Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Didn't we have a gif of all those hilariously bad Fiddles ults near the end of last thread? Or was it just a cut down youtube video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kubla Khan posted:

Not even sure why you think it's a troll.

Well, when one of the core rules of the thread is "Don't talk about DotA in the League thread" (and vice versa for the DotA thread), and you come in and ask people specifically to compare and contrast them, especially "at a high level", it's pretty blatant.

It would be slightly less blatant if you just started spewing racial slurs, honestly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I loves me some Nautilus, but I'm going to be honest. I can't think of what a Legendary skin for him would even be.

Also this. AstroNautilus is legit.
VVVVVVV

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ARAMs has been doing a poo poo job of team making lately.

We just faced a team where all 5 members had a shield. It was exactly as bullshit as you would expect it to be. Orianna, Morgana, Janna, Diana, and Thresh(anna).

Kind of brutal in a game mode where sustain is at a premium.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Isn't catching the people doing it generally the problem anyway? It's already a relatively serious crime if you get caught, just because of the amount of money you're costing the companies involved which racks up the damages. But they generally can't track the attacks down to some guy's house in California or something to prosecute.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Flameingblack posted:

The TPA, SKT, and Championship Thresh skins are all up in the store right now, presumably the FNatic skins are coming soon.

I'm extremely upset because I just got all the Championship skins from Riot and now they're in the store again. My snowflake status! :smith:

Are they in the store for the duration of Worlds? I've got Championship thresh and some of the TPA skins, but I was out of the state on business when the SKT skins were in the store and I wouldn't mind picking them up.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Observe Me posted:

Yeah go queue

I've been playing Azir top lane with AP Bruiser (Maokai) runes and masteries, and so far, I prefer him top.

SRO was playing him top yesterday and today. Unless they just had their jungle sit top the entire laning phase and go to literally no other lanes, they couldn't really do anything about him.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

curiousCat posted:

That just sounds like Heimer again, though.

Yes, but with a Jarvan dash!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

frajaq posted:

Oh man just noticed that Sion has VO lines against certain enemies, and also when he buys certain items :allears: It was the one thing I wished Riot would pick from Dota 2 and they did it!

Hadn't they done that previously (for at least the "buying certain items" part) for at least a couple champs before?

Regardless, it's a nice touch either way.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Schiavona posted:

Anyone else having constant client crashes this patch? It won't affect actual games, other than auto-minimizing to let me know the client crashed (and removing my ability to report/honor [mostly report] at the end of the game), but it's obnoxious as gently caress to have a crash and have to log in again every 10 minutes.

Sort of. Every time I complete a game, one of two things happens: I either get the normal post-game lobby but a Bug Splat crash reporter window pops up too asking me to report my client crash (which it didn't), or I get no Bug Splat, but instead of the post game lobby I get a "The game has crashed! Please use the button below to reconnect" prompt and the reconnect button as if I had left a game in progress. If I get the latter I either have to restart the client or have someone invite me to a game to get back to the main menu.

As for the client actually crashing and not just reporting false crashes? Nope.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Luna Was Here posted:

i played it for the first time the other day
i got flamed for not knowing anything about the game despite it being the first time i played that game, which introduced a whole new barrage of bitching from my teammates, so i finished that game and thought about how great it is that dota is swallowing it whole

This is the true MOBA experience. In my first game of Infinite Crisis, during the closed beta my teammates called me a retard and a human being for being new, and in that game you were fighting a terrible UI on top of the standard beta bugs and lack of knowledge that comes with being new to an unreleased game.

On a completely unrelated note, I won't be playing Infinite Crisis.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Luna Was Here posted:

wait, that game still exists?

It does, and is supposedly "going live" sometime soon. I tried to watch a stream of it at work one night, but the guy was in queue for over 40 minutes and passed the time talking about how much better it was than League of Legends, and how it would be more successful if Riot weren't bribing their players to play League instead.

I still haven't received my bribe. :saddowns:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

JerryLee posted:

Jesus, this is buffer/stutter city. I don't know if it's your end because it sure doesn't seem to be mine, based on general internet performance. Maybe it's just Twitch.

It was buffering a lot for me too, but sometimes Twitch is just like that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tonetta posted:

i think the game would improve a lot if they put a link to the patch notes somewhere on the actual client basically i just dont want to google right now and im not gonna bother looking for them

It's in the lower right corner of the launcher, if that helps.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tonetta posted:

does it give me the same advantage that king tryndamere does with auto attack animations

Isn't Viking Tryndamere (or whatever his legacy skin is) the skin with the most useful AA animation?

Plus, the new skin doesn't excite me. If I wanted to style on people, I'd just use Warring Kingdoms Tryndamere. :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CashEnsign posted:

What is a good lifesteal champ? Like someone who rocks with a bloodthirster.

Vladimir! :pseudo:

It's pretty good on Kalista, I think?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I honestly hope they do go through with the server moves to a more central location. Yeah, I can play with a 120-140 ping from the East Coast, but if I can suddenly get a sub-100 ping instead and the guys on the west coast end up with the same thing, then I'll take that. Seems pretty fair.

Plus, the tears from the pros and streamers who are suddenly in allegedly unplayable circumstances because they have to deal with a double digit ping will be glorious. Life isn't always fair, even when you're a professional. :v:

Fake edit: Also, pros being "the players it matters to most" isn't objective. They make the "best" use of lower latency from a skill standpoint, but they're not the majority of the playerbase or the income. Screwing a big part of your players for the sake of a few high level players is asinine. If they're that worried about it, they could open a competitive skirmish server in the current location that pros could use to host their practice games.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zetta_Slow posted:

What do you guys think about Kench Runes & Masteries?
In jungle and top lane I usually go Movement Speed Quints, Attack Speed Marks, Armor Seals, Scaling MR Glyphs. My top mastery page is 2/22/0, my jungle one is 8/22/0.
And on support I run two Gold Quints, an Armor Quint, Armor Marks, Scaling Health, and Scaling MR.

Laning is usually pretty rough until I hit 6, and csing is a little bit harder with only 2 in Offense, but I'm wondering if there is a better page or if MS Quints just aren't that good on him.

I've been trying out the aTahmic Bomb in lane myself. I've been trying attack speed quints with the marks, though I'm undecided if I like move speed better for the quints. I'm leaning Aspd, though. For yellows and blues I run scaling HP and scaling MR. Not sure if flat HP would be better for some additional pre-6 tank in lane.

I basically just run my Mundo masteries 0/30/0. Because gently caress 'em, that's why.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A well played, trolly Singed is a wonder to behold. A friend of mine decided he wanted to get back to plat at least before the end of the season after decaying out, so I was spectating his first ranked game in awhile. On his team was a guy who picked Singed into Fiora. He gave up first blood just barely to the 1v2, rushed Raptor Cloak and then proxy'd them between their inhib turret and the inner turret. They could not catch him for poo poo after his first death. No matter how many they sent top, he would usually come away with at least 1 if not 2 kills before escaping into the woods spamming laugh and his Mastery emote. Fiora may be god tier right now, but she still needs to respect rule #1 of facing Singed: Never chase Singed.

By the time they surrendered, he using Zz'rot portal to take down top towers while pushing other lanes and breaking up just about every fight the other team tried to start.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SlyFrog posted:

So even though it still says I can play ranked games, that's like "pre-season ranked," right?

What I'm really asking here is, I'm not going to lose my really sweet Silver border if I lose a shitload of games between now and the 18th and fall back into Bronze, right? No takesy-backsies if I was Silver when the season "ended?"

Your ELO can change now towards where you start next season, your rewards are already locked in. You're safe. By the same token, if you go on a hot streak and get to Gold, you won't get Gold rewards, but you might get placed into Gold next season when it starts officially.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SlyFrog posted:

Man the game is weird now. I'm torn between just setting it aside for a while and coming back later and hoping it feels more normal, and figuring it out.

It's all going to change anyway. Stuff is so batshit insane right now, big chunks of it are going to get tuned one way or another. If you don't find the game fun, there's plenty of preseason left after it gets tweaked for you to learn.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

exethan posted:

I got like 20 kills as jax AMA

What are you planning to build as your second item in that game, since you clearly finished your rageblade and are only a few minutes into the game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Darth Windu posted:

So games are shorter and late game champs are bad but jax is good?? This makes no sense to me, thanks for reading my post, love gowby.

Jax beats everyone else to lategame, because his full build is 1 item and then he makes you bite the pillow.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just wait until your promos, you'll be facing SK T1 every game. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kashuno posted:

Trundle takes me to s4. The freelo train never stops

There's a reason he's the Troll King, after all.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Clearly the best possible solution is to make only one queue, which is for individual players but uses the new Dynamic slotting. Then nobody gets to have friends and everybody can be mad together.

In all seriousness, I haven't tried the new system yet because I was queueing for it and was stuck in queue for like 20 minutes, and then I just said gently caress it and played ARAMs instead. I like the idea of knowing what I'll get to play before I queue, less so the idea of getting kicked in the teeth by full teams as a group of solo. But who knows how often that happens?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

flyingkiwi posted:

I JUST REALISED THE MORON I WAS TRYING TO SUPPORT WAS A BRONZE PLAYER IN A TRIO QUEUE

That's awesome! gently caress, he was insanely terrible!

No, he was an opportunity to find new like minded friends to play League of Legends with through the magic of Dynamic Queue.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

This just in Quinn is still totally fair.

That is all.

Poor Darius, that has to be an abominable matchup for him. Would you mostly play Quinn against tanky meelee bruisers and try to avoid against going against more bursty folk like Fiora or what? I don't play Quinn, so I'm legitimately curious.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Stupid Baby posted:

What's good against Nasus? I can poop on his lane with Olaf but I feel like I can't teamfight as well as I'd like to particularly if people aren't on the same page since he's completely all in and doesn't have meaningful peel. I used to run Gnar into that but the last 5 times I've lost that one hard.

Bruisers with good bases, I would think. Somebody that can make him work for his early money and stacks. Graves obviously (because he shits on everyone), Malphite would be decent. Renekton works him over early but drops off later. Or go full counter-troll pick and play Singed. :getin:

[EDIT] Ultimately, Big Dog is going to eat eventually. To quote Dan Patrick, "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him."

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 27, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Yeah Renekton was always a bit of an iffy pick unless you really knew your poo poo. Olaf works very very well for denying Nasus, I just feel like he's underwhelming at contributing to the team sometimes, and the nerf to Tiamat hurts. Malphite is something I'll try and maybe Darius too although wither seems like it would be a problem since his aspd is already so bad. Cleaver reliant champs in particular just seem kind of iffy vs Nasus since he's going to rush a FH anyway

In Darius case, he gets enough attacks out to make Nasus have a bad time. Cleave adds his bleeds, his W is an AA reset and a slow of its own, etc. It may not be Old Darius, but it's got more sustain so there's that.

On an unrelated note, I enjoyed pre-rework Darius even if he was very feast or famine. They should add a champ that is just old Darius kit. They could even make it Darius and Draven's dad or something. Darius Sr., the true "Old Darius". Plus he would be so stupid with new masteries and items.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

Play her into like... Anyone who can't 100-0 with a clean gap-closer (e.g. Malphite).

So Wukong and Malphite, maybe Riven? Kind of curious how she does against Graves, honestly. Her flip should help against his dash, and she's got longer range, but his ult contributes more to a fight and he gets a bunch of free stats. Have you played that matchup?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I just watch for the random skulls in the background.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ceros_X posted:

Decent but I already own better Vlad and Ashe skins.

But how can you resist the charms of Racist Tryndamere?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Servaetes posted:

We're aware that when attempting to spectate a game that has Sona, the spectate client crashes. We're working on fixing this at this time.

what the gently caress

Have better Renekton skin, Pool Party Zac, Hyena Warwick, lol, maaaaybe, I don't think I've played Zilean all that much

At least you got the best Darius skin, so there's that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Servaetes posted:

I actually like Lex Luthor Darius more if I really had to be honest

I keep waiting for them to make a Kharn the Betrayer Darius skin. Chain axe, skull and spikes power armor, evil voice synth over his lines, done.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I love that the banner ad placed at the top of the page (when I most recently loaded this thread) was "A League of Competitors. A League of Creators. A League of Friends."

Competitors? Sure. Creators? Well, I guess things get created. Friends? With friends like these, who needs enemies? It should have immediately cut to some guy raging and throwing various slurs at his team. "A League of Racist Assholes. Download League of Legends now!"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If the Lunar Revel store were an actual physical store, I think I would be obligated to burn it to the ground.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

golden bubble posted:

1/27: Xin Zhao's Battle Cry (W) - Passive heal now also has a .3 bonus AD ratio. Passive now also includes " and critically strikes his target for 60/70/80/90/100% additional damage."
1/28: Xin Zhao's Battle Cry (W) - on third hit additional damage lowered to 40/50/60/70/80% from 60/70/80/90/100%
1/29: Xin Zhao's Battle Cry (W) - third hit crit strike bonus damage lowered to 25/37.5/50/62.5/75% from 40/50/60/70/80%

Guess they're actually admitting this might have been a mistake.

And it'll still be brutal as hell.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Corbeau posted:

I can't describe how unhappy I am about the new AD caster item with mini-zed ult attached. It's taken for-loving-ever just to figure out how to live with a sliver of health, consistently, and now Riot has determined that's not okay and ADCs don't get to play the game again.

Assassins are nothing but a negative play experience and, frankly, should not even be a part of the game. Bruisers capable of killing carries are strictly better for gameplay than assassins.

Deep down, Riot knows this. It's not even really just marksmen that don't get to play. Everybody but the tank is getting one shot eventually. There's a reason that champions like Rengar are released, one shot people and see tons of play, then get dumpstered because of lack of sufficient counterplay to "die instantly".

Then they design a new burst assassin or item and the cycle repeats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

el dingo posted:

I'm at that really poo poo point of fresh 30 where I don't have enough IP for all the champs I want nor the runes needed to optimize them. I still have a general AD page of ad, armour, MR, movespeed quints that serves as my top, jungle and support for every lane plus an AP page.

6.3k for a new page unghhhh plus the runes...

Hop in the goon channel and play group games. Group bonus IP is pretty sweet.

• Locked thread