowels?
Good point :downs:

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
Has anyone here switched from Dota 2 to LoL? If so, what were the reasons for doing that?

How would you compare both games when played at a higher level?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

I don't really get it. Does it become that at level 18 or something? Is it another upgrade you can buy instead of the E?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Page two isn't bad.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Stefan Prodan posted:

I don't really get it. Does it become that at level 18 or something? Is it another upgrade you can buy instead of the E?

It looks like it'd be a tier 3 upgrade to the Hex Core. Based on that image, that image is taken circa Viktor at level 10.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Kubla Khan posted:

Has anyone here switched from Dota 2 to LoL? If so, what were the reasons for doing that?

How would you compare both games when played at a higher level?

I don't know if this is a really low effort troll attempt but I hope you enjoyed asking the Dota thread for their unique individual opinions as to why LoL is a dumb and bad game played by dumb and bad people!

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Bubble-T posted:

I don't know if this is a really low effort troll attempt but I hope you enjoyed asking the Dota thread for their unique individual opinions as to why LoL is a dumb and bad game played by dumb and bad people!

Not even sure why you think it's a troll. I'm only curious what the game is like at a higher level since I never got to experience it, as compared to its main competitor.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kubla Khan posted:

Not even sure why you think it's a troll. I'm only curious what the game is like at a higher level since I never got to experience it, as compared to its main competitor.

It always is

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kubla Khan posted:

Not even sure why you think it's a troll.

Well, when one of the core rules of the thread is "Don't talk about DotA in the League thread" (and vice versa for the DotA thread), and you come in and ask people specifically to compare and contrast them, especially "at a high level", it's pretty blatant.

It would be slightly less blatant if you just started spewing racial slurs, honestly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There has basically never been a time a DOTA player came into the LOL thread and asked the two to compare one another that it hasn't been an attempt at stupid fanboy poo poo-stirring. I presume the same is true in the DOTA thread which I follow less since none of my friends currently play it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Let's change the topic.

How does high-end League of Legends compare to custard? I've tried low-end League and compared it to jam but I am specifically wondering about high end League vs custard in this case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Mash posted:

Let's change the topic.

How does high-end League of Legends compare to custard? I've tried low-end League and compared it to jam but I am specifically wondering about high end League vs custard in this case.

Custard is less likely to end with racial slurs and self-loathing so it's clearly inferior.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I thought "then why not make a LoL/DOTA comparison thread?" but it would necessarily devolve into feces-flinging apery, probably on the very first page.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So that's why you wanted quotes, OP. Guess I spent those 5 minutes searching a certain post for nothing...

Oh, wait. I'll just post it here, because it was oh so wrong and dumb and wrong.

quote:

Yes, but underfarmed AP Nidalee is more valuable than 30 minute underfarmed AP Karma or most other underfarmed mid-turned-supports. Nidalee scales well into lategame with very few items because she can poke squishies from total safety.

Guess it wouldn't have been a good fit anyway since it requites some context (i.e. it's about pre-rework Nidalee).

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

There has basically never been a time a DOTA player came into the LOL thread and asked the two to compare one another that it hasn't been an attempt at stupid fanboy poo poo-stirring. I presume the same is true in the DOTA thread which I follow less since none of my friends currently play it.

I asked the same question in the Dota 2 thread and got a few meaningful replies, most were obviously very biased but I got some interesting points from ex-League players.

Only reason I asked the same question here was to be more informed instead of staying in the 'the other game is poo poo because I don't play it' frame of mind. 'Trolling' i.e. poo poo-stirring for its own sake was absolutely not my intention and I'm kind of surprised at the hostility my question provoked.

I guess this kind of attitude doesn't cut it in this thread (against the rules, too?). Was worth a try asking, at least.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Today I learned that the most obnoxious thing in the world is playing Ashe. Against a fed assassin, of course, but yes, not making that mistake again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kubla Khan posted:

I asked the same question in the Dota 2 thread and got a few meaningful replies, most were obviously very biased but I got some interesting points from ex-League players.

Only reason I asked the same question here was to be more informed instead of staying in the 'the other game is poo poo because I don't play it' frame of mind. 'Trolling' i.e. poo poo-stirring for its own sake was absolutely not my intention and I'm kind of surprised at the hostility my question provoked.

I guess this kind of attitude doesn't cut it in this thread (against the rules, too?). Was worth a try asking, at least.

You are someone who regularly posts in the DOTA thread and made comments about how boring you find LoL. The 'gosh, I didn't know, why are you all being so mean, the DOTA thread is so much nicer" act isn't fooling anyone.

If you want to know what people like about LoL, feel free to ask actual questions, but when a DOTA player wanders into the thread and starts trying to compare, people are genuinely not going to assume you're asking so innocently after every previous time has been someone trying to start stupid thread-derailing crap because it has happened multiple times. If you have question about the mechanics, metagame or general appeal, people will probably honestly answer, but ask them instead of trying to make it DOTA-related.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 8, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Monathin posted:

If that clue's correct, meaning skills and not passives, and removing everyone who has a legendary/ultimate skin already, sorted by the last skin released - from this I'm feeling Evelynn:

Evelynn (Ravage, 10/5/10)
Poppy (Devastating Blow, Paragon of Demacia, 2/1/11)
Sion (Enrage, 7/18/11)
Skarner (Impale, 8/9/11)
Kog'Maw (Bio-Arcane Barrage, 3/23/12)
Xerath (Arcanopulse, 7/13/12)
Nautilus (Titan's Wrath, 8/10/12)
Sona (Aria of Perseverance, 8/31/12)
Ziggs (Mega Inferno Bomb, 12/14/12)
Garen (Demacian Justice, 2/1/13)
Lux (Final Spark, 2/1/13)
Jarvan IV (Demacian Standard, Cataclysm, 2/8/13)
Xin Zhao (Audacious Charge, 2/8/13)
Hecarim (Devastating Charge, 8/22/13)
Leona (Solar Flare, 9/5/13)
Elise (Volatile Spiderling, 2/12/14)
Singed (Mega Adhesive, Insanity Potion, 3/25/14)
Diana (Lunar Rush, 4/12/14)
Rengar (Savagery, Bola Strike, 7/19/14)
Vayne (Final Hour, 8/1/14)
Zyra (Stranglethorns, 8/1/14)
Pantheon (Spear Shot, Dragonslayer release)
Maokai (Arcane Smash, Goalkeeper release)
Nami (Aqua Prison, Ebb and Flow, Tidal Wave, River Spirit release)
Vi (Assault and Battery, Debonair Vi release)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Flameingblack posted:

From what I read (community theorycrafting basically) it seemed the most likely suspects are Nautilus, Skarner and Xerath. With all the references to Ascension popping up on the PBE I'd think it would be Xerath. Maybe they'll do something like Valve did when they changed Skeleton King into Wraith King and tie in a temporary game-mode into a new piece of visual content (of course in this case it's a Legendary skin instead of a visual upgrade).

ImpAtom posted:

I think Pyrion Flax tried once or twice, but even he couldn't pretend that his angle wasn't basically "why would people play LoL when there is Dota2?" instead of being genuinely curious.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mierenneuker posted:

Guess it wouldn't have been a good fit anyway since it requites some context (i.e. it's about pre-rework Nidalee).

I'm pretty sure this is just as true, if not more so, since Nidalee support is still poo poo, if not shittier.

quote:

If that clue's correct, meaning skills and not passives, and removing everyone who has a legendary/ultimate skin already, sorted by the last skin released - from this I'm feeling Evelynn

I rather doubt it, since they said no new skins for Eve until she gets a VU. My money is on Battlecast Skarner or Kog'Maw, personally.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
A legendary Skarner skin would be literally the most boring thing in the world

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Power of Pecota posted:

Nautilus (Titan's Wrath, 8/10/12)
Leona (Solar Flare, 9/5/13)

Please Riot :qq:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I rather doubt it, since they said no new skins for Eve until she gets a VU. My money is on Battlecast Skarner or Kog'Maw, personally.

They can create a high quality skin to serve as the groundwork for a latter visual rework or for future skins. That's what happened to Garen. So I would still give Eve a chance.

Don't know about Koggie, because he has a variety of skins already.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I loves me some Nautilus, but I'm going to be honest. I can't think of what a Legendary skin for him would even be.

Also this. AstroNautilus is legit.
VVVVVVV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There's no Naut skin better than Astronaut anyway.

• Locked thread