Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

That's actually pretty drat impressive, she managed to net backwards like that, good video find dude. I don't get how she didn't die from burning down? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Tonetta posted:

To make fun of the people who unironically care

Goddamn you Tonetta I burst out laughing at work. When I get home, make love to me

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I wanna say Lissandra is the closest thing they have to a witch archetype and she's a bazillion years old. She's probably one of my favorite female champs and kind of has the monstrous look too with her proportions being really freaky and unnatural. And the B52 helmet. And the fact female commander Shepard voices her and Jennifer Hale owns

I swore Shaco's just a guy though. I think in the straight jacket skin part of his mask is cracked and you can see some sorta human skintone underneath.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Lissandra is a monster ice lady and even she has perfectly defined cleavage in every one of her skins, its inescapable. Even the most monstrous of any of the female champs has to be sexualized in some fashion.

On the other side of the coin you've got Varus wearing nothing but tar over his balls and ripplin dudes everyone likes sexy crap and playing out fantasies and god drat it this vein of conversation sucks

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

Most normal, well-adjusted people are a lot more easygoing about this stuff than you'd expect if your only exposure was to Internet scolds. The current 18-22 cohort are all super into video games and anime and traditionally nerdy stuff, it's gone almost full mainstream at this point really.

Holy poo poo this was a good post on your behalf, dude. After Tonetta you can lay me down by the fire

Also, ahem, vlad is a hemomancer, not a vampire *snort*

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

This thread discussion reminds me of a scene in Paul Verboten's film Robocop...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

a medical mystery posted:

Varus is pretty cool in that he's designed to be What Girls Actually Like. Somewhat muscled, but in a lithe and dextrous way.

As a heterosexual six foot five woman, yes, absolutely achieves my endgame sexual fantasies

Putting radio silence on lolking and other sites could make poo poo a bit interesting in the sense nobody has a crystal clear idea of your setup and will have to figure it out in game. If anything, putting the kibosh on people freaking out over facing :siren:DIAMOND:siren: opponents would be refreshing

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

This was from yesterday talking with a good buddy I play league with and it seems to fit pretty well with what's occurred in the last few pages. These discussions in the thread are never really level headed, it's just a lot of passive aggressive/outright angry snips at each other about being sexist or racist or whatever freaking subject matter is being discussed and the reason they remain level headed is because probations don't happen at the drop of a hat anymore in Games.

And honestly, the way these conversations in SA's Games threads typically roll like this: one person posts they're offended because developer isn't doing X. Contrarian opinion expressed, everyone dogpiles dissenting opinion, thread drags out into long stupid boring slugfest. In general turns off people looking to discuss the game and not so much developer being engaging in something "problematic." It does however make for a variety of incredibly stupid quotes, though, so there's that!

I know it's been some slow rear end months with the slower release schedule of champions (and this recent one is garbage bad) but it gets incredibly loving trite when any female champion splash art is released because it devolves into the above.

fnox posted:

I've seen a shitload of girls playing Lulu but I suppose that's got more to do with the character than the role. I've legit seen friends relegate their girlfriends to play support though, and I believe it's more of a way to relegate them to a "non crucial" role because apparently that's the stigma the support role still has.

Tell your friend's girlfriends to tell their boos to shut the hell up and buy wards and support them instead? Most of the gals I play with don't mind support(but every single loving goon loves support please some of you guys get into AD too because botlane is absolute poo poo and I'd rather loving jungle or toplane goddammit :mad:) but they can kick a fair amount of rear end in other roles too.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Corbeau posted:

Well, that's the first time I've seen someone complain about too many support players.

General experience playin with goons from IRC/SilverSquid is most either don't want to pick a role immediately OR will offer to support but nobody dares to pick AD nine times outta ten and my three ADs I can play competently are Draven, Graves, and Lucian and all three have some really sketchy laning phases so

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Endorph posted:

Honestly dude you've been whining more than everyone else here.

Possibly, but I've seen this play out in like every single thread in a game I enjoy so I guess my perception is clouded and I'm super angry and jaded

Libertine posted:

I will play AD in goonmans for you Serv, but only if I get to play a sufficiently busty female. I need my AD Carries to be carrying at least Ds and I don't know if that new Vayne splash is up to par.

I accept these terms provided you don't get angry at me for being angry about you being angry about your AD carry's boob size

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Alright, Faker owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1lZtCV3Lw

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Idk ny favirite ranked Vayne moment was when my Vanyne ulted, flashed over wraith camp condemned the tankiest guy into the wraith wall and promptly died because she engaged two screens ahead of us and was balls deep in five enemies. We lost shortly thereafter but I give him props for being flashy!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Angry Walrus posted:

That's why you can't duo with someone more than one league away from yours.

The real reason duo queue should be removed is that 9 times out of 10 they're both the worst the league playerbase has to offer but with added entitlement.

I guess if the duo picks some synergistic stuff it's good. Like say, Midlane/Jungler combo is really good. Botlane flat out I think is kinda crappy because the two of them will probably forget to convey poo poo to the rest of the team. If I duo, I generally jungle while my friend toplanes. I make sure to get him rolling with a gank at three and begin to evaluate where else I can go from there.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

HClChicken posted:

I know I'm just a silver player and I have a reputation for being terrible. I don't know what I'm bad at, do I die too much, too ham, bad decision making?

Kinda frustrating to have people talk poo poo to me to my face and not willing to offer actual advice.

Yeah, I'd be glad to take a look if you wanna post a replay or talk to me in game, the name's the same as here. If you jungle in particular I can give ya what I know.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

LeJackal posted:

Quinn top, someone talk me out of doing this.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Excellently drawn cape, dude. Your eyes just aren't good enough to interpret my great artistic skill.

Anyways HCI, looking at the video right away if you're getting invaded on, especially when Trundle's being blatant about it, you should absolutely disengage from the buff. More you sit there and tank it the more likely you end up with lower HP and you'll be low enough they can run up and kill you. Worst comes to and they steal your buff, either rush for the one left that they didn't take (in this case, Trundle's red) and you can potentially skunk his red or kill him instead. Don't tank a buff especially if you know someone's coming. Or hit three from camps and gank anyway(Elise's kit owns for ganking). Worst comes to, just keep in mind your smite does 410 damage after you've killed blue/wolves so click on the actual big buff mob and watch it's HP.

Also, general rule of thumb when it comes to ganks you wanna be a bit mindful of how many creeps the badguy has in his wave pushing. When you went top there were like two waves of creeps and Fiora got pummeled while you did this really weird gank.

oh buy a red trinket those wards trinkets are stupid and dumb for jungle

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 24, 2014

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

Do you reliably kill people at level 1-2 in most games? If you do that's awesome but I just don't see that a ton in my games (probably because of my play style).

Absolutely? Pantheon, Renekton, and Singed all have extremely powerful level 2s that can get them a kill well before a jungler arrives in solo queue or in normals playin with friends.

Renekton = 50 rage, W @ 1, E @ 2, E in auto > empowered W > auto > second E auto ignite
Singed = Fling auto ignite run around like jackass autoing
Pantheon = See the vs Quinn 1v1 it's pretty much whittle down idiot with spears then W in auto ignite spear

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 24, 2014

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Doesn't Trynd get a decent chunk of critical strike chance innately? I'd guess having two huge lifesteal items and getting a decent chunk of attackspeed is as legit as getting a PD or Shiv but I hate Trynd and don't bother playing him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

DarkDobe posted:

So I am debating picking this up again after a hiatus for the last.... 8 months?
I'm wondering if any of the new champions are worth picking up.
Especially so, i've been eyeballing Vel'Koz, since I have a particular fondness for skillshot champs.

Are any of the newer guys particularly outstanding? Does Vel'Koz suck, or he secretly OP like my good buddy Viktor was back when I played? How similar is he to Malz, my all time fave?

What has become of Jayce, too? I played briefly around the time he was released and subsequently nerfed into the ground, but I have some lingering hopes he is still enjoyable to use. He was easily one of my favourites back in the day!

Yasuo: Difficult champ to master but fun as gently caress
Vel'koz: Weird skillshots but does a lot of damage, is support sometimes. Also immobile as gently caress will die if anything breathes on him
Braum: Think Leona-ish but with more defense. Stupidly strong passive
Gnar: Poop out of a butt, very terrible. Big form good, little form absolute raw rear end

Viktor: Still janky good, the old "What does this guy do again" syndrome still exists
Malzahar: Great lane pusher, super high ratios, got some QoL buffs like his bugs were slightly less retarded
Jayce: Think Q>E is still king here, but some Korean Jayce only swears by Q>W>E for skill order

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

From what I can tell from work holy hell is that a really loving weird kit.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

It is Dota as gently caress and I absolutely loving love it.

Don't get me crossed I can dig the hell outta really weird kits and still hold Tiny's Toss needs to be in League but from the little bit I can gather its a very weird rear end pet... champion?

Its still neat this has been in the works forever. There were leaks of both a sand mage and an Egyptian bird god man and seeing it to fruition is cool

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

Patch notes too, what an evening.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-415-notes

Oh Rumble, you piece of crap.

Y'know I think Ghostcrawler was talking about it but they're trying to not break the legs of new ideas and champ lane assignments and hopefully this is a reflection of it. I personally do not get Alistar top at all because I feel like I would crush it with impunity but hey! Nice little step.

Woah holy poo poo does Azir look cool :vince:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

:siren: RENEKTON BEING PRETTIED UP YA'LL :siren:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Renekton also got a voice update and he sounds exactly like Garrosh Hellscream now (I'm guessing its the same VA)

Renekton's always been voiced by the guy that does Garrosh Hellscream, just add an echo. On top of that, the same guy voices Kog'maw, Lucian, and Wukong :psyduck:

Annnnnnnnd Sivir and Cassiopeia all got some extra voice lines!
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/826-pbe-azir.html

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

TheModernAmerican posted:

Holy dingdogs! So that 90% attack speed you get from Nashor's Tooth is gonna go pretty far, huh?

I feel like it's gonna be counterbalanced by him being Really loving Hard to play. Like the guy demonstrating his abilities seemed to have some issues.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

TheModernAmerican posted:

Yeah, it seems like Riot's settled in on "we have all the roles filled out, let's just make the new guys really damned hard" and it's working out pretty well. Aside from Vel'koz (who is braindead simple), we have Azir, Gnar, Braum, and Yasuo who all are some of the more mechanically intensive.

I wonder if Hurricane works on his soldiers :allears:

I dunno if I'd call Vel'koz braindead simple exactly. Firing geometry blast dead forward is one thing but landing it in weird angles is a whole different bird. And I think of all the casters in the game he dies more horribly when something's directly in his face than any other ranged caster but that's my opinion.

I'm totally cool with them releasing very complex characters though. I'd hope they go back to some of the older/cookie cutter kits of some of their champions and blow up the kit and do something different to adjust their difficulty.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

no way that makes it to live

Divided by 25 idiot read harder

Anyway these changes I'm sure will bring joy to the three guys that play Cassiopeia regularly in the universe

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

chumbler posted:

I'm all for almost anything that gets Cassiopeia back in the game, but I really don't like the "Just throw numbers and passives on passives at her" approach when that's really not what her problem is. (There is no actual problem with Cass herself, it's the rest of the game leaving her behind.)

gently caress that, I still have flashbacks of my first time wanting to play midlane as Ryze into my friend's diamond 1 loving Cassiopeia. Wide eyes and man I got the American Ryze skin haha he's got dollar bills in his hand oh god dead at level 2, dead at 4, zoned for the rest of the lane. I don't think I've gotten my rear end that thoroughly kicked in League in a long time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The Crusher posted:

Urgot is cool but his ult still repositions the camera. I really like his new Q effect. These buffs definitely aren't enough to make him viable or boost his win rate, but as an Urgot player I'll take what I can get.

Also why are they VU'ing Renekton? Not that I mind, but I mean Taric and Sion and tons of others need it so much more. Just seems like an odd priority order.

I think Taric's got this sorta goofy charm in the way old Master Yi, Sion, and old GP had. Sion I think is a part of a huge rework eventually, with a VU and a new kit.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

TechnoRobot posted:

Xerath vs. Viktor

I handled that a shitload better than Vequeth "Oh Yeah It's No Big Deal I've Gone Mid Against Froggen in Season 2" The Brit's Cassiopeia, sorry man

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

nrook posted:

Speaking of Nasus, does anyone have any good suggestions for a top laner who is strong against Nasus's counterpicks? I've been playing a lot of Nasus lately, but if the other guy first picks Teemo or Ryze, I'm left sitting there going "uhh" and picking somebody I can't play.

I tried Rumble awhile back, but I never really got the hang of him.

I'm gonna flagrantly steal this from Colonel Squish but some guide he put up eons ago actually wasn't a bad suggestion against casters that womp the crap out of you: buy a chalice and max E. Sounds retarded on paper but you'll have more than plenty enough mana and resists to hold out against those guys toplane while still getting stacks. It's a pretty good farming tool, so that's what I've been following when the big dog encounters caster jerks!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

*... zzzt ... * ... --lcome to today's broadcast from the Anti-Troll Coalition. Thanks for tuning in. We've had to kee-- *... eee ...* on the move, but we bring to you news of an insidious Troll, Gowby also known as Darth Win-- *... kkkhzhz ... * --ay alert, and do not trust any words coming from that pers-- *... kkchk wweeeeee ... * keep on the move, and always remain suspicious of posters lest they ruin your posting experience. DO NOT ENGAGE, no matter what. Stay safe! The password for the next Anti-Troll broadcast is "Sugar Ru-- *... waop waop waaOOOOooOO ...*

We'll return to "Chumbler Says The Darndest Things" after these messages!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Suprisingly living in a frozen butthole makes for great impersonations of the static noises from the matrix

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

my pog boyfriend posted:

I wish I could be a Soraka fan, after the nerfs to solo lane Soraka she just doesn't feel as strong anymore.

I still remember scoffing the first time at seeing midlane Soraka into my Mordekaiser eons ago and then being completely shocked and furious I got my rear end so thoroughly handed to me by a loving medic goat lady

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

seizure later posted:

I'd really like sites like lolnexus to stop existing once Riot stop the scraping so that I don't have every match that I play with friends to end up with an enemy team member saying "lol you're diamond?" as soon as I concede one kill no matter how well I'm doing.

Yeah if you're diamond in a normal either A) it's a foregone conclusion you're going to crush because you're DIAMOND or B) you ebayed your account

Lightning Knight posted:

Usually they're discounted when they come out, no?

Not legendaries, at least as far back as I've played.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

So I really like playing Mantheon

I just harassed the gently caress out of Riven in top lane and managed to help counter-jungle with Wukong. Whenever I had teleport up I would roam Mid/Bot (that ult loving rules) and help secure a couple kills/lanes and then teleport back to go kill Riven again. It was a lot of fun!

I made a couple of bad dives, though. So I definitely still have a ways to go.

At one point in the game three of them hid in a bush in front of me for ~SiCk_JuKeZ~ and then two promptly died to my E.

Absolutely take Ignite as Gowby said. Teleport's nice and all but dominating the crap out of your lane that much more is Pantheon's specialty in lane. There's only a few champs off the top of my head that give him a lot of issues, though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

chumbler posted:

Fun note about Azir: They removed his soldiers' ability to hit towers, but he can blow a stored soldier charge on a tower to damage it (unless they took that away since last I saw). A tear rolls down Heimer's cheek.

So for those that have played around with Azir, when he summons a soldier, they can only attack within the range that they were spawned? Or do they run to Azir or what exactly? I'd imagine the tower thing would be him pooting a soldier at a tower and it just thwacks the thing. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work out for him with the soldiers and their range.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

I've played against Yorick a couple times as Pantheon and had trouble, but I felt like if I understood the matchup better it could've gone either way - both times I went dblade and did tons of damage to him with my Q, but he was able to land just as much harass on me with his skills and had a better all-in. I dunno, hopefully Servaetes can shed more light on this lane because I have no idea, I've come to much prefer Panth in the jungle, though I still play him top when I can.

In any case, Yorick is thankfully rare.

Admittedly zero experience with it myself but I'd imagine it's one of his very bad lanes. Yorick is the king of safe lane bullying with lots and lots of sustain. I think his sustain, especially after a tear will be absolutely superior to Panth's damage output. The big plus though is he pushes the poo poo out of his lane with ghouls taking hits instead of creeps/hitting creeps so he's generally very gankable and Pantheon + most junglers = dead shovelman.

Another Very Bad Lane for Panth from personal experience though is Malphite. Dude's shitwheel is the same range or slightly further than Panth's Q, and the slow/speedup combo lets him get out of range pretty safely.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

He was the scorpion king now he is merely the scorpion duke or other minor lord.

This is a stupid opinion for bad idiot people. The Crystal Scar doesn't weep for your "oh i only liked him when he was broken" rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

A Stupid Baby posted:

Man, does anyone else remember the glory days of the league thread when we talked about appropriate topics at least tangentially related to the game, such as domestic abuse and Katarina X Rengar slashfic?

Yeah me neither, death to whatever 12 year old made me lag out and miss a skillshot

lmfao

• Locked thread