Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Didn't we have a gif of all those hilariously bad Fiddles ults near the end of last thread? Or was it just a cut down youtube video.

It was a youtube video. It's in the 2nd post, in all it's glory :allears:

(ground floor motherfuckers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is that not fake?

No, it's real. :woop:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

TheBuckmister posted:

The Yasuo skin is Raiden, not Sam. He's got the white hair, the visor, and he does the sword-heel thing as one of his taunts. Turn in your nerd badges at the door.

Ah, but his sword is red! Checkmate :smug:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Something like a week ago, somebody posted a website that not only provided stats about a given game, but had a map that showed where the players were at any given time. Can anyone remember what website that was? :shobon:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Che Delilas posted:

You may be thinking of Riot's own new match history. It doesn't show where players are at any given time but it does have a map of where all the kills were (there's a button at the end of all your games that will take you to this).

The website I'm thinking of was even more in depth than that. You could choose any time, down to tens of seconds and it would show you were they were on the map. It showed you how many times a spell was cast, how much damage it did, who it hit etc. It was really in depth and I really wish I'd saved the link :(

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 16, 2014

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's it! Many thanks, friend.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Brannock posted:

Graves has excellent waveclear. He's also ranged. Dunno, I could never make melee mids work for me so maybe I'm biased on that view.

For top lane... there's Lissandra, Ryze, Annie :laugh:, Swain, and Warwick. I've seen Akali top a few times but I can't figure out why. I wonder if Karma could work top lane, she used to be overwhelmingly strong in the 1v1 lane in Dominion thanks to Mantra link.

Karma works great top lane, in my experience. She's totally brutal vs melee.

Also, somebody just drophacked an ARAM I was in. I can't really understand why you'd drophack the explicitly for-fun mode :(

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Saki posted:

What's the consensus on Gnar? He seems kind of lovely. His level 6 spike is pretty insane but after that he just sort of goes kaput.

He's a lot like Yasuo, in that if you can play him well he's really good, but if you can only play him to even slightly below the required level, his effectiveness falls off a cliff.
This Gnar video was posted earlier, but owns, so I'll post it again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XX4MB_wR_A

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Anora posted:

Just wondering did anyone else notice that Thresh actually picks up the souls he collect with his lantern, so you can actually just toss he W out to grab souls under a Turret?
Did, uh, you really only just notice this? It notes that interaction in the in-game description on his passive, dude :psyduck:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

a medical mystery posted:

If I'm reading right assassins will destroy him, it sounds like he needs to go into a channeling-like state to command his units.

Where are you getting that from? It seems pretty simple to me - the sand soldiers essentially just act as an increased auto-attack range for him (although we don't know what kind of damage they do or how much).

His Q does seem to have quite a brutally long animation on it though, but without watching someone play him we can't know how restrictive it is with letting you cancel out of it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

I don't understand how Kassadin doesn't have a galactic skin, he's basically this guy anyways make it happen already.

Azir's release skin is basically a Protoss, so there's that.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Smettbo posted:

EDIT: Didn't want to make a new post for this quick question. Scenario: A Zed ults you, but you Exhaust him and then kill him before the mark goes off. When the mark does go off, does the damage reduction from Exhaust still apply?
Uh, yes and no. So, the mark damage is equal to the damage he deals while the mark debuff is on you, yeah. So if you Exhaust him, he does, say, 1k damage reduced to 600 by Exhaust. Exhaust then runs out, but he does no more damage to you. The mark detonation will do (150/210/300 (depending on Zed's ult level) + Zed's AD) damage.

If you can time it right, between Exhaust and CC on Zed, you can force the mark to double dip the Exhaust damage reduction, so using the example above, the mark would do (150 + 50% of his AD) :v:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

TheRevTastic posted:

Technically you don't, the season ends a bit after worlds, then there is the pre-season, then the next season. You have until the season ends.

The season will end in November.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's a Veigar thing. He's wearing some pretty big gauntlets.

edit: After looking Gnar also has three fingers and a thumb. The other Yordles have four fingers and a thumb. Teemo is wearing mittens.

Her model has 3 fingers :spergin:

Poppy's has 4 though...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

If Madstone Udyr is so easy I'm doing this on my third time ever touching the champion how do so many players gently caress games entirely up

Why have people in this thread started buying Frozen Fist and Triforce at the same time?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:eyepop:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So apparently there's a bug that lets certain champions bug their teammate's spells - including letting them use their ults at level 1.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Few pages back, I know, but..

Transient People posted:

MF has a really good base AS though. The only carries with higher AS than her are Quinn, Twitch and Draven.
Someone posts this every couple of months in this thread, but it's not true?
pre:
Level 0, without any per-level scaling:

Twitch:   0.679 (+3.38%)
Draven:   0.679 (+2.7%)
Quinn:    0.668 (+3.1%)
Varus:    0.658 (+3%)
Vayne:    0.658 (+4%)
Ashe:     0.658 (+4%)
Sivir:    0.658 (+1.6%)
MF:       0.656 (+3.01%)
Trist:    0.656 (+2.5%)

Level 18:

Ashe:    1.105
Vayne:   1.105
Twitch:  1.07
Cait:    1.05
Quinn:   1.021
Lucian:  0.996
Varus:   0.993
MF:      0.992

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Something of note: that S@20 link also data-mined the current range on the pull on Kalista's ult, it's 1400 units.

For comparison, Nocturne's ult at first rank has a range of 2000 units.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

A few months ago, somebody in this thread told me that Evelynn's E does not activate on-hit effects. Today I return, to tell that person that they were wrong :colbert:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Riven is super strong at the moment so don't feel bad. The recent buff was bigger than most people realize! She'll probably be nerfed again soon

What changes? The last change she received was in April. The Q/auto-attack change is currently only on the PBE, not live.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

I don't know or care about jungle bug but Tiamat gives literally no sustain so I assume you mean hydra.

Tiamat gives Heath Regen.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

morning wood posted:

Can anyone explain the Vi and Riven animation cancels? I think Vi's has something to do with E after aa'ing and Riven's is E/R at the same time but I'm not seeing anything special or flashy happen with either champion when I try it.

Riven's ult has a cast time/animation, but you can cast it during the E dash. This lets you avoid spending 0.5 seconds doing nothing/giving your opponent time to react.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Endorph posted:

isn't arcade sona already dj sona enough

What about Arcade Sona says "DJ" to you?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

fnox posted:

what changes?

quote:

E - Molten Shield
ARMOR / MAGIC RESISTANCE BONUS 20/30/40/50/60 10/20/30/40/50

R - Summon: Tibbers
new DON'T RUN FROM BEARS When Annie casts Molten Shield, Tibbers gains +300 bonus movement speed, decaying over 0.75 seconds
new MOLTEN TIBBERS Tibbers now also receives the benefits of Molten Shield when Annie casts it while he's up
DIET TIBBERS Tibbers' collision radius has been reduced to let him move past minions easier

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

What happened to the Trist splash art? Did they revert it? The current splash and the new model don't look anything like.

There was a huge amount of negative feedback about it, so they reverted it and will update it later.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's good that they might be rethinking the exposed midriff and whatnot, like they have for complaints about other young characters in the past.
:confused: That's not what they're doing at all though? The splash art for her new model was obviously unfinished, so they reverted it. Also, I don't think Tristana has ever had a stated age?

quote:

Hey all, due to the unfinished state of Tristana's new splash, we'll be pulling it from her release to further iterate and polish on it.

quote:

If I wasn't clear, we want to get the new splash out as soon as possible, but when it's in a completed state.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

It doesn't stack. It starts at 15 increases at level 7/13 to 20/25. It only lasts 3 seconds though.

E: It's pretty much a better version of Fiddle's passive in every way.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Am I the only one who kinda thinks DJ Sona was supposed to be the ultimate that came out when Udyr's did except they weren't happy with it for whatever reason and decided to make Udyr's visual update an ultimate instead so they could fulfill their promise of getting an ultimate out last year? I mean comparatively, Udyr's skin is really quite poo poo whereas DJ Sona looks like its going to be incredible.

If you think about it, base Udyr is definitely the type of thing they are aiming to update with all these visual reworks, and SGU is basically HD Udyr.

Spirit Guard Udyr didn't come out last year, it came out in July 2013. There was no Ultimate skin last year. I don't find the idea of them delying DJ Sona by over 12 months to be very likely, to be honest, although it was probably planned to come out last year.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Here's a comparison of the Trist splashes:

I think the newer one is slightly better but it still has problems. For instance, why does she have matchsticks for ankles? Also I think the old one is slightly truer to her proportions, but ehh.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Now that you have to pay to swap machete upgrades, why not let us switch them even after we've bought an enchantment? Most of the time it wouldn't help, but I can think of a few times it would have been useful.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

I'm curious about this, were you playing ranked? Because in normals while premade stuff can gently caress with mmr a bit, it's not really that big a deal since your e-score isn't on the line. Take what you can learn and move on to the next game. Or set small goals like 'make sure that rear end in a top hat dies' or something.

Getting matched againest a diamond sucks tho, especially early on if you aren't like chatting with them in mumble where they can tell you what you are doing wrong. The hardest part about learning in that kinda stompy lane is you don't really know what you're doing wrong yet.

How would he play ranked before 30?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Whats the math behind rabadons vs void staff? Also when would sorc boots be a damage boost vs blasting wand

In general Rabadon's provides more damage-per-item slot but Void Staff provides more damage-per-gold (because it's cheaper), but not always.

TheEye posted:

Skin codes (that work in all regions) for Arclight Vel'koz:

RW16442ZHK6ZY4FC6LL8WL2F4

All expire 3/13 at 7pm PDT.
Took this one on EUW, thanks man :)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So Cinderhulk's maximum potential DPS is actually higher than Sunfire's, if I read correctly? Seems kind of odd.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hey guys, do the sunfire and Cinderhulk auras stack?

I figured they didn't but on probuilds tons of people are building both on Rammus

Those are all old games from when Cinderhulk was Juggernaut. Probuilds doesn't really check for this sort of thing - for instance, all of the example games in the "Most Sucessful Players" list for Rammus have him building Spirit of the Ancient Golem, despite the fact that was removed like 6 months ago.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

How do you watch matches from op.gg? I loaded my name in there and hit record when the game was starting but I can't find anything afterwards or any button that will let me pull it up

Last page but no one answered: your replays are only saved for like 5 minutes after the game ends, then they are removed. You have to download them in that time - if you forget, or OP.GG is lagging out and asks you to "Wait 100 minutes before refreshing" you're screwed, sorry.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Transient People posted:

You vastly underestimate the value of changing 200+2.2 Bonus AD into (200+2.2 Bonus AD)*(0.75CritChance*IEdgeMultiplier)
I don't see any indication that IE's crit damage multiplier will factor in? The ability doesn't crit, its damage is just increased by 0.75*CritChance.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

quote:

As a Fighter you ward more than 45% of Fighters
:smith:

quote:

As a Marksman you ward more than 31% of Marksmen
:smithicide:

quote:

As a Support you ward more than 98% of Supports
:unsmith:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

If "salty" wasn't in the lexicon they would've just called you mad, or said you were raging. Why are you expecting people playing this game to make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

moosecow333 posted:

Is it possible to perma stun people as Brand?

It was last year, but this time he's specifically nerfed in URF to make it impossible.

• Locked thread