Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Fine. They'll just ban Pantheon then :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I just bought Gangplank to dick around as a toplane pick, what are some fun gimmicky and not so gimmicky runepages and builds to play the drunken pirate captain?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I was just watching imaqtpie stream his duo queue with Kiwi. They just ran a Quinn ADC/ Poppy support botlane and won. :stare:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Why is that surprising?

It's quinn and poppy and they have lost more than their fair share of challenger games duoing playing "real" picks.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Always get Zhonya's on support morg after Frostfang, sightstone, and mobis. It also gives that extra oomph on your huge ratios.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brannock posted:

Dear Gold players, stop loving picking Thresh. He loving sucks now, he got all the power gutted out of his kit because he had actually fun mechanics and interaction in the game and Riot absolutely cannot tolerate that because they're intentionally setting out to make the game as bland oatmeal as possible. Thresh joins Elise in the dumpster, soon to be accompanied by Lee Sin once Riot finishes rolling out their original Lee nerfs as slowly as possible so the community won't notice.

Pick Leona if you want to kill dudes or Blitzcrank if you want to hook dudes. And expect to see a Gameplay Rework on Thresh in a year or so because of a Toxic Kit that Doesn't Promote Counterplay and Doesn't Have Enough Levers to Balance It. We Want to Create a Support Pattern for Thresh that will successfully Communicate the Fantasy of being a Ghostly Spooky Mister Chain.

Counterpoint: Thresh can pull in your jungler from behind your tower to the middle of botlane while simultaneously hooking someone into him. He's only as strong as the player that picks him.

Thresh is stupidly overloaded with retarded poo poo that I hate simply because his lantern is the most game-warping support skill in the game at the moment. ADC farming unsafely? You engage 2v1 and wreck their face then all of a sudden a thresh lantern over the wall and a The Box (maybe a flay) later and any aggression you might have had is shut down. Couple that with decently strong burst from his ult and E passive and you have an annoying as gently caress champion that can do anything but sustain (oh wait, actually relic shield exists so he has a little bit of that too!)

Right now I want to say he's simply ok with the ult nerf, Riot could make him do literally no damage and people would still pick him for his insane amount of potential.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I've been trying Tankplank lately vs. the recent 4 AD spam in normals (you see a lot of Yasuo/Zed or Talon teams) and it feels really good to just wreck someone's face as they kill themselves on you. It's hard to outrun a GP with gauntlet and Raise Morale. Every fight I would walk up to Yasuo when he engaged and just faceroll him. If he tried to attack me he died from thornmail and fruit bait. Also, Yasuo can't avoid your ult since it doesn't count as a projectile :v:.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Wait, so the recent changes to Thresh were:

Dark Passage
Now only shields the first ally to be near the Lantern in addition to Thresh.

Flay
Fixed a tooltip bug that listed Flay's slow duration as 1.5 seconds instead of 1 second.

The Box
No longer deals additional damage to opponents that break extra walls beyond the first.

And suddenly he's terrible? idgi

edit: My point is that they only nerfed the things that weren't what people considered the strongest parts of his kit. He still has his ridiculous lantern saves, flay disengage, death sentence pick potential, and ult slowing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

The issue with vayne mechanics is that they are by definition balls to the wall, and the difference between a good fight and a bad fight could be as simple as "take 5 less minion damage" or "drat his cc came up a half second too quick". Either it looks really good or you've actively thrown, with basically 0 in between.

This is why if you want a hypercarry you should pick Trist since she has a huge jump and ridiculous self peel ult and can just a-move into the enemy team to kill them. :v:

Is riot planning at all to do something about Trist?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Alris posted:

Someone tell me how to be a not poo poo Yasuo, thanks in advance.

Avoid the Lee Syndrome and don't get cocky if you get fed/are ahead since that's how I see literally every Yasuo lose a game, doing dumbshit like 1v3 or trying to duel Fiora.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Goonnorms!

I can't believe I beat a plat 3 Yasuo in lane as AD Nami. Literally everything he tried to do I countered hard. Windwall? E self, wait for it to go down, slow him and kite/chase him til' half hp. He hard engages on you? Bubble yourself, watch him flounder as you chop him to death with bubbles. Need to get a quick kill? Ult -> Bubble -> E -> ignite burst him to death. He tries to wittle you down using minions? Blue buff charged heal, loser!

I wish we won, but Udyr got insanely fed and refused to die, so we lost :( It was a good game though!

How Rude fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 13, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Angry Walrus posted:

All I'm getting from this is that you need to Quinn it to win it.

Agreed. Her bird powers were too strong.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Fiddlestick's weakness would be that he has no answer to champions without his team's help to enemies like Vi or Udyr just walking in and whacking him to death with their superior mobility and interrupts for his drain, and pre-6 ganks are kind of hard to pull off.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Wolery posted:

What's a good build for Gangplank if your plan is to split push all year?

Shiv/Hydra, Gauntlet if you are vs. a lot of AD. Honestly I just build whatever will win me lane out of those three items then try to complete the other one or two.

A lot of my endgame builds vs. a team with 4 AD end up being Tabi/Hydra/Gauntlet/LastWhisper/Thornmail/Randuin's, while a non-AD heavy team I go for something like Tread's/Hydra/defensive lane item/Shiv(early avarice)/IE/tank item.

Ult fuckers halfway across the map, tp in and wreck their faces with parrley slows and crits. Cause mayhem and just in general make the enemy team hate you so they try to kill you.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Don't read the comments section. I did and my brain started melting from all the retarded and inaccurate pubbie statements strewn everywhere about the game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

It's only necessary for competitive play with prize money on the line. Nobody's solo queue matches (no matter what tier they are) are important enough to warrant wasting 9 other people's time with long pauses. I have nightmare flashbacks back to games of Warcraft III or customs in that where you would just sit in games for 10-15 minutes while people disconnected and reconnected and it would just keep counting down forever keeping the game perpetually paused. I have no desire to see a pause function ever implemented in this game.

I wouldn't mind pause with a few limits. Like, a 2 minute pause on disconnection in case it was a weird spot or whatever, but after that all bets are off.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Minrad posted:

Do you have Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome?

Thank you.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

mango sentinel posted:

Why does every ADC in ARAM insist on building Hurricane? Even in ARAM the best case scenario of multiple enemy champs being clumped rarely happens in a situation you can sit there and damage.

It's aram you build stupid poo poo because nobody cares.

Besides having 2.5 AS is so much fun.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

chumbler posted:

Gnar seems like one of the very few champions who could reasonably consider zephyr part of his core build.

Not a true man lane without a Taric.

Darius/Taric sounds hellishly evil as a botlane gimmick. Stun someone as taric -> pull -> shred from shatter -> bleed stacks all over = dead carry.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brannock posted:

I don't understand why people don't run Graves mid. He has a low cooldown nuke, benefits very well from blue, has a ranged slow/blind and a dash to get out of ganks or to jump walls, and his Q/R combo deletes heroes. On top of that, he benefits even better than Talon/Zed do from the new AD itemization. His slightly low range isn't as much of a liability in mid where you're frequently up against melee or lower-range mages, and he's naturally bulky helping with trades and taking harass.

And if having one champion that can shred towers and objectives is good, then what about having... two?!

He just seems like a much safer AD pick to go mid if you have an AP top or something -- safer than Talon or Zed or something. He has really impressive AOE damage as well.

He doesn't have nearly as much single target burst as an AD assassin which means he can't just delete the enemy ADC or APC instantly unless he gets hilariously fed, and he doesn't have near as much utility or CC as a conventional AP mage. So why bother? Tristana would be a much better pick mid if you want an amazing tower taker lategame and has one of the safest laning phases to boot.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

QTPie is playing a ton of MF per the request of his subs and has repeatedly called her a terrible champion while going legendary. Last game he went like 16/4 and killed everyone trying to fight him. "loving MF ult does no damage, it's so worthless I won't even use it to clear wolves"

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

What sort of tumblr bullshit is this. Using the example of domestic abuse to help describe a behavior is perfectly acceptable because its the same mental process that lets someone be a total oval office anywhere and say they "aren't that bad". This is an example that would be used in a psychology class to help explain and describe the application and range of a particular behavioral theory. No poo poo that being a dick in a video game is nowhere near the same level as beating your wife but no one is saying that you nerd.

Add this to the op please.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
QTPie was talking about MF itemization and said that AS is quite literally one of the best stats you can build for her besides AD. He thought Triforce was garbage and even played a game with it where he stated he strongly disliked it.

I don't think Tri is that great of an item on MF when you can rush straight AD AS CRit and carry lord with your superior duel potential.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kreczor posted:

So... Fiora vs Gnar is kind of a good matchup. For Fiora.
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1497719646/34705700

I'm finally getting more comfortable going into the jungle and top lanes now instead of only adc/support. I got tired of losing games so I figured it's time to start carrying, and now that I picked up Fiora and Nasus recently it shouldn't be too hard.

I took Fiora against Methanar in a goonman last night and he wrecked my poo poo even with his 1000 ping half the time, so you do have to be careful in that matchup. What I tried to do was wait out his Mega Gnar form because Mega Gnar gets too many free stats and way too much CC for Fiora to maul his face off. Afterwords though Gnar can't avoid your double gapcloser and straight up loses a 1v1 slapfight, so it's easy to stick to him in his weak form and all-in his squishy rear end early on.

Gnar can be really scary but it really depends on your mechanical skills to succeed as Gnar, his kit looks really really hard to pull off correctly.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you want to take a tanky support into a solo lane do Alistar. He has sick AP ratios and does well with tanky AP/lichbane builds.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Regardless of base movespeed, you should always buy boots in a lane where a single skillshot can mean death, like Morg/Blitz support or the aforementioned Ahri.

Thanks to Ryze and Morgana I managed to obtain Gold V and win the stupid victorious content. gently caress that poo poo.

Turns out Lucian top against a Ryze was not the best choice for my opponent. I got five kills early game, caitlyn got fed, and we steamrolled mid until we won.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
People that struggle to do well as Singed don't seem to understand that fling -> poison and autoing does a fuckload of damage early on and can win you fights if you hit level 2 first. I think Singed has the highest base AD in the game?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

itsjustdrew posted:

It's hilarious if you build him AP with 'very little' tank. Boots, 3 pots, rush giants belt > Warmog > Boots of swiftness (or MT/NT if you prefer) Tear of the goddess, using your Q to build it, rylais, liandry's torment, archangels and the deathcap. you end up with over 500 AP if i remember right with over 4000 health with the AAstaff (passive)

Warmog's is a bad item on Singed, you're better off getting resists to complement all the free HP you get from RoA. Always get RoA since his passive effectively converts the mana into even more HP. Tear rush isn't that great compared to the sheer stack of stats that singed gets from a full stack RoA.

EDIT: Not to mention that you will have absolutely no loving mana sustain at all and will run out after one fling -> poison combo. Start Flask + 3 pot to survive your lovely early game and cs as much as possible, try and return with a Catalyst ASAP so you can sustain even harder, rush a RoA and probably merc treads, boots 3 if the enemy team has very few CC/just a bunch of slows, then rush a Rylai's for the slow on your Q. Guise wouldn't be a bad item after this, and then getting your resist items of choice (thornmail/randuin's/frozen heart for AD, SV or Banshee's vs. AP). Rabadon's is not really worth it since Ryliandrie's should be enough to melt whatever loser is following you.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 19, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you play ADC/Support in any way, shape, or form you will always always want to ban Braum/Yasuo. Abilities that effectively remove a carry's damage or a supports CC for even a few seconds are ridiculous.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
There is no such thing as being "stuck" in bronze when your skill level is actually mid silver or whatever. If you truly understand the fundamental mechanics/game flow and can play a champion well you can carry a game all by yourself in bronze. Advice for getting out of bronze is picking Top/Mid/ADC and dominating the enemy's piss poor mechanical skill and map awareness and winning the game by default.

This is how champions like Riven win the game for their team. You win lane really loving hard and become such a menace to the enemy team they have to send at least three top to kill you (but not before you kill two of them). Once the enemies are pushed to their inhib turret toplane you start roaming bot and killing the ever-loving poo poo out of the bronzes that have no map awareness, likely no vision, and bad mechanics and decision making.

This is why common advice given to someone asking how to raise up their rank in League of Legends is to "gain experience" and "practice harder". Because that's literally all there is to it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Poulpe posted:

I'm sure he will see (another) rework once his inevitable VU comes through the pipeline. Like you said he still "works" but is about the most boring support possible who still completely has old Sona-aura problems.

If they take away Taric's armor giving aura I will riot because that is literally the only reason I ever pick him.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
After watching Salty Teemo and seeing the builds/play I can't believe anyone that may be "stuck" in Bronze V-IV to be actually kept from reaching their "true ranking". If you honestly keep losing in Runaan's Hurricane bronze you probably are supposed to be there.

EDIT: Silver V is a million times better than Bronze V. Bronze V is full of people that may as well be smashing their keyboards randomly and level 4 soloing dragon.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brannock posted:

A good Galio is seriously spooky to play against. Monster base damages and low cooldowns, clutch shields, pinpoint slows, a teamwide speed buff? Then there's his waveclear and strong trading in lane. Then, drat, you throw in an epic mass disable that ends with a shattering nuke. On top of all this... he gets stronger by building defense?!

I'd say he's brutally overtuned right now.

Or you can just kite his stupid rear end and force him to use a flash to even think about engaging. His weakness lies in his lack of instant mobility making it hard for him to land a good ult, unlike amumu who stuns and dashes to a single target and immediately stuns four people.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I loving hate Yasuo. And Braum. gently caress the walls.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

my pog boyfriend posted:

Riot is actually learning from what they did to Yasuo?? Well I never

I have no problem with the walls but one time Braum shielded and flashed in front of my ult as Draven and saved his team mate and that was really loving cool so I didn't care that my ult was literally nullified

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were more temporary, like after X hits or damage they give way, because as an ADC or Support being unable to use any projectiles past them is ridiculous for how long they last. Effectively removing ADC dps for 3.75 seconds (3-4 seconds for braum) is enough to make an ADC or Support worthless for a whole teamfight. Rather than have Yasuo throw out a windwall right when a fight breaks out to catch whatever I'd like it to last a shorter amount of time but also perhaps on a bit of a shorter cooldown to promote using it reactively rather than neutering the enemy ADC's offense. Ditto to Morg shield, it would be way better if these skills were closer to Sivir's spellshield in terms of duration and spell usage.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

nrook posted:

Wind wall owns, champions having skills that dramatically impact the battlefield in simple, predictable ways is way better than skills that make some numbers go up or maybe down. It's exactly what a utility spell should be on a hero like Yasuo: simple, easy to understand yet cool and powerful.

I said that I wouldn't mind them if they didn't last so long. I know they have really long cooldowns but their impact is so heavy on the ADC that it makes it really hard for you to win a teamfight unless you manage to force a Yasuo to use it (not easy if the Yasuo has any braincells). Shorter duration but also shorter cooldowns I think better represent League's focus on twitch reaction gameplay and outplaying your opponent mechanically.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Has Riot said anything about Alistar's solo laning power? Alistar isn't overly offensive until he gets a sheen item but it's becoming ridiculous how easy it is for Alistar to 1v1 anyone at level 6 from all the extra AD he gets along with the 70% damage reduction. You also can't back off of him and wait out his ult because he will use it if you try to kill him or use it right after stun -> headbutting you down the lane towards his tower.

At this point you need a shitload of true damage to even think about killing him at level 6. It's not unlike pre-nerf Soraka in terms of "gently caress you" potential to many of the common toplane picks.

I think the early AD bonus on his ult should be nerfed or the early 70% reverted back to 50%, to give him some sort of riskiness in the early laning phase.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Are there any good resources for Dominion? I feel like I lose most every game to the teammate lottery, but I really need something to help with decisions and strategy for this map.

Pick Taric and become an unkillable shithead so that you can constantly defend a turret from the enemies. Taric is absurdly strong in this map because earning gold is not an issue so you can get something like Frozenheart/Sunfire/Spirit Visage and never die while melting enemies with your shatter, sunfire bonus, and passive procs.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
ADC is just a hard role to play in general because you are playing a champion that can die in two clicks from whatever annoying loving fed rear end assassin like Fizz or Talon got fed midlane and all the poo poo just bleeds into botlane as you get four man dove and there is little you can do about it.

My only gripe about playing botlane in solo queue is that if a solo lane gets fed (usually mid, sometimes even toplane with a tp) they come into botlane and gently caress whatever lead I managed to get. It's irritating as hell relying on your teammates to at the very least not die constantly so that you can actually fight mid-late and not just get steamrolled because you don't have a frontline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

You could just not care that it neuters her mid role since no one has played her mid in like a year.

Or you could just give her better ratios and nuke the stun duration on her CC.

Just nerf the snare's duration half a second and make the E last a much shorter duration or increase its cooldown greatly I guess. I always played her mid before she suddenly became the best support.

• Locked thread